full understaning on functions of a WILL,ANY EXPERT HERE ?

mr wong willed 80% of his  estate to his wife,20% to a relative

his wife do likewise willed 80% of her estate to him ,20% to the same relative.

in the event of a common disaster,means both passed on at the same time ,the same relative will get all 100% of their estate ?

only 20% of the money together, because both will only 20%. unless the Will state 100%
will go to benefactor if spouse dies.

U can ask the state for free legal advise, google.

(30-10-2022, 04:45 PM)victortan Wrote:  only 20% of the money together, because both will only 20%. unless the Will state 100%
will go to benefactor if spouse dies.

U can ask the state for free legal advise, google.

on surface u are  correct  as i do hv this thinking go to spouse benefactor .
but in the spouse will has  only 1 beneficary and that is the same relative no any other person other than this same relative

(30-10-2022, 05:07 PM)talky Wrote:  on surface u are  correct  as i do hv this thinking go to spouse benefactor .
but in the spouse will has  only 1 beneficary and that is the same relative no any other person other than this same relative

Who is the executor of the will??? the will must have a executor. 

I think both of them name the spouse as the executor of the will..if either one of them passed away first..

But now both dies at the same time, no executor, the court will take over, the state have a copy of the will if they register the will
with the state..

if will state 20%, the relative cannot get the rest, the rest the court will deicde,,

better u go ask free legal advice,,

(30-10-2022, 05:07 PM)talky Wrote:  on surface u are  correct  as i do hv this thinking go to spouse benefactor .

or if the will have a clause that state that in the event of both of them passed away, the relative will get 100%

(30-10-2022, 05:13 PM)victortan Wrote:  Who is the executor of the will??? the will must have a executor. 

I think both of them name the spouse as the executor of the will..if either one of them passed away first..

But now both dies at the same time, no executor, the court will take over, the state have a copy of the will if they register the will
with the state..

if will state 20%, the relative cannot get the rest, the rest the court will deicde,,

better u go ask free legal advice,,
sorry did not mention executor

:
in both of the wills the wife n the relative are executors
in both of the wills the husband n the same relative are executors
so 2 executors in any of the 2 wills

also LPA

explain in detail
lazy to read

(30-10-2022, 05:16 PM)victortan Wrote:  or if the will have a clause that state that in the event of both of them passed away, the relative will get 100%

ya this clause hit the nail head directly.

hope this is the answer

(30-10-2022, 05:16 PM)victortan Wrote:  or if the will have a clause that state that in the event of both of them passed away, the relative will get 100%

see lots of smart forumers here better than a lawyer whom i asked b4 said cant be done.