Lim Tean to testify as disciplinary tribunal hears case again over $30,000 cheque

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...000-cheque

Sorry I read the article do not understand what Ljm Tean did wrong.

1. He did not steal any money....

2. The was an arrangement between him and the person that if the money came in it would be used to pay Lim Tean fees and to pay the client's creditor. My guess is the client had not money to pay for legal services until he received his compensation...so instructed Lim Tean to use his compensation to pay for legal service. To do this Lim Tean has to cash the cheque into his firm's account.

3. Lim Tean did not take a cent of what was not rightfully his.

4. Client is not interested in pursuing the matter

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(01-04-2024, 10:41 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Sorry I read  the article do not understand what Ljm Tean did wrong.

1. He did not steal any money....

2. The was an arrangement between him and the person that if the money came in it would be used to pay Lim Tean fees  and to pay the client's creditor. My guess is the client had not money to pay for legal services until he received his compensation...so instructed Lim Tean to use his compensation to pay for legal service. To do this Lim Tean has to cash the cheque into his firm's account.

3. Lim Tean did not take a cent of what was not rightfully his.

4. Client is not interested in pursuing the matter
Because his Client "lodged" a complaint and the matter has to be taken. Unless the client comes out and said just joking only, case closed.