first time watched Breaking bad, why American so cham and poor meh?

50 years old PHD  need to work two jobs.
 yet he has only $7K left to buy the trailer truck ?
I google a high school teacher made USD$52K yearly
where did his last 30 years of saving goes to? I thought American has 501 plan or something like our CPF
if a PHD teacher struggle liddat, what made of normal American ?

Phd doesn't mean high pay, depending on what he studied, American is generally a spender not a saver, 401k is voluntary in US
In uk i read somehwere phd holder who work in research paid as well as starbuck barista
Not everyone suitable to study phd, as it makes one to become stupider in a way he or she appeared abnormal to the public, they will be reshaped in thinking, so much so they become weird, hence phd
aka permanent head damage

Had you seen one nus professor who like to write reviews so much,on top of student report cards, when he go every restaurant or dinner and dance party, he will write a full page of restaurant reviews as if anyone bother to read... Is getting weird

(25-12-2022, 05:25 PM)limpeh394 Wrote:  50 years old PHD  need to work two jobs.
 yet he has only $7K left to buy the trailer truck ?
I google a high school teacher made USD$52K yearly
where did his last 30 years of saving goes to? I thought American has 501 plan or something like our CPF
if a PHD teacher struggle liddat, what made of normal American ?

Elon Musk came from S. Africa to USA  with just some spare change and made 100B.

Microsoft CEO came to US as a poor student now CEO.

This type of thing depends on who you look at.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

During recession many went back to study at graduate schools to avoid becoming NEET, acronym for "Not in Education, Employment, or Training", and because of competition they're not able to choose what to study. But at least could hv some income and got something to do

The reason peoples teach is because they are out of touch with life and cannot do and work with peoples, so they instead talking down and teach as if he done before hands-on
If you really can do, you will be working in private sector making money
Rarely you see those can do chose to teach