Easiest and fastest way to send money to China

Any limits when sending?

DBS remittance. Cheapest fastest but don't ever make a mistake

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Bank transfer is very fast. There are others much faster though, sometimes can be just one second hahaha.

Usually no limit (or the limit is ver big) but China side got restrictions, about usd50k or something like that.

Ignore List: Oyk
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

Can use WeChat Pay?
Can we register for WeChat Pay? 
How about Alipay?

(05-11-2023, 01:44 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  DBS remittance. Cheapest fastest but don't ever make a mistake

DBS remittance is not the fastest. It's actually not fast at all. Neither is it the cheapest.

(05-11-2023, 07:07 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Can use WeChat Pay?
Can we register for WeChat Pay? 
How about Alipay?

You can now link your credit cards in wechat.

Smile
Bank of China

Safe and surely other side will have the money credit and can withdrawn.

(05-11-2023, 07:24 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You can now link your credit cards in wechat.

I see, but then credit cards is for purchases with online stores or companies, but not for transferring money to an individual, right? I'm not saying there is a 3.4% fee, but it cannot be done for individuals p2p transfer, am I right?

(05-11-2023, 08:58 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  I see, but then credit cards is for purchases with online stores or companies, but not for transferring money to an individual, right? I'm not saying there is a 3.4% fee, but it cannot be done for individuals p2p transfer, am I right?

Yep, linking credit cards in wechat is only for buying things.

If you want to transfer money, is your recipient using wechat or alipay (they must be linked to bank account)? If they are, then often the remittance can be completed within seconds, sometimes even 1 sec, meaning, the moment you do the transfer, the other side will receive instantly. This one you must use the fintech companies as I believe the banks dun send to wechat or alipay accounts.

If recipient is not using wechat ot alipay to receive the money, then the transfer by banks usually takes more than a few hours.

DBS is not the best in terms of rate. The Chinese banks have better rates. Or you can go to one of those fintech companies. Most of them are quite ok. Some people go to the remittance shops at people's park because the rates are much much better but recently there have been many cases of the recipients' accounts being frozen, cos the money transferred to them is from dubious sources.  So my advice is dun go to them. 

Either go to the banks or the fintech companies. Fintech companies offer better rates and fastest speed but the banks offer the best assurance that your money will be legally transferred.

(05-11-2023, 09:23 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Yep, linking credit cards in wechat is only for buying things.

If you want to transfer money, is your recipient using wechat or alipay (they must be linked to bank account)? If they are, then often the remittance can be completed within seconds, sometimes even 1 sec, meaning, the moment you do the transfer, the other side will receive instantly. This one you must use the fintech companies as I believe the banks dun send to wechat or alipay accounts.

If recipient is not using wechat ot alipay to receive the money, then the transfer by banks usually takes more than a few hours.

DBS is not the best in terms of rate. The Chinese banks have better rates. Or you can go to one of those fintech companies. Most of them are quite ok. Some people go to the remittance shops at people's park because the rates are much much better but recently there have been many cases of the recipients' accounts being frozen, cos the money transferred to them is from dubious sources.  So my advice is dun go to them. 

Either go to the banks or the fintech companies. Fintech companies offer better rates and fastest speed but the banks offer the best assurance that your money will be legally transferred.

Can I link my WeChat Pay to a SG bank like DBS?

The recipient over in China has WeChat PAy, Alipay, and all sorts of I dun know what, but I have WeChat, only I do not know if it allows me to link to my SG Bank.

I can't use Paypal, as Paypal I think not available to China

I can use DBS Remit, I think, but it will normally take a few hours to a day. I looking for quick transfer to the recipient and the amount is not huge either

(06-11-2023, 12:41 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Can I link my WeChat Pay to a SG bank like DBS?

The recipient over in China has WeChat PAy, Alipay, and all sorts of I dun know what, but I have WeChat, only I do not know if it allows me to link to my SG Bank.

I can't use Paypal, as Paypal I think not available to China

I can use DBS Remit, I think, but it will normally take a few hours to a day. I looking for quick transfer to the recipient and the amount is not huge either

Dun think can link wechat pay to sg bank. If can, then people would not have used remittance service liao. Or if you dun mind the 3% fee then you can top up your wallet using credit card. You can find out how to top up here - https://sleekflow.io/en-sg/blog/wechat-p...-singapore. Then you can easily transfer money from wechat to wechat, and that is instant transaction. 

If amount is not huge, then just use DBS remittance cos you won't suffer much loss anyway. But if you're looking for very fast transfer then just sign up for one of those fintech companies like I mentioned. The transfer is usually very vey fast and the rate is better, but the downside is you've to pay an admin fee, usually about $10 or thereabouts. 

You can do a google search for one of these trusted fintech companies, if not you can PM me for it. I can recommend you some but dunwan to do it openly as it may be miscontrued by others as advertising.

I remember when I was in a pinch to send some cash over there, and boy, did I hit a wall with the traditional methods. It felt like there were limits and restrictions at every turn, making the process feel like an uphill battle.But then, I stumbled upon international payments, and let me tell you, it was a game-changer. The speed and ease of use were like a breath of fresh air. Plus, the limits were much more accommodating, which was a huge relief.So if you're still on the lookout for a smoother way to send money to China, I'd definitely recommend giving international payments a try.