open letter to OYK.....

23/08/2021

On 16 Aug 2021, I sent Minister Ong a link to a video which I felt had useful information on Covid-19.

Quote:Two days later, he replied "Advise you to access news from credible sources, so that you can better understand the benefits of the vaccines."
6 hours later, I responded with a two-page letter.

It has been 5 days and still no response has been received, which I optimistically perceive as a good sign that it is still being digested.

Regardless, I feel it appropriate to share my letter with some friends in a bid to shed more light on this contentious topic.

In case this letter goes beyond my circle of friends, who know me well enough, please understand that the first paragraph was needed to quickly establish credentials and assuage the Minister's concern that I was falling for falsehoods from non-credible sources.

Below is the letter in reproduced in full, without edits.

==================================================================

Dear Minister Sir.

Thank you for your reply. I am a retired analyst who left the industry shortly after being rated the top Asian Strategist for small caps, an area where distinguishing fact from fiction is most critical. Before that, I led one of Singapore's top research teams, and delivered a 72 page report (Mar 2002) outlining the challenges that lay ahead for our country as a parting gift before leaving for the pan-Asian position. I believe Minister Tharman (MoF at the time) circulated this report through the entire Ministry and would also like to think that some policy decisions have been influenced by this work. Therefore, I would like to believe that my experience has honed my ability to sift truth from the current world of information overload, and drive towards clear actionable conclusions.

Please allow me to share three observations.

More at https://tinyurl.com/2z7erhve