goh meng seng finally throw in the towel

GMS spent 20 years of his life reflecting on the political situation in Singapore from an opposition mindset and finally he saw the light and threw in the towel. The reasons for his giving up is all in these 3 paragraphs.....

"On the other hand, Singaporeans will forever that docile. I love my fellow Singaporeans but I will never put any hope on them to stand up against PAP’s tyranny.

Thus, I do not think there is any meaningful reasons for me to continue in opposition politics unless I am prepared to sacrifice my political principles and vision, just play along as a court jester by being just a meek voice in Parliament. In Chinese, that is called 政客混饭吃.

I can only see decline in Singapore as the system has failed to produce the vibrant environment necessary for real good leaders to nurture. Rent Seeking is just too rampant which will turn meritocracy into a mythical bluff of delusions. The current leaders’ mediocrity is just the beginning of the great decline."

I never read what he wrote in the past, but this farewell article seems to paint a very accurate and hopeless situation we are in............ Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(31-10-2021, 04:01 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  GMS spent 20 years of his life reflecting on the political situation in Singapore from an opposition mindset and finally he saw the light and threw in the towel. The reasons for his giving up is all in these 3 paragraphs.....

"On the other hand, Singaporeans will forever that docile. I love my fellow Singaporeans but I will never put any hope on them to stand up against PAP’s tyranny.

Thus, I do not think there is any meaningful reasons for me to continue in opposition politics unless I am prepared to sacrifice my political principles and vision, just play along as a court jester by being just a meek voice in Parliament. In Chinese, that is called 政客混饭吃.

I can only see decline in Singapore as the system has failed to produce the vibrant environment necessary for real good leaders to nurture. Rent Seeking is just too rampant which will turn meritocracy into a mythical bluff of delusions. The current leaders’ mediocrity is just the beginning of the great decline."

I never read what he wrote in the past, but this farewell article seems to paint a very accurate and hopeless situation we are in............ Rolleyes

SG just too many dumbfarks! Not worth fighting.
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

Even without him trying.....
Singapore has changed forever.....
killed by covid19
US corporation owned by England was busted.
Greta was busted
US republic on the rise.
Kamala wants to get out of Titanic.
Joe wants to get rid of her.

Xi escaped and got got his assassin drowned
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

(31-10-2021, 04:01 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  GMS spent 20 years of his life reflecting on the political situation in Singapore from an opposition mindset and finally he saw the light and threw in the towel. The reasons for his giving up is all in these 3 paragraphs.....

Don't disagree with you on this one.

With POFMA and FICA it is actually more dangerous than before to be a vocal opposition...

Go in and humor the pap in Parliament is okay.

During the CECA debate I was wondering where the WP was as the PSP tried to voice people 's concern....at the end of debate the WP just ask govt to be more transparent in the motion ...PAP just threw aside the suggestion and moved on.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

CCP1 reports to Medusa

[Image: Screenshot-2021-10-31-at-16-25-18-cirstenw2.png]
https://i.gifer.com/8MoI.gif

(31-10-2021, 03:26 PM)singlon Wrote:  We just have to remember Klaus schwab and Robodog
Now that all are practically jabbeds if not from the needles from
the air or foods .....
The change will baffle many. They still stuck in the past.
GMS is also from the past.
The wise ones will detox
There might even be tired-PAPs and clones take their places.

klaus schwab has been arrested 
https://kpblog.space/2021/10/28/full-art...celerates/
[+] 1 user Likes singaporean1964's post

GMS has awakened. 
He is not happy with his worldly life.
He is aiming for Nirvana. 
He has changed direction. 
He will be a happy person

(31-10-2021, 04:30 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  klaus schwab has been arrested 
https://kpblog.space/2021/10/28/full-art...celerates/

That Swiss octagon CERN
we r in the storm
starlink is close to earth

(31-10-2021, 04:48 PM)Migrant Wrote:  GMS has awakened. 

Is it? He visit sammyboy forum?

He has awakened from his deep slumber, he  now wants to be more religious, to avoid any suing from the current ruling members..... nudie nudie

He must learn from Siddhart b4 he becomes Buddha.
Everything must remain the same.
yet it has changed
wat has changed?
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

(31-10-2021, 04:27 PM)singlon Wrote:  CCP1 reports to Medusa

[Image: Screenshot-2021-10-31-at-16-25-18-cirstenw2.png]
https://i.gifer.com/8MoI.gif

Medusa is actually not evil.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(31-10-2021, 04:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Besides the WP,  few others can crack through... 
Of course some are not of high quality others are hindered by lack of branding..but often voters don't give them a chance 

Anyway, while I disagree with many of GMS ideas, at least he has guts tk speak out on certain issues ...these issues may not win votes but someone has to stand up for justice.

GMS need to deeply self reflect, 
Vibrant sounds good but ideas must be practical,
many of his ideas are too vague and do NOT help Sg living.

He quit Sg is his answer, of course it is his choice.
ITE he fail to set achievable goals and differentiate himself from other parties.

(31-10-2021, 04:54 PM)singlon Wrote:  That Swiss octagon CERN
we r in the storm
starlink is close to earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS_FoLbXR1g
[+] 1 user Likes singaporean1964's post

(31-10-2021, 01:55 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  throw in the towel doesnt mean he died
it means he is guving up fighting the pap

He gives up fighting for sinkies liao
[+] 1 user Likes happyharvest's post

(31-10-2021, 04:21 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Don't disagree with you on this one.

With POFMA and FICA it is actually more dangerous than before to be a vocal opposition...

Go in and humor the pap in Parliament is okay.

During the CECA debate I was wondering where the WP was as the PSP tried to voice people 's concern....at the end of debate the WP just ask govt to be more transparent in the motion ...PAP just threw aside the suggestion and moved on.

Opposition MPs can say their part in parliament, cos they enjoy parliamentary immunity, whereas if spoken outside parliament they are liable to be sued, and sued until pants drop........ crying

(31-10-2021, 05:06 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Medusa is actually not evil.

correct

(31-10-2021, 01:51 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  How old is he?

Born: 1970 (age 51 years), 
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

the ruling party may not lose but they can self destruct which i think can happen in not so distant future!

(31-10-2021, 05:05 PM)singlon Wrote:  He must learn from Siddhart b4 he becomes Buddha.
Everything must remain the same.
yet it has changed
wat has changed?

But Buddha still fail in the place of origin due the religion  not political enough.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(31-10-2021, 05:21 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Born: 1970 (age 51 years), 

Confucius on life. 
At 30, I had planted my feet firm upon the ground.
At 40, I no longer suffered from perplexities.
At 50, I knew what were the biddings of heaven.
At 60, I heard them with docile ears.
At 70, I could follow the dictates of my own heart; for what I desired no longer overstepped the boundaries of right

(31-10-2021, 05:21 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Born: 1970 (age 51 years), 

Still young, should start a new life

Sinkies are like he said, cannot be saved as kiasi, kiasu, kiaboh, kiachenghu

Better to devote his time on himself and loved ones

Sinkies are an ungrateful lot, let Darwin do the culling

(31-10-2021, 05:50 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Confucius on life. 
At 30, I had planted my feet firm upon the ground.
At 40, I no longer suffered from perplexities.
At 50, I knew what were the biddings of heaven.
At 60, I heard them with docile ears.
At 70, I could follow the dictates of my own heart; for what I desired no longer overstepped the boundaries of right
Dun talk rots!

(31-10-2021, 05:08 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  GMS need to deeply self reflect, 
Vibrant sounds good but ideas must be practical,
many of his ideas are too vague and do NOT help Sg living.

He quit Sg is his answer, of course it is his choice.
ITE he fail to set achievable goals and differentiate himself from other parties.

Talk so easy, why not you try?

Already given out several rounds of masks free of charge to cover your mouths, and also given out a whole bottle of mouthwash free of charge to gargle your throats and your mouths to keep your words clean, still don't get the message?

(31-10-2021, 06:03 PM)NoActionTalkOnly Wrote:  Already given out several rounds of masks free of charge to cover your mouths, and also given out a whole bottle of mouthwash free of charge to gargle your throats and your mouths to keep your words clean, still don't get the message?

If I read between the lines, our garment wants us to keep our mouth shut..... Angry

(31-10-2021, 05:54 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Talk so easy, why not you try?

No easy but in the first must list what is most important to be changed,

What do you think is most concern to Sg other than this pandemic.

He has no idea, better step aside let the capable come forward.

(31-10-2021, 06:19 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  No easy but in the first must list what is most important to be changed,

What do you think is most concern to Sg other than this pandemic.

He has no idea, better step aside let the capable come forward.
Why must you dictate if he step aside or not?

If he has no idea, then you dont vote for him, simpur

But why must he step aside? Is he blocking anyone?

(31-10-2021, 06:21 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Why must you dictate if he step aside or not?

If he has no idea, then you dont vote for him, simpur

But why must he step aside? Is he blocking anyone?

I did not dictate, but do think he should have step aside, because opp sides need fresh ideas.

However he did more than just step aside, he is leaving Sg.

(31-10-2021, 06:32 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  I did not dictate, but do think he should have step aside, because opp sides need fresh ideas.

However he did more than just step aside, he is leaving Sg.

Well, he can and should do what he thinks is best for himself

If you don't need people like him, many others do

As a politician, it is not just about ideas

Ideas are a plenty

Nnw..forget it!