should PMETs be better protected from retrenchment

News analysis: In view of tech sector’s layoffs, should PMETs be better protected from retrenchment?
https://tdy.sg/3I1aJqD

Before tech sector already PMET is getting laid off in other industries. Most are in taxi or now phv drivers
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(25-12-2022, 12:25 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  News analysis: In view of tech sector’s layoffs, should PMETs be better protected from retrenchment?

PMETs will not be protected unless PAP loses another GRC.

there is no urgency for PAP to do anything unless another GRC is in trouble.
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

Heng arh! I am not the 61% Naive like Jac Lau

PAP themselves over- issued EP for past 12 years

making citizens jobless and then force them to be

become taxi- drivers, Security Guards. . . .etc

This is the only simple logical ISO due diligence

to check their over- issuance mistakes

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(25-12-2022, 12:57 PM)forum456 Wrote:  PMETs will not be protected unless PAP loses another GRC.

Only if the PAP loses more GRCs will they take the loss of jobs for PMETs seriously in the next GE........... Angry
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(25-12-2022, 01:10 PM)Ola Wrote:  Heng arh! I am not the 61% Naive like Jac Lau

PAP themselves over- issued EP for past 12 years

making citizens jobless and then force them to be

become taxi- drivers, Security Guards. . . .etc

This is the only simple logical ISO due diligence

to check their over- issuance mistakes
Angry Angry Angry

Last time NS oldbird teach me Hokkien phrase. Tan tui tan ah, tan hor yee cui cui. Translate to hammer hammer ah, hammer until they (lightning strike) into pieces. Yes we so anti already back then and we swore to hammer them into pieces but they cunning wily fox give so many citizenship to foreigners to boost their numbers so despicable. But our unwavering resolve is there till the day we die. Hammer them into pieces
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

sg is going to be like canada too. 😭😱
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

I think no need to ;protect' these useless PMETs

if they are productive
the boss dont need to retrench them

if they are productive
the boss wont dare to replace them with cheasper

many these managers are quite useless
they like their lpwer staff to call them 'boss'
when in reality they are just workers
they like to come up with funny funny office rules that dont help the company

take away their job and they are more uselss than a neggar
at least a beggar can still beg for food
they cant...

(25-12-2022, 05:07 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  I think no need to ;protect' these useless PMETs

if they are productive

if they are productive

they cant...

Meta just close down the whole Department

regardless if they are good or bad performance

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(25-12-2022, 05:07 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  I think no need to ;protect' these useless PMETs

if they are productive

if they are productive

they cant...
I take it that you don't have a good impression of managers here............ Laughing Gesti-109
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(25-12-2022, 06:20 PM)debono Wrote:  I take it that you don't have a good impression of managers here............ Laughing Gesti-109

if they are really good
they wont be afraid
they can innovate
using their creativity and experience..if any
most have none
they can re-invent
but becos
most are just stale meat
and cannot innovate and re-invent
they only know how to complain and blame

some kind if protection is needed especially when there are many startup comming in. any how employed with high salary. then find no need already jsut fire. that create a lot of problem for the employee involved. fire hire as needed is also used a tool not to pay bonus while paying a lot of bonus to themselves. like declare 6 months bonus but only 20-30 percent of work force can get it as they force a turn around of the rest of work force within a short period of time. too short employment no bonus. these employer create spike and uncertainty in the work force. got to take note take not take note. lloking for jobs also take note of the workforce turn over. if too bad they may be very very bad employer

(25-12-2022, 07:28 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  if they are really good
they wont be afraid
they can innovate
using their creativity and experience..if any
most have none
they can re-invent
but becos
most are just stale meat
and cannot innovate and re-invent
they only know how to complain and blame

How many people are successful in re- inventing and innovating

to lead the Biz in SG? 

How many have conquered the 99% biz outside SG? 

So far only Thumb Drive that died, Hyflux but kena sued . . .

(25-12-2022, 12:57 PM)forum456 Wrote:  PMETs will not be protected unless PAP loses another GRC.

already lost 2 grc any improvement ?

must loss at least 4 grc then will see better days ahead for struggling stpidporeans
[+] 2 users Like talky's post

They were protected, there's a policy in companies including government linked, to protect certain individual from getting fired, as mentioned before Singaporeans manager was threatened and banged table at by his own you know which country foreign talent, he complained to hr, guess what hr do? Doing their best for being useless, they informed his managers, 1 indian 1 American, who told him this foreign talent with thick accent cannot be touched, so he kept quiet, also become the most useless man, Singaporean are weak
To end the story with another climax, the foreign talent got promoted, the Singaporean resigned
This is a classic example can be used for school teacging material for future generation, stop being useless after serving 2 years military, the best you can do is getting bullied, hr peoples and polocy and their decisions made have to be heavily scrutinised too

Singapore already has this culture of hire and fire for donkey years. Why suddenly talk about protecting these pmet after some ceca were being retrenched recently?
When the first batch of ceca was imported to replace the local, not a single cent of retrenchment benefit were given to the local.
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

(25-12-2022, 12:28 PM)sgh Wrote:  Before tech sector already PMET is getting laid off in other industries. Most are in taxi or now phv drivers

How to service their over 2 mio mortgage loan?

The end is near .

(26-12-2022, 06:43 AM)talky Wrote:  already lost 2 grc any improvement ?

must loss at least 4 grc then will see better days ahead for struggling stpidporeans

Lost in their dreams over past 40 years and still sleeping..

(25-12-2022, 08:07 PM)Ola Wrote:  How many people are successful in re- inventing and innovating

to lead the Biz in SG? 

How many have conquered the 99% biz outside SG? 

So far only Thumb Drive that died, Hyflux but kena sued . . .

Hyflux, Olivia Lum nearly succeed

(26-12-2022, 08:46 AM)Scythian Wrote:  How to service their over 2 mio mortgage loan?

The end is near .

I met a taxi driver wearing business shirt and pants and he told me layoff cannot get for many months so switch to driving taxi. He share he need to sell off his condo and own car (he driving comfort) and rent a 4 room flat and slowly pay back the loan owned. Also kids still studying so not a pretty sight. He advised me when you can earn don't splurge becuz you never know when your next fat paycheck is coming in unlike previous times

(25-12-2022, 12:25 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  News analysis: In view of tech sector’s layoffs, should PMETs be better protected from retrenchment?

not..................at..................all...................majority of these educated people vote for PAP anyway................maybe they WANNA lose their jobs.................since Sinkies are the world's most UN-happiest with their jobs............. Cool