notebk battery no more working need to remove it ?

not intending to buy a new battery,just power by ac,need to remove the spoilt baterry or just leave it there?

Recycle it

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Galilo_l's post

(08-02-2022, 07:00 PM)talky Wrote:  not intending to buy a new battery,just power by ac,need to remove the spoilt baterry or just leave it there?

Laptop battery not expensive. You can try to buy from Shopee Malaysia.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

See the brand and model number…

This is one of the examples.

[Image: B2-EF9-D1-C-3946-413-E-977-E-E729873-B37-AA.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

My home notebook battery not working. I replaced the entire notebook Laughing

Heheh no lah not so wasteful. I just bought a new one for standby Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(08-02-2022, 07:13 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  My home notebook battery not working.  I replaced the entire notebook Laughing

Heheh no lah not so wasteful.  I just bought a new one for standby Big Grin

My old dell laptop battery also spoilt. I bought 1 from Shopee Malaysia. About $20++ nia. Now can last at least 3hrs. Spoilt battery less than 20mins become battery flat. Cannot charge to 100%.

(08-02-2022, 07:16 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  My old dell laptop battery also spoilt. I bought 1 from Shopee Malaysia. About $20++ nia. Now can last at least 3hrs. Spoilt battery less than 20mins become battery flat. Cannot charge to 100%.

Mine is a HP Envy.  Cannot be without a/c else straightaway shutdown. 0% battery left.  Totally drained.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

mine also battery flat
how to use external battery to boot up

The battery can also catch fire. Read about the woodland case, don't know true a not.

(08-02-2022, 07:27 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Mine is a HP Envy.  Cannot be without a/c else straightaway shutdown. 0% battery left.  Totally drained.

My Hp pavilion battery rosak . Replacement >$50. Bought battery but haven't  change yet because need to use screwdriver to disassemble and I scared make a mess of it.

(08-02-2022, 08:32 PM)theold Wrote:  The battery can also catch fire. Read about the woodland case, don't know true a not.

It is likely to happen, cos some batteries don't have cut-off of electrical supply, therefore it can become very hot and catch fire.......
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(08-02-2022, 08:36 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  My Hp pavilion battery rosak . Replacement >$50. Bought battery but haven't  change yet because need to use screwdriver to disassemble and I scared make a mess of it.

I backed up everything already.  But still on a/c and I'm kinda wary of changing to a new unknown battery cos I tend to leave the a/c and battery on overnight.

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(08-02-2022, 08:46 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I backed up everything already.  But still on a/c and I'm kinda wary of changing to a new unknown battery cos I tend to leave the a/c and battery on overnight.

Stupiak HP models tends to spoil easily. The battery installation oso beri leceh because must pull apart other components unlike last time Compaq [oso from HP} just pull out and slot in.
[+] 1 user Likes luncheonmeat's post

(08-02-2022, 09:10 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Stupiak HP models tends to spoil easily. The battery installation oso beri leceh because must pull apart other components unlike last time Compaq [oso from HP} just pull out and slot in.
It could be a marketing tactic.

Don't throw away the laptop battery. The batteries inside are still very good. Can dismantle the casing to get the cylindrical batteries
I usually buy empty power bank casing online, very cheap, usually less than 1 SGD, and put the batteries inside as a portable power bank

https://shopee.sg/5600mAh-2X-18650-USB-P...57709e0441

For flat laptop batteries, you need to know some electronics staff to make use of it. E.g. I have hacked the RC car to make sure of the flat battery.
[+] 1 user Likes maxchong2898's post

(08-02-2022, 09:17 PM)maxchong2898 Wrote:  Don't throw away the laptop battery. The batteries inside are still very good. Can dismantle the casing to get the cylindrical batteries
I usually buy empty power bank casing online, very cheap, usually less than 1 SGD, and put the batteries inside as a portable power bank

https://shopee.sg/5600mAh-2X-18650-USB-P...57709e0441

For flat laptop batteries, you need to know some electronics staff to make use of it. E.g. I have hacked the RC car to make sure of the flat battery.

The problem is the laptop battery casing is very difficult to tear open. Later cut your finger, it will be not so nice.
I won’t take the risk.

Some laptop batteries are actually using 18650 batteries. It can be replaced or re-energied the battery.

https://youtu.be/ZnA1zXRxz1M

(08-02-2022, 08:36 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  My Hp pavilion battery rosak . Replacement >$50. Bought battery but haven't  change yet because need to use screwdriver to disassemble and I scared make a mess of it.

Ha ha, same thought. After dismantling most likely I can't assemble back.... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(08-02-2022, 09:10 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Stupiak HP models tends to spoil easily. The battery installation oso beri leceh because must pull apart other components unlike last time Compaq [oso from HP} just pull out and slot in.
Dunno why they make the new laptops and notebooks batteries very difficult to change. Those old versions very easy.

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung