Redstar Dimsum restaurant is still in operation

(28-02-2022, 04:58 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You haven't given us the name of the place.

It is not a dim sum place. Coffee shop selling chicken rice.

(28-02-2022, 10:21 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Ha! My mother was only asking about this 2 weeks ago. But not sure if need to make appointment or not.

Anyway, their quality only so so. I only go there because of nostalgia for the place.

When you go there at night, the stage will light up. Then you can go to the dance floor and dance to old Shanghai music and lighting.

(28-02-2022, 04:40 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I ate many times at Teochew Paradise at Vivo. Although it's Teochew but the dimsum is very good. The Imperial Treasure Fine Teochew Cuisine at Guoco Tower also good but this one quite expensive. I didn't eat much but it's about $50 per person.

For reasonably priced one is Tim Ho Wan, but variety not so much. My wife likes the dimsum at nosignboard and regularly eats there. She said it's cheaper than Teochew Paradise though the quality is slightly worse off.

Another one is 黑社会. This one used to be very good but I think quality dropped liao.
I simply written of THW cos when they first opened at JE, it tasted crap with very bad oil smell.

OK will go try the rest, scully I have taken before but forgotten. Anyone tried the dim sum place at Chinatown, the one where you have to go to the second floor of the 2 storey building.

(28-02-2022, 06:54 PM)Sticw Wrote:  I simply written of THW cos when they first opened at JE, it tasted crap with very bad oil smell.

OK will go try the rest, scully I have taken before but forgotten. Anyone tried the dim sum place at Chinatown, the one where you have to go to the second floor of the 2 storey building.

You're referring to Yum Cha? I find the quality so so only. They served me with cold egg tarts Sad

(28-02-2022, 07:13 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You're referring to Yum Cha? I find the quality so so only. They served me with cold egg tarts Sad

Yes yes, more than a decade ago I visited and their siew mai was really good. The har gao also not that bad... Time flies... Soon I don't even have time to regret. Lol

If only I could have done much better...

Life indeed is short and I definitely got nothing to show for... Can't even guarantee well-being of my own family. I hate to be a loser that I am. How I wish I get some Divine help.

(28-02-2022, 07:30 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Yes yes, more than a decade ago I visited and their siew mai was really good. The har gao also not that bad... Time flies... Soon I don't even have time to regret. Lol

If only I could have done much better...

Life indeed is short and I definitely got nothing to show for... Can't even guarantee well-being of my own family. I hate to be a loser that I am. How I wish I get some Divine help.

You sounded pessimistic.... Are you ok?

(28-02-2022, 10:18 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  You sounded pessimistic.... Are you ok?

Thank you. Personally think not very OK.. but I'm also at my wits end. That's why need divine intervention..