they would be too poor to afford it

when lee sian long 'ascend' to the throne
the first thing he did was to increase his salary to millions of dollars
he havent done ANYTHING for the pple or country
he did wat a self serving person would do...increase own salary
and argue that this will drecrease or prevent corruption
[+] 2 users Like singaporean1964's post

[Image: isetO2w.gif]

Lky earned $44K when the commoners were earning $50 a month.

Lky had never lived in an attap house in a kampung before. He lived in a bungalow in District 9 hor.

The furniture in his house may look old and unfashionable but that was how furniture were like in those days. Make no mistake, Lky couldn't have been livimg a deprived life.
[+] 2 users Like Oyk's post

(07-07-2023, 12:11 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  [Image: isetO2w.gif]

I would not post a picture of Chiam See Tong in his current state. I don't agree with his arguments but there is no reason to stoop so low to do that.  Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(07-07-2023, 12:15 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I would not post a picture of Chiam See Tong in his current state. I don't agree with his arguments but there is no reason to stoop so low to do that.  Rolleyes

cannot convince
then confuse
that is singapore politics

(07-07-2023, 12:15 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I would not post a picture of Chiam See Tong in his current state. I don't agree with his arguments but there is no reason to stoop so low to do that.  Rolleyes

So noble of you. Give you a like.

The Code of Conduct seems poorly written.

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/singap...mps-follow

[Image: photo-2023-07-07-12-47-30.jpg]

(07-07-2023, 01:00 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  The Code of Conduct seems poorly written.

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/singap...mps-follow

it is left for them to manipulate

why the people are left unconvinced is that there are information hiding (disinformation and misinformation) 
that why every one arguing like those kumgong 三姑六婆

singapore PAP media is rank 140th
what can you decipher from 140th (disinformation and misinformation) state

THAT IS THE POINT BEHIND ALL THE ARGUMENTS!
(disinformation and misinformation)

(07-07-2023, 12:43 PM)Obamao Wrote:  So noble of you. Give you a like.

这是我的原则。Monkeyface would know.  Rolleyes

Actually, we don't need to pay crazy paychecks for so call great doctors and lawyers to become politicians. We should leave the doctors, lawyers and professionals out in their field to do good for the society.

Our politicians are actually supported by a very well oiled and talented pool of civil service men and women who knows what is needed to be done for this country.
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

We also actually don't need such a big govt to run this place. Too many 2ICs around, too many Indian chiefs creating unnecessary red tapes to justify their own existence.
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(07-07-2023, 05:02 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Actually, we don't need to pay crazy paychecks for so call great doctors and lawyers to become politicians. We should leave the doctors, lawyers and professionals out in their field to do good for the society.

Our politicians are actually supported by a very well oiled and talented pool of civil service men and women who knows what is needed to be done for this country.

Politicians rice bowl is of power and unbreakable high salary
Can work till lau kok kok if no corruption is found

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(07-07-2023, 05:02 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Actually, we don't need to pay crazy paychecks for so call great doctors and lawyers to become politicians. We should leave the doctors, lawyers and professionals out in their field to do good for the society.

So you are ok with sending 成何体统 or Roy Ngerng or RK to world forums, and have them make speeches and take Q and A?

Actually, I am very curious who allowed

Shoot Blank Queen to sit & lay eggs for few years

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/no...ephine-teo

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(07-07-2023, 01:01 PM)Obamao Wrote:  [Image: photo-2023-07-07-12-47-30.jpg]

Snake inside the house is who?

Snake outside the house is who?

Who?

Who?

Who?

8Umbrella Umbrella

Partly agreed with you. The professionals should continue to do what they do best in their field in either private or public sector. If and only if they have passion for serving the people, not only for the money, power and status, then they can be recruited. Simply paying high salaries to attract "talent" can back fire because this is not the private sector.

But good politicians are still needed to articulate policies and look out for the common people's interests. They can help shape policies and they are the commanders, planners at the top. Civil servants are the executioners or foot soldiers that carry out these policies.

Laws are made in parliament, not in civil service. Issue is getting the right people in and we don't need so many ministers as long there is a strong PM. Quality, not quantity. But pap want more to be ministers, mayors, etc, maybe as a motivation for the MPs. They need the numbers.

AGREE.

PAP wants to make those high flyers look stupid and under - utilised as Ministers. 

Who would be so dumb to vote for Edwin Tong as a Minister

when he only yak about Football, B&W Bungalow market rental . .  etc??

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

人心不足蛇吞象

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.