Fixed deposit rates go up as banks and finance companies jostle for market share

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/ba...rket-share

No wonder UOB got long queues, waiting as long as 3 hrs to put in FD

8Umbrella Umbrella

There's no prize of winning this game, because fixed deposit only last 1 year, you can't lock in
To the bank if you move cash to them hoping you stay with them, but competitors also did the same

(01-09-2022, 10:08 AM)klat Wrote:  No wonder UOB got long queues, waiting as long as 3 hrs to put in FD

Why people dunwan to do it online?

(03-09-2022, 12:19 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Why people dunwan to do it online?

App says must go to any branch to open a/c for FD before can transfer funds.

(01-09-2022, 10:08 AM)klat Wrote:  No wonder UOB got long queues, waiting as long as 3 hrs to put in FD

Other banks no queue and rates are higher

(03-09-2022, 01:40 PM)Migrant Wrote:  App says must go to any branch to open a/c for FD before can transfer funds.

Before you open an FD with UOB, you have to open a savings account….nowadays you can open an FD with many other banks without savings account, you can even do it online. UOB should allow people do it online to clear the 3 hr queue.

(03-09-2022, 01:40 PM)Migrant Wrote:  App says must go to any branch to open a/c for FD before can transfer funds.

Not true leh. You can open a FD account online but have to wait 15 days (max). Maybe these people are anxious to open it immediately so they go to the bank.

(03-09-2022, 01:41 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Other banks no queue and rates are higher

Which bank higher than 2.6%?

(03-09-2022, 01:59 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Which bank higher than 2.6%?

Hong Leong bank, BEA Bank, RHB and others

(01-09-2022, 10:00 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/business/ba...rket-share

Seems many Singaporeans are cash rich. To place any FD with any bank, takes you 3 to 4 hour waiting plus processing. Notice alot of quarreling at any bank.
I think my JHKs also convert their useless banana ringgits into Sing and put in FD here

CHAOS & Cityhantam are 2 sick CCP mother-fcuker bastards, who support Islamic radical Simplemen, aka Imran, who has been belittling Chinese, juz because their mothers like farking Hamas dogs

You can only do online provided you open a FD account many all practices this.

Famine is near,with so so much money also useless
People robs food,valuables no one wants

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

May bank offer inyerest upfront.
Best.

Enjoy your interest real time.