couple who set up 'creepy' altar under neighbour's window in Ang Mo Kio

It's a religious ceremony and not a curse, says couple who set up 'creepy' altar under neighbour's window in Ang Mo Kio

NOVEMBER 28, 2021
PUBLISHED AT 12:58 PM

A makeshift 'altar' on which two effigies are placed together with a small coffin and joss sticks, bound together by a strip of yellow paper. Beside it are a pair of fruits with iron nails driven through their centres.

Creepy? That's what one family in Ang Mo Kio thought when they discovered this hair-raising scene outside their window.

More from AsiaOne
Read the condensed version of this story, and other top stories with NewsLite.
The resident, Madam Ho, 60, told Shin Min Daily News that she first discovered the setup below her window along the common corridor that they share with their neighbour. She was puzzled but did not question her neighbour.

It was only after her son-in-law found out about the situation and inquired about it at a temple that she realised the setup might be a "curse". Ho said she immediately felt uneasy at the thought.

"I moved here for eight years and things have been peaceful with my neighbour. They pray at their doorstep, often accompanied by chanting and ringing of bells. Although I didn't feel comfortable, but I didn't say anything. But with this altar, it's too much."

Ho said she has called the police and lodged a complaint with the town council. However as it's a religious matter, the situation has yet to be resolved.

The situation got widespread attention online after a recent Facebook post made by a member of Ho's family went viral. In the comments section, many netizens posited that the practice could be a form of "black magic".

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/its-re...neighbours

8Umbrella Umbrella

Suay la live in HDB..should stay landed like most other countries

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/its-re...neighbours

Looks like black magic stuff.......... Confused

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(28-11-2021, 06:55 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/its-re...neighbours

Looks like black magic stuff.......... Confused

I too think it is black magic, someone has an axe to grind..... crying

with thai kaffir limes, looks like thai kongtao?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

Retarded mudface Portaly is one good example but he has no skills nor power against the anointed messenger of GOD

(28-11-2021, 06:47 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Suay la live in HDB..should stay landed like most other countries

Rotfl  landed property they will be performing ritual …  you think is that less suay

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(28-11-2021, 08:01 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Rotfl  landed property they will be performing ritual …  you think is that less suay

Performing ritual is one level up from what is seen at the corridor......... Laughing

(28-11-2021, 08:04 PM)debono Wrote:  Performing ritual is one level up from what is seen at the corridor......... Laughing

Many level up will be human sacrifice ….  Opasnie-1

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(28-11-2021, 08:09 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Many level up will be human sacrifice ….  Opasnie-1

Yes, that is the ultimate, they will sacrifice a virgin..... Big Grin