if the gov don't allow coe balloting, only the rich can afford to buy a car

https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/o...dding.html

the current coe bidding system will only make owning a car a dream for the middle class

the middle class are swing voters

keekeekee

Workers of the world, unite!

The rich don't bother COE.

S$140,949,315.00 from selling pieces of paper vs middle class switching votes in ge2025

keekeekee

the worst is the taxes collected from private vechicle taxes like coe, road tax, omv, gst are not used to subsidise public transport like mrt and buses.

it make sense to channel taxes to make public transport free for singaporeans excluding pr and foreigners so we will be issued ezlink card to use mrt and bus for free.

then the gov can charge S$1m for coe stinkies also don't care.

keekeekee

the gov already allow ballot for temples to bid for state land as they can no longer afford to buy land for religious use except for mega churches.

if the gov does nothing only mosque and churches will thrive as the gov allocate land for mosque and churches are super rich to bid up land prices.

keekeekee

Aiyah! Only 61% do not know

The COE system was designed for the rich

Just like the CPF system was designed for PAP, not us.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Cars have to be controlled otherwise we end up like Malaysia where the situation is just horrible. If the Malaysian givt has any brains they would implement COE to.improve the situation jn their country

[Image: OOTFq7C.jpg]

Car is an avoidable cost
Nobody holds a gun to your head to buy a car
Most people who buy cats don't really need it

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

if public transportation is free for stinkies.

the gov can charge a higher price for pr and foreigners for public transportation.

the gov can make more money as more than half of the workforce are pr and foreigners.

keekeekee

the ballot allows all singaporeans to have an opportunity to own a car for at least 10 years in our lifetime.

it doesn't increase the number of cars on the road.

the gov set aside 20% of coe for singaporeans using ballot.

once you win a ballot, you used up the chance and you cannot ballot again.

keekeekee

actually i prefer free public transportations for stinkies.

i don't know why people buy cars when public transportations is cheaper and faster.

keekeekee

This is a very simpur issue that can be solved

PAP has ulterior motives, that's why it becomes complicated

They lost sight of the aim and objective and decided to make it into tax revenues which then becomes opaque as the distribution of this revenues can be massaged accordingly

VTO!!!

they could have banned cigarettes and gambling but they choose to tax it instead so the health & social problem continues while the gov get free money to ruin stinkie's health and destroy our family.

plastic bag should also be banned but the irony is the hospital and ecommerce uses the most plastic bag and nothing is done to reduce its usage in both.

ecommerce bags cannot be used to throw rubbish and should be banned.

hospital actually last time they reuse by using alcohol & heat to sterilise.

keekeekee

Just vote iswaran out.

(21-06-2023, 06:25 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Just vote iswaran out.

Big bonus for him lah… Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Just imagine one day when fish is like cars. Govt jacked up the price of fish because they want to control the number of fish around. They will tell you, cannot afford fish you can eat chicken. Only the rich can eat fish.

(21-06-2023, 05:18 PM)uncle168 Wrote:  the worst is the taxes collected from private vechicle taxes like coe, road tax, omv, gst are not used to subsidise public transport like mrt and buses.

it make sense to channel taxes to make public transport free for singaporeans excluding pr and foreigners so we will be issued ezlink card to use mrt and bus for free.

then the gov can charge S$1m for coe stinkies also don't care.

keekeekee
Better be more then a HDB 3rm, 4rm and 5rm BTO apartment. Singapore Boleh. Clapping

(21-06-2023, 05:38 PM)uncle168 Wrote:  actually i prefer free public transportations for stinkies.

i don't know why people buy cars when public transportations is cheaper and faster.

keekeekee
Also not Cheap, not cheap anymore. crying

(21-06-2023, 05:09 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  The rich don't bother COE.

Yupe what's 100k to them … make it 200k …. spare change to the real rich

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(21-06-2023, 05:22 PM)Ola Wrote:  Aiyah! Only 61% do not know

The COE system was designed for the rich

Just like the CPF system was designed for PAP, not us.

So it's ok, super rich subsidised our transport infrastructure. They usually buy a few super car costings 4-5millions per car .. 100-150k CEO wet wet water.
Best part, they buy only drive 1 time or 2 times at most per year.

ABSD for them up 60% …. so what. 

Only pretend to be rich KPKB COE

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

https://www.singstat.gov.sg › - › media › files › publications › cop2020 › sr2 › findings2.pdf
Singapore Department of Statistics | Census of Population 2020 ...
In 2020, there were 1.37 million resident households, up from 1.15 million in 2010.

www.channelnewsasia.com › singapore › car-sale-coe-prices-premiums-driving-covid-19-pandemic-2295731
The Big Read: More people buying cars amid pandemic, even as those who ...
8 Nov 2021Over the course of the pandemic, the car population (excluding private hire cars and taxis) had risen by almost 4 per cent at the start of last year to about 577,000 by the end of September this...

It is around 42 percent of the household having vehicle be it new, old or weekend car.
many can "afford" . Struggle or not is not govt problem.

(21-06-2023, 09:15 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Yupe what's 100k to them … make it 200k …. spare change to the real rich

Saw news few months back when High end luxury car and others COE shoot up,
they interview one buyer a show room looking at supercar , he claim don't matter , what matter is when he got the car.

The rich don't bother how much tactically speaking. They MORE bother when the car I order , buy come. I want fast.

(21-06-2023, 09:18 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  So it's ok, super rich subsidised our transport infrastructure. They usually buy a few super car costings 4-5millions per car .. 100-150k CEO wet wet water.
Best part, they buy only drive 1 time or 2 times at most per year.

ABSD for them up 60% …. so what. 

Only pretend to be rich KPKB COE

No rah , they are rich. Still got what " super car club " You see the what Millienial walk there. That pub there is Supercar owners hang out place. I guess the pub owner also a super car fan own super car for sure.

They also do what road trip to malaysia etc , sometime for " charity "

and Minister got appear too attend.