fellow middle-aged people, do u find urself succumbing to ennui and despair as u age?

feel like life is so empty, everyday just working to make ends meets
Frown

people are mean and scary
i dont know how they judge me
i dont know what they think about me
Sad 

I feel very stressful and helpless...sg had changed alot and life is tough to make ends meet

IAM72 want to live 100
I know what happening
no infection only poison
i lack time to learn in details
taking short cut
my firewall now only by updating by issueing this command at
pihole: pihole -up
it does its things
freebsd:
at root
pkg update && pkg upgrade -y
exit both
watch RT and old movies like trill and one arm swordman
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

(18-05-2023, 12:28 AM)joyce_tay Wrote:  I feel very stressful and helpless...sg had changed alot and life is tough to make ends meet

hope u find a better jod soon
Frown

Sad 

(18-05-2023, 12:33 AM)singlon Wrote:  IAM72 want to live 100
I know what happening
no infection only poison
i lack time to learn in details
taking short cut
my firewall now only by updating by issueing this command at
pihole: pihole -up
it does its things
freebsd:
at root
pkg update && pkg upgrade -y
exit both
watch RT and old movies like trill and one arm swordman

jin envey u living such fruitful fulfilling life
Frown

Sad 

(18-05-2023, 12:28 AM)joyce_tay Wrote:  I feel very stressful and helpless...sg had changed alot and life is tough to make ends meet

that's why I stop working for companies esp SME

Search your inner self. 
Mind is the forerunner of everything. 
External problem is like a Web. 
You can never get out completely. 
Everything in life, good or bad is just an experience. 
Like a dream, like an illusion, like a bubble.... 
Our inner self, our spiritual journey..
The way to happiness and peace.
[+] 2 users Like Migrant's post

That is why laukokkok dynamite comes here seek attention and taunt

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(17-05-2023, 11:08 PM)zzzzzzz Wrote:  feel like life is so empty, everyday just working to make ends meets
Frown

You need a life coach to find meaning. Start with getting rid of your negative thoughts... and focus only on positive thoughts.

Life is great but it starts in your mind.

If you keep thinking it is bad, it will get worse. Do u want that?
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

Well for me is to feed children and support my parents. If none of these exist, I would have earned enough in my working life to retire at this very moment! Earn a living to feed and support others on top of feed ownself is cham tiring when will it end? Parents up lorry. Children all go out to work. Aha now I can throw letter retire.

(18-05-2023, 12:44 PM)sgh Wrote:  Well for me is to feed children and support my parents. If none of these exist, I would have earned enough in my working life to retire at this very moment! Earn a living to feed and support others on top of feed ownself is cham tiring when will it end? Parents up lorry. Children all go out to work. Aha now I can throw letter retire.
Your chance will surely come. It's a matter of time.
You look after your parents,  your children will eventually  look after you.

You asked a profound question.
I will attempt a profound answer.

1. Why is the purpose of society and our role in society?

2. In Singapore every citizen is an economic cog that is part of an economic engine.

3. As he gets old productivity drops and his role in our society is diminished.

4. Hence the despair.

Basically it's the value system of our society. You are measured by your ability to make money

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(18-05-2023, 01:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Basically it's the value system of our society. You are measured by your ability to make money

Well that is the signal our MIW sent to us peasants. They demand to be paid millions so can work. This means monies super lagi important. Hence peasants like us take cue from their stand and vow to earn as much monies as possible even though we know we can never reach their status in terms of monies paid.

(18-05-2023, 12:44 PM)sgh Wrote:  Well for me is to feed children and support my parents. If none of these exist, I would have earned enough in my working life to retire at this very moment! Earn a living to feed and support others on top of feed ownself is cham tiring when will it end? Parents up lorry. Children all go out to work. Aha now I can throw letter retire.

at least u got wife got kids when happy got someone to share each other hapiness with so that happy can x2 and if got anyone sad got each other for accomapany so that saddness divide 2

next time u also got children cares for u

for me i 41yo still singles and alone no wife no children no nothing to look forwards to
Frown

Sad 

(18-05-2023, 09:47 AM)Migrant Wrote:  Search your inner self. 
Mind is the forerunner of everything. 
External problem is like a Web. 
You can never get out completely. 
Everything in life, good or bad is just an experience. 
Like a dream, like an illusion, like a bubble.... 
Our inner self, our spiritual journey..
The way to happiness and peace.

(18-05-2023, 11:04 AM)RichDad Wrote:  You need a life coach to find meaning. Start with getting rid of your negative thoughts... and focus only on positive thoughts.

Life is great but it starts in your mind.

If you keep thinking it is bad, it will get worse. Do u want that?

sadly not easy to finds inner self and not easy to find meaning
Frown

Sad 

(18-05-2023, 01:47 PM)zzzzzzz Wrote:  at least u got wife got kids when happy got someone to share each other hapiness with so that happy can x2 and if got anyone sad got each other for accomapany so that saddness divide 2

next time u also got children cares for u

for me i 41yo still singles and alone no wife no children no nothing to look forwards to
Frown

You wrong liao. Now the children is stick out hand ask for monies. Don't give or give enough they argue why you give birth to them?!?! Times are different now the children talk as if we parents owe them a living! I prefer to be single so now I can retire liao no need feed them and they argue back to you.