Saudis say US sought 1 month delay of OPEC+ production cuts to just before elections

By JON GAMBRELL
today

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Saudi Arabia said Thursday that the U.S. had urged the kingdom to postpone a decision by OPEC and its allies — including Russia — to cut oil production by a month. Such a delay could have helped reduce the risk of a spike in gas prices ahead of the U.S. midterm elections next month.

The ministry’s statement confirmed a Wall Street Journal article this week that also said the U.S. sought to delay the OPEC+ production cut until just before the midterm elections. The Journal quoted unnamed Saudi officials as describing the move as a political gambit by Biden ahead of the vote.

On Tuesday, Biden warned of repercussions for Saudi Arabia over the OPEC+ decision.

“There’s going to be some consequences for what they’ve done, with Russia,” Biden said. “I’m not going to get into what I’d consider and what I have in mind. But there will be — there will be consequences.”

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrain...3328b55418

When he says there will be consequences, he really means it. Look at the broken oil pipelines. He also said there will be consequences beforehand.

(13-10-2022, 08:30 PM)theold Wrote:  When he says there will be consequences, he really means it. Look at the broken oil pipelines. He also said there will be consequences beforehand.

Yup. US will act. Unfortunately, my worst case scenario of the US being the planetary dictator is coming to fruition. Going to be tough times for the rest of the world.