5. buy at the valley
Photo 

(23-10-2021, 06:49 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  his method actually works

1. use a 200day moving average on a chart
2. if uptrend(ma must be below price bars
3. use a macd histogram
4. wait for the macd mountain to become valley
5. buy at the valley

If works because we are in a bull market and many things work.

A simple breakout system works.
Buy in low RSI when stock above 50 day MA works.
Close your eyes to buy one of these uptrending stocks after a market correction also works - Propnex, Frenken, ..etc.

In a bull market you just need to make sure you participate.

After the bull market all these simple tactics are useless ....for the above market method you cited is just a simple long term trend it works because it gets you in eveytime there is a correction the market bounces up. This is same as "buying the dip".

The method fails when the bull market is over ...you buy on the dip and market goes lower.

It also fails when market becomes volatile you buy the dip, market goes lower forcing you to cut loss...then market reverses at a lower level

Making money during a bull market is a given so long as you stay in a stock that is participating in bull...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

1. Look for a stock who'se price is above 200MA
2. Wait for the stock to have a dip.
3. Buy when to get dip is over as it indicated by MACD chart where blue line cuts the red line upwards.
4. Cut loss if it dip 5% against you.
5. Take profit when MACD charts blue line cuts red downwards.

[Image: GJnlVZR.jpg]

Yes you can make $$$ so long as bull market is on and stock recovers from correction ...but method is inferior as you go in and out of the stock incurring commissions ...a few times you will be stopped out by cut loss.

But if you are in a bull market forget about trading in and out just buy the uptrending stock as early as possible ....hold until the bull is over ....as indicated by the 200MA turning down. You will make more money this way.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.