clone VOice technology

hi guys, i received a few calls from unknown numbers trying to engage me in conversation (e.g. pretend to be a long lost friend but ask me to guess what his name is. these numbers also come from legitimate sg numbers - not the tell tale calls with +65 prefixed to their numbers)

if u guys receive such calls, just immediately hang up. cause the concern is that after a conversation with these ppl, they will be able to *clone your voice*, and then they will do things like:

1. call your friends with your voice and say you need money urgently because you lost your phone etc
2. call your family and say you are kidnapped

voice cloning technology has already been developed: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fbi-voice...eg-collier

for e.g. in ATA, if u receive other calls from maybe say Dr Joel who wants to borrow money cause he lost his phone, try to verify it first.

i know of a few people hit cause they received a call who sounded exactly like their friend, but from a different phone number (they just claimed they lost their phone and urgently need $300-$500 etc). stay safe!