how is it possible plse explain

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...-ocbc-bank
[+] 3 users Like Talent's post

OCBC is one of the worst banks in Sinkiepoor

I hv closed all my accounts with it several years ago

why not possible ?

(31-12-2021, 11:25 AM)forum456 Wrote:  why not possible ?

Yah, why not?

Greed and fear are the 2 most powerful emotions. Scammers know how to attack the weak spots.

Just like those car accident floaters ... they attack you once you get into an accident... when you are at your weakest.

Bloody scammers. But karma will get them.

I've accounts with many banks but so far OCBC is the one that gives me a lot of trouble. There was once where my credit card was fraudulently used in Australia. Never happen to my other bank credit cards b4. Their app is also poorly developed where some models of HP cannot open it.

Possible because God is crazy to create so many DF on this planet!  Tongue

All banks same
Best to keep money at home

Quote:[size=11]Victims received unsolicited SMSes purporting to be from the bank, claiming there were issues with their banking accounts and they had to click on a link given in the message to resolve the issue.
The link led to fake bank websites and victims were asked to key in their Internet banking account login details.
[/size]

[Image: hzsms301221.jpg?VersionId=go.vof5y3AKNpa...k=rQHfEXKt]

Whole thing is very simple 

1. Victim receive messages to go to certain link to check their accounts.

2. When they click on link it is identical to OCBC site asking for account password and OTP.

3. With this 3 things the can go in and do transfers to other accounts.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Probably some victims kena cheated becos of receiving below sms. Never click any link to access any bank website
Always go to google and key in the bank name to go the bank website.

[Image: 311-E1106-862-C-4551-BE96-E31-DF7411-A1-D.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Got 1 joker say, see +65 on the phone indicates it is call from foreign country?
This is the biggest joke I ever heard. Rotfl
I think he has never in his life order anything online before…

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I will never go the bank by way of their website to log in.
Only go the bank app to log in if needed to access my account.... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

I also received the scam SMS. This is even after OCBC put out public warning of the phishing. I can see how someone not fully awake could fall for it

It's perhaps time for the telcos to conduct some filtering of scam and spam rather than just simply forwarding them. Or at least put a "possible scam" label in front of the SMS.

(31-12-2021, 12:18 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  All banks same
Best to keep money at home

yes if can happen to ocbc
can happen to other banks

I got that ocbc message too. 
Dont bother. Just Delete. 
Phone number with +65. Ignore.

(31-12-2021, 01:25 PM)Migrant Wrote:  I got that ocbc message too. 
Dont bother. Just Delete. 
Phone number with +65. Ignore.

I also ignore +65 or + any number. But sometimes +65 is legit. No choice.

I ignore all call numbers not on my phone list unless I expect a call from someone or some party. Even those without any + can be scam calls.

(31-12-2021, 01:06 PM)Talent Wrote:  yes if can happen to ocbc
can happen to other banks

Yes of course. Nothing to do with the bank. These are phishing sites that grab your passwords n ID.

Best to use mobile app or type in web address yourself.

(31-12-2021, 12:22 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Whole thing is very simple 

1. Victim receive messages to go to certain link to check their accounts.

2. When they click on link it is identical to OCBC site asking for account password and OTP.

3. With this 3 things the can go in and do transfers to other accounts.

the fake link will not send OTP to your phone.
without OTP from OCBC, you cannot log in to your OCBC account.

how did the scammer get OTP to login to OCBC account ?

(31-12-2021, 01:31 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Yes of course. Nothing to do with the bank. These are phishing sites that grab your passwords n ID.

Best to use mobile app or type in web address yourself.

how did they get OTP which is sent to your phone ?

(31-12-2021, 01:29 PM)RichDad Wrote:  I also ignore +65 or + any number. But sometimes +65 is legit. No choice.

I ignore all call numbers not on my phone list unless I expect a call from someone or some party. Even those without any + can be scam calls.

I have legit calls with +65 as well. But the caller will follow up with a WhatsApp if genuine.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

Mirror page. Log in using HP by the HP owner.

(31-12-2021, 01:57 PM)forum456 Wrote:  how did they get OTP which is sent to your phone ?

The scammers' fake page will prompt the victim to enter OTP several times to "reset" the account. The scammers use this OTP to initiate funds transfer in the background.

(31-12-2021, 01:55 PM)forum456 Wrote:  the fake link will not send OTP to your phone.

They use your log in detail  to trigger an OTP on the real site while you are still on their site

You are tricked into keying in the OTP on their site ...they capture this and use it to transfer $%

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(31-12-2021, 02:22 PM)theold Wrote:  Mirror page. Log in using HP by the HP owner.

Don't know  how to use a mirror to do that. Can explain how to do?.... Thinking

Carl Jung

(31-12-2021, 01:57 PM)forum456 Wrote:  how did they get OTP which is sent to your phone ?

I think they got a script that go to the real ocbc website and key in your particulars, then the real website will send otp to the user. User then blur blur key in otp on phishing site and they grab that and key into real website.

Like theold mention, yes, mirror site.

Can be done.

Scam is a lot nowaday and warning notices.. dangerous.

These are the risks that caused many folks from going paperless.... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

India got tons of scammers who are very experienced.

Every year they scam billions of dollars from DF Americans!

(31-12-2021, 01:55 PM)forum456 Wrote:  the fake link will not send OTP to your phone.

exactly
how come so easy

so if employed here
easily these scammers can fetch 150k salary

(31-12-2021, 02:28 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Don't know  how to use a mirror to do that. Can explain how to do?.... Thinking

Eg. Likely someone access the bank website. They need a few items. The actual person needs to key in the details(ID, name, password, and OTP). They send you a link. Once this actual person keys in the details, that someone now has access to that website. The actual person is no longer needed.