learn to eat homecooked food instead to save $$$

this is one such simple dish.

[Image: British-Style-Beans-on-Toast-07-3443634e...3b0cbf.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like fishbuff's post

(03-02-2023, 10:15 AM)fishbuff Wrote:  this is one such simple dish.

Cooking is not really difficult.  You only need to know the recipe and technique. 

The first time, you may not get it quite right but with practice, you will cook like a HOTEL CHEF.

The mothers of a bygone era cooked well because they cooked practically every day of the year, and for years.  The same goes for the jhk who cooks cai png.

It's a shame that people are eating "steamboat" for CNY reunion dinner because...............they don't blardy know how to fooking cook! Shame on the chabors of this generation. Shame! Shame! Pui!

aiya ppl eat steamboat or magi mee can aso trigger you off ah? yr family and you never eat them before?

(03-02-2023, 10:27 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  aiya ppl eat steamboat or magi mee can aso trigger you off ah? yr family and you never eat them before?

I don't see why it is wrong to eat steamboat during Chinese New Year's eve.......................... Laughing

(03-02-2023, 10:30 AM)debono Wrote:  I don't see why it is wrong to eat steamboat during Chinese New Year's eve.......................... Laughing
Obnoxious old farts are like that. .....   Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(03-02-2023, 10:23 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Cooking is not really difficult.  You only need to know the recipe and technique. 

The first time, you may not get it quite right but with practice, you will cook like a HOTEL CHEF.

The mothers of a bygone era cooked well because they cooked practically every day of the year, and for years.  The same goes for the jhk who cooks cai png.

It's a shame that people are eating "steamboat" for CNY reunion dinner because...............they don't blardy know how to fooking cook!  Shame on the chabors of this generation.  Shame!  Shame!  Pui!

me shame on your ignorance.
eating steamboat is a Chinese tradition, nothing to do with know how to cook anot.

(03-02-2023, 10:30 AM)debono Wrote:  I don't see why it is wrong to eat steamboat during Chinese New Year's eve.......................... Laughing

It is wrong on all levels, but not wrong to those who are eating it, like you.  Rolleyes

(03-02-2023, 10:45 AM)8ighty8 Wrote:  me shame on your ignorance.
eating steamboat is a Chinese tradition, nothing to do with know how to cook anot.

Chinese tradition????

I guess you are another one who ate meat ball, fish ball cooked in a pot of water for your CNY.  I will not say "Shame".  I'd say "Pitiful!"

(03-02-2023, 10:38 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Obnoxious old farts are like that. .....   Rolleyes

You too?  Fish ball, pork ball cooked in a pot of water and instant noodles for CNY? 

Bow your head in shame.

You should see what the Malays and Indians eat for their festive seasons.  Far better.  It's a FEAST!  

And you eat fishballs and meat balls cooked in boiling water.  OMG!   Rotfl

(03-02-2023, 10:23 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Cooking is not really difficult.  You only need to know the recipe and technique. 

It's a shame that people are eating "steamboat" for CNY reunion dinner because...............they don't blardy know how to fooking cook!  Shame on the chabors of this generation.  Shame!  Shame!  Pui!

Eating steamboat for CNY is a tradition passed down from our forefathers who came from China. Weather is cold in China so eat steamboat. Nothing wrong wat.

can imagine while yr family members are eating steamboat happily and you just sit there like a stone, staring at the foods with disgust. and suddenly 破口大骂,why eat this junk food on cny eve? you lazy or duno how to cook?

(03-02-2023, 10:57 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  can imagine while yr family members are eating steamboat happily and you just sit there like a stone, staring at the foods with disgust. and suddenly 破口大骂,why eat this junk food on cny eve? you lazy or duno how to cook?

Eating steamboat during Chinese New Year is about family bonding, a time to sit around and chit chat and reminisce on good old days....................... Laughing nudie

(03-02-2023, 10:54 AM)winbig Wrote:  Eating steamboat for CNY is a tradition passed down from our forefathers who came from China. Weather is cold in China so eat steamboat. Nothing wrong wat.

Please do not say "Our forefathers".

Mine passed down the tradition of cooking and eating dishes with auspicious names.

We certainly did not eat fish balls, meat balls cooked in a pot of boiling water for CNY reunion dinner.

Stop making excuses and being defensive.

You buggers eat that BECAUSE  you don't know how to fooking cook.  It's been that way, eating "steamboat" for over two decades until you buggers think it is a Chinese tradition.  Lol!

But it was NOT that way with our forefathers (except yours).  The mothers of a generation gone by would buy a live chicken from the market and even knew how to slaughter it, and cook it just right.  Very tender.  Ask the chabors of today to do that...and see what they say.. Rolleyes

(03-02-2023, 11:05 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Please do not say "Our forefathers".

Mine passed down the tradition of cooking and eating dishes with auspicious names.

We certainly did not eat fish balls, meat balls cooked in a pot of boiling water for CNY reunion dinner.

You buggers eat that BECAUSE  you don't know how to fooking cook.  It's been that way, eating "steamboat" for over two decades until you buggers think it is a Chinese tradition.  Lol!

But it was NOT that way with our forefathers (except yours).  The mothers of a generation gone by would buy a live chicken from the market and even knew how to slaughter it, and cook it just right.  Very tender.  Ask the chabors of today to do that...and see what they say.. Rolleyes

You know...frozen chicken...the meat is tasteless.  You need to season it to mask the tastelessness.  Rub salt to toughen up the meat which has gone soft.

One level better than that is chicken slaughtered at 4 am and delivered to the market or supermarket...but with the latter, you might be sold yesterday's chicken parts.

The freshest is chicken slaughtered on the spot and cooked.   It's really like the difference between fish which is dead for several hours and sold in the market, and live fish from a tank, slaughtered and cooked on the spot.  

Quite obvious that several of you here don't understand what I am saying.  Worse yet, you have LOST Chinese culture for all that it is worth. Shame on all of you man.

U slaughter a live chicken, the animal protection group will sue u Laughing

(03-02-2023, 11:12 AM)winbig Wrote:  U slaughter a live chicken, the animal protection group will sue u Laughing
Our mothers do it all the time........................ Laughing

(03-02-2023, 11:12 AM)winbig Wrote:  U slaughter a live chicken, the animal protection group will sue u Laughing

So what should we do? Slaughter a dead chicken?   Rolleyes

(03-02-2023, 11:16 AM)debono Wrote:  Our mothers do it all the time........................ Laughing

And throw the chicken parts in a pot of boiling water together with the fish ball and meat ball?  Steamboat?  Rolleyes

(03-02-2023, 11:16 AM)debono Wrote:  Our mothers do it all the time........................ Laughing

Your mother's time don't have this kind of animal protection group mah. Laughing

ah hua must be a jhk living in a jh kampong where he can find live chickens to slaughter

Bake beans on a pc of bread is call cooking?
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

(03-02-2023, 10:49 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Chinese tradition????

I guess you are another one who ate meat ball, fish ball cooked in a pot of water for your CNY.  I will not say "Shame".  I'd say "Pitiful!"

obviously you are a farking kekleng or mixed blood born out of wed or pump and dump kia.

(03-02-2023, 11:41 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  ah hua must be a jhk living in a jh kampong where he can find live chickens to slaughter
This farking goat flower is not  华人 as he said the other day. Think he is practicing a different kind of tradition which he called Chinese tradition and at the same time he is not of Chinese race or descendent. ..... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(03-02-2023, 10:15 AM)fishbuff Wrote:  this is one such simple dish.

Last time I have an Australian housemate, he only cooked this or steak with baked potato.

(03-02-2023, 12:55 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  This farking goat flower is not  华人 as he said the other day. Think he is practicing a different kind of tradition which he called Chinese tradition and at the same time he is not of Chinese race or descendent. ..... Big Grin

cud be those "high ses" pananakans like jink ho jiat, always very critical of others
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

He will catch the live chicken in the park. Next time if you read or watch news about a man being detained by npark employee, this man must be OYK.
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

Lao ah pek talk so long for what?

(03-02-2023, 02:23 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Lao ah pek talk so long for what?

If you don't mind, this thread is about human food.  Not dog food.  You are at the wrong place.   Rolleyes

(03-02-2023, 11:53 AM)8ighty8 Wrote:  obviously you are a farking kekleng or mixed blood born out of wed or pump and dump kia.

Kehleng?

I don't eat nasi briyani for CNY.

When you think that steamboat is true Chinese food passed down for generations to celebrate Spring Festival, it really goes to show that your roots are not in China.  So it is highly suspect if you are the kehleng kia instead.  Rolleyes

(03-02-2023, 12:55 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  This farking goat flower is not  华人 as he said the other day. Think he is practicing a different kind of tradition which he called Chinese tradition and at the same time he is not of Chinese race or descendent. ..... Big Grin

Show everybody the post which you claim I said I was not a 华人.  Rolleyes