Malaysia : MSK Durian price plunges as bumper harvest and export to China slows

Bumper harvest  and major export market of China saw a severe slowdown causing a glut.

[Image: bxa6K12.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/d...nths%20ago.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(19-12-2022, 09:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/d...nths%20ago.

Must take this opportunity to buy lots of it, before some other thing crops up.......... Laughing Clapping

(19-12-2022, 09:58 PM)debono Wrote:  Must take this opportunity to buy lots of it, before some other thing crops up.......... Laughing Clapping

Friends in Malaysia told me this Yr durian is so cheap there they only eat MSK durian...the rest don't bother

(19-12-2022, 10:00 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Friends in Malaysia told me this Yr durian is so cheap there they only eat MSK durian...the rest don't bother

Is the MSK the best of the best...........? Clapping

Come here different price.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(19-12-2022, 10:06 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Come here different price.
3 times the cost in Bolehland.........? Clapping Laughing

(19-12-2022, 10:12 PM)debono Wrote:  3 times the cost in Bolehland.........? Clapping Laughing

We need price war to take place.
May be that row of shops at Marine Parade can start the ball rolling.

(19-12-2022, 10:12 PM)debono Wrote:  3 times the cost in Bolehland.........? Clapping Laughing

$100 plus for 4.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(19-12-2022, 10:22 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  $100 plus for 4.

That is cheap by any standards............. Clapping Laughing Gesti-109

Tomorrow I am going to JB to eat durian.

Anyone can recommend good durian stall or.area ?

Everywhere you go, all the labels are MSW. But there is no buyer?

(20-12-2022, 09:41 PM)theold Wrote:  Everywhere you go, all the labels are MSW. But there is no buyer?

Why no buyer when the fruit is cheap, why don't take the opportunity to eat till heart's content..........? Rotfl Laughing nudie

(20-12-2022, 09:44 PM)debono Wrote:  Why no buyer when the fruit is cheap, why don't take the opportunity to eat till heart's content..........? Rotfl Laughing nudie

They are full of offers. One for One, Three for One. Four for One. But there is no price. If got the price, it is $15 for one small one. $20 for the middle size. All to confuse people.

Not surprised lah, nao ATs are dropping left right center, those still standing most ish either coughing and\or fever so don't think they got the mood nor health to jiak durians liao. Sad

Anyway if ship here even cost less than previous years also will not be much cheaper than hooting in boleh land, so best ish still go over to enjoy the full extend and full force of 1:3 rates lah.

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

(20-12-2022, 09:51 PM)Soulhacker Wrote:  Not surprised lah, nao ATs are dropping left right center, those still standing most ish either coughing and\or fever so don't think they got the mood nor health to jiak durians liao. Sad

Anyway if ship here even cost less than previous years also will not be much cheaper than hooting in boleh land, so best ish still go over to enjoy the full extend and full force of 1:3 rates lah.

But the Q by car is 3 to 4 hours long at the Causeway............... crying
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(20-12-2022, 09:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Tomorrow  I am going to JB to eat durian.

1. KLS Basement One, they only sell the expensive ones 
Go after 4 pm, you can get the Pahang Old Tree King of Kings
2. Level 1 Outside next to taxi stand 
Sell all kinds, but prepare to be short changed if you are not careful
3. Pelangi, road side stalls near the 100-Stalls Market
Don’t be too eager to buy
Ask the price and go to the next few stalls to compare

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

My dad told me MSW is $5 RM per kg in Msia.... Big Grin

Smile

The famous stalls in KuchaiLama Outside KL are selling between RM22 to RM25 kg for MSW
In JB, the standard price is around RM30 to $35 per kg
Do not try to show you are an eager Sinkie
Or they will skin you

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

(20-12-2022, 09:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Tomorrow  I am going to JB to eat durian.

I  went across at around 1pm ..traffic is heavy but still.okay

Found this shop slight more expensive but durian looks better RM$23/kg MSW. Saw some as cheap as  RM15/kg 

I ordered one to eat on the spot the other I seal tight to bring back to my mom.

Quality is very good ...I never eat MSW I'm Singaporw by so was my first time to try...