Leftover-food eaters in Singapore

https://www.facebook.com/goh.gilbert/pos...6375493975

Visited Waterloo for my usual weekly routine to pass cash to the leftover-food eaters and chanced upon this elderly woman sitting quietly by herself.

This is the first time that I saw her after many months of visit at Waterloo and what struck me at first is the sores that cover much of her legs and arms.

I recoil abit from her initially but decided to pass her our free porridge meal - surprisingly she rejected the offer but took the yu char kua only.

She also kept making a funny sound from her mouth as if she is sucking on something but there is nothing in her mouth.
I tried to strike a conversation with her but it's apparent she is incapable of that and kept fidgetting with some documents in her plastic bag.

She needs medical attention definitely for her skin issue and probably a good hair-cut as well.
I left her with a heavy heart as she don't seem well physically and mentally.
I return later to check on her but she is gone.

Do something good for Singapore.

[Image: g7.jpg]

https://www.facebook.com/goh.gilbert/pos...3176823975

Bought this elderly lunch as I saw him wandering around the Waterloo hawker centre looking for leftover food to eat.
He is on our regular food-aid list and whenever we are there will buy him lunch and pass him some cash to tide over.

There are at least five regular leftover food consumers here and they are not difficult to spot - mostly elderly and penniless with a hungry look for food .

Do something good for Singapore.

[Image: g9.jpg]

Why they r not on social support schemes under relevant ministry?

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

good man. the little that you give away means so much to these.
keep up the good work.

Part of society. The world cannot have everyone being equal or rich. The rich will stop you making money and be rich.

Saw a middle-aged man rummaging through a trash bin and eating leftovers, and an aunty stopped him and gave him some snacks and refreshment from her grocery basket. I gave him $5 whilst another man gave $10, thereafter he was overwhelmed with tears.