THE WAY OF THE NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY

THE WAY OF THE NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY 
Narcissism isn’t the same as confidence. True confidence reflects admirable strength of character. The narcissist’s confidence is really arrogance—a character flaw leading to grandiose ideas and the relentless pursuit of the narcissist’s desires, often at others’ expense. Some grandiose ideas can be good for society. Look at the advances that came from Edison's vision of a world powered by electricity and Kennedy's mission to land on the moon, to name just two. Walt Disney, too, had a grandiose idea: a “magical” place for children and adults to enjoy themselves— which would become Disneyland, Disney World, and Epcot. The narcissist’s grandiosity is entirely different. Consider Jim Jones, whose vision for Jonestown in Guyana was to create a place where people would pay tribute to him as a supreme individual. The price of admission? Your life savings and your free will. You also had to be willing to kill your own children and yourself by drinking cyanide-laced Kool-Aid along with more than 900 other followers.2 In the first instance, a grandiose idea leads to a place where we can fulfill our dreams. In the other, our worst dreams are fulfilled. The difference isn’t one of ideas but of personality type and character flaws. One seeks happiness for all. The other seeks adoration and happiness only for himself. This is why I want to

warn you about the defining traits of this dangerous personality.

Overvalues Self, Devalues Others

Because they see themselves as special and unique, narcissistic personalities tend to see everyone else as either marginal or inferior. They become masters at putting others down in order to elevate themselves—they are the bullies of the world. That’s how businesswoman and hotelier Leona Helmsley got the moniker “the Queen of Mean.”4 But she wasn’t just mean. She was by all accounts a bully toward anyone she deemed below her—no different from the kind of bullying we see today in schools. If bullying seems to be on the rise and the consequences of bullying (absenteeism, depression, anxiety, suicide) are becoming ever more dramatic and extreme, it is no accident. Many clinicians are of the opinion that as narcissism has increased in the general population, so has bullying, which is a common characteristic of the narcissistic personality.5 It seems persistent bullying and narcissism go hand in hand. These days, the narcissistic personality doesn’t even have to be with you to bring you down. On September 9, 2013, 12-year-old Rebecca Sedwick jumped to her death from an abandoned cement plant in Polk County, Florida, allegedly as a result of being tormented online (cyberbullied).6 This is what can happen when people consistently overvalue themselves and devalue others—a common narcissistic trait. Narcissistic personalities have an uncanny ability to identify weakness or insecurity in others and use it to put others down or make themselves look better. It may be something as subtle as noticing your new watch and then calling attention to their much more expensive one. At a cookout, they’ll say things like “No steaks; only hamburgers?” loudly enough for all your guests to hear. They don’t care how you feel; they thrive by belittling others. They are the kind who, sensing someone’s nervousness before giving a speech, would say, “It must be tough to follow a great speaker—I wouldn’t want to be in your shoes.” I know, because this happened to me right before speaking to a group in New Orleans. Sometimes, these personalities betray their true nature by berating their spouses or children in public, at social occasions, or at kids’ sporting events. If this is what they do in public, imagine what they do at home when outsiders aren’t looking. Or they’ll make contemptuous comments with caustic indifference about how stupid or incompetent somebody is. They’ll bark commands at a passing waiter for service and then turn to you with a smile as if nothing happened. At an event I attended years ago in Las Vegas, a speaker screamed at the hotel staff in front of about 150 attendees, “I didn’t come all this way to look like a fool—fix

it!” when the microphone stopped working. Everyone’s jaw dropped. Such behaviors should serve as telltale clues to all who see or receive such treatment that they are in the presence of a narcissistic personality.

10-Point Narcissist Checklist – Is There One In Your Life?
If you think you may have a narcissist in your life – whether a family member,
romantic partner, friend, colleague, or some other relation – here is a 10-point
checklist to help you identify them:
1. It’s all me me me – a narcissist’s favorite topic of conversation is
themselves.
2. They’re always right – a narcissist truly believes they are right, even when
they are wrong.
3. They’re control freaks – when was the last time you made any important
decisions whatsoever?
4. You’ve lost friends and family – one of the narcissist’s favorite tactics is
to isolate a victim in order to better control them.
5. It’s a coin toss between anger and affection – you never know which you’ll
be faced with as a narcissist can swing from one to the other very quickly.
6. You are having a hard time recognizing what did and didn’t happen – a
narcissist will ‘gaslight’ you by flat out lying and distorting events.
7. Actions don’t live up to words – narcissists will often say one thing and do
another. They over-promise and under-deliver on almost everything.
8. Hissy fits follow rejection or criticism – how dare you stand up to them?
They’ll react in such a way as to put you off doing anything like that
again!
9. You suck, and so does everybody else – a narcissist will constantly put
others down in order to make themselves feel good.
10.It’s not my fault – narcissists are virtually incapable of accepting
responsibility for anything bad that happens (after all, they are always
right, remember?)

So farny. It describes Jac Lau= Fart King so well

1. It’s all me me me – a narcissist’s favorite topic of conversation is
themselves.

His CPF.

His lunch.

His Fake Antiques

His 5 Room HDB.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

https://surveyheart.com/form/63953b7ab58fe522f7744d96
To score your inventory, add up the total:
10-16 = The person is cooperative.
17-23 = The person is argumentative.
24-30 = The person is a narcissist.