Lim Chong Yah is concerned about Spore’s widening income gap

Quote:My old friend, Professor Lim Chong Yah, has passed away at the ripe old age of 91. We became friends when he was the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and I was the Dean of the Faculty of Law. We supported each other in meetings of the University Senate . Chong Yah had made an enormous contribution to Singapore as an economist, as a teacher and the chairman, for 29 years,  of our national wages council. I have described him as an economist with conscience. He was as concerned about economic growth as he was about the fair distribution of prosperity. He was offended by the growing gap between our top earners and those at the bottom of our pyramid. Those at the top are being paid too much and those at the bottom are being paid too little. Economists like to say that the  inequality in income is due to the market. This is a fallacy. Free market economies like Japan, Switzerland and the Nordic countries have a fairer distribution of wealth than Singapore. Professor Lim Chong Yah was right to call our attention to the growing inequality of income and wealth in Singapore. It was very courageous of him to do so. He lost many friends when he did so. Many people attacked him. As no one came to his defence, I decided to write an oped defending him in the Straits Times on 3 November 2012.

- Tommy Koh's facebook

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/-1-000-minimum...g-yah.html

Greedy PAP is protecting the Rich " that include themselves PM, Ministers, what Mayors , MPs "

In fact I do remember Lawrence wong talk about taxing the rich , it indirectly like " they cannot tax too much on the rich wait investors , rich foreigners will not come SG invest etc "

EPIC they claim GST is to help the poor and needy whereby they claim " the well to do ones spend a lot = thus contribute more GST " which I don't feel is correct. The well to do ones also shop for cheap stuffs depend their needs. Is not tactically speaking every day they go fine resturants eat , every day come clothings , etc buy luxury brands. Of course they buy and spend a lot but is not always.

come taxing on the rich, why so many rich people come SG buy properties yet so call " increase the property taxes " is just for show.
the Overall taxing on the ultra rich to rich are not say tactically a lot than USA , China etc countries out there.

Lim Swee Say said that LCY's wage shock therapy is very risky.

https://ifonlysingaporeans.blogspot.com/...s.html?m=1
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(09-07-2023, 05:43 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Lim Swee Say said that LCY's wage shock therapy is very risky.

https://ifonlysingaporeans.blogspot.com/...s.html?m=1

This fellow now is SERIOUSLY REALLY RETIRE RICH.

Whereas We all really SEE ONLY our CPF feel so rich which he used to say " See my CPF feel so rich "

In his set of proposals he titled “Shock Therapy II”, Lim also again pressed for a three-year freeze on the country’s highest salaries

----------------------------

Without Lim CY, there will not be Progressive Wage Model

That PAP likely used his idea and claim under Union Achievement

Only useless Jac Lau praise PAP like an idiotic moron

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers?