cockles and seafood, meat seized from illegal Woodlands facility

Over 1,000kg of cockles and 6,000kg of seafood, meat seized from illegal Woodlands facility

PUBLISHEDAUG 27, 2021, 5:32 PM SGT
FACEBOOKTWITTER
SINGAPORE - More than 1,000kg of illegally processed cockles and 6,000kg of illegally stored seafood and meat products have been seized by the Singapore Food Agency (SFA) from a building in Woodlands Loop.

The agency said on Friday (Aug 27) that its officers discovered the illegal cockle processing operation in the industrial area on Wednesday.

The same premises were also used illegally as a cold store for meat and seafood products.

In all, the SFA seized 1,040kg of cockles and 6,160kg of seafood and meat products from the premises.

The agency is investigating the case and has issued a direction to suspend the processing, as well as the sale and distribution, of cockles, seafood and meat products by the operator of the premises.

Enforcement action will also be taken against the operator for illegal food processing and illegal storage of meat and seafood products.

8Umbrella Umbrella

They should give the cockles to me
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(28-08-2021, 10:38 AM)dynamite Wrote:  They should give the cockles to me

fisherman may have covid.

India curry to china was found to have covid few months back. Cool

(28-08-2021, 10:49 AM)cf9 Wrote:  fisherman may have covid.

India curry to china was found to have covid few months back. Cool

Just handle and cook carefully.

lol no more cockles for u temporily.

I know yr favourite is Char Kway Teow. You wil use it, rite?

(28-08-2021, 02:32 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  I know yr favourite is Char Kway Teow. You wil use it, rite?

I suspect my previous supply was from there
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(28-08-2021, 02:48 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I suspect my previous supply was from there
Bro, be safe when you eat cockles. Make sure is fully cooked. Got a case of a popular cockles stall in Holland area coffee shop where 30 over customers got food poisoning and hospitalised. Stall suspended for 2 weeks.

Cockles are yummy, but when u see how they are de-shelled and prepared bet you won't dare to eat them anymore.

As it's sometime irresistible, just ensure that it is overly cooked if you must eat.