trisha lost all her 68K sgd savings to OCBC phising scam

Now you see it now you don't.. crying
Is this the result of over reliance on 'FT' IT talent?

This is call IT world. New Age. At the click of a button our banks accounts can be emptied. Very scary. I think better go back to cheque book payment.

say n say also no use.
some will just be conned.
hey common
then conman eat what?

(10-01-2022, 07:07 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Luckily, I couldn’t  login to my OCBC account, so I am safe from scammers. Rotfl
Good Job OCBC.
I hv clicked on the link. My acc w OCBC is $20. Scammer saw also won't want to waste effort.

(10-01-2022, 12:13 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  This is call IT world.  New Age. At the click of a button our banks accounts can be emptied. Very scary. I think better go back to cheque book payment.

It is not at the click of a button lah. You need to key in your id and password n otp.

Clicking to view the website is harmless.

Anything unknown not sure, dun kan Keong spider and follow instruction. Call the official bank/organisation number to verify

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(10-01-2022, 12:50 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Anything unknown not sure, dun kan Keong spider and follow instruction. Call the official bank/organisation number to verify

You have given a good advice......

(10-01-2022, 12:54 PM)debono Wrote:  You have given a good advice......

Thank you sir

Angmo no such problems? 
They spent what they earn 
Bank account no meat.

(10-01-2022, 01:01 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Angmo no such problems? 
They spent what they earn 
Bank account no meat.

not only no meat … bone also dun have and they still owe  nudie

(10-01-2022, 01:04 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  not only no meat … bone also dun have and they still owe  nudie

Ang moh lived on credit, everything they buy or eat use credit card......

(10-01-2022, 07:14 AM)Sticw Wrote:  Why would ocbc allow digital banking unlimited transfer of funds? So far we heard 68k, 80k, 120k, 250k... If daily ATM is 3k and going to the bank they will question big amount transfer or withdrawal, why internet banking no limit? Isn't the limit for inter bank transfer at 10k and across accounts within same bank at 20k?

Why then the bank cannot stop suspicious transfer and why is the bank not liable for the losses??

this is a very good question. Plus its overseas transfer.
Seems like SG wants to go into digital smart nation, yet do not want to take responsibilities.

(10-01-2022, 07:14 AM)Sticw Wrote:  Why would ocbc allow digital banking unlimited transfer of funds? So far we heard 68k, 80k, 120k, 250k... If daily ATM is 3k and going to the bank they will question big amount transfer or withdrawal, why internet banking no limit? Isn't the limit for inter bank transfer at 10k and across accounts within same bank at 20k?

Why then the bank cannot stop suspicious transfer and why is the bank not liable for the losses??
Acct holders can set their trf limits criteria in their internet banking application.  As scams are so rampant these days, they shd hv done it to be on the safer side.  Otherwise, follow safety protocols by not clicking any dubious link that hv been sent via sms.

(10-01-2022, 01:16 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Acct holders can set their trf limits criteria in their internet banking application.  As scams are so rampant these days, they shd hv done it to be on the safer side.  Otherwise, follow safety protocols by not clicking any dubious link that hv been sent via sms.
If scammer got hold of your account, they can up the limit etc.

But the key thing about IT security is that if abnormalities occur such as suddenly add foreigner bank account, surely the bank don't just sms... And if there is a request to send huge amount and never done before, then bank has to call the account holder rite?

Like that putting in bank is as good as lending to a drug addict lah.

(10-01-2022, 01:28 PM)Sticw Wrote:  If scammer got hold of your account, they can up the limit etc.

But the key thing about IT security is that if abnormalities occur such as suddenly add foreigner bank account, surely the bank don't just sms... And if there is a request to send huge amount and never done before, then bank has to call the account holder rite?

That is a nice and appropriate way to put it.....

(10-01-2022, 01:28 PM)Sticw Wrote:  If scammer got hold of your account, they  an up the limit etc.

I agrees.  Banks shd always be vigilant and alert customers if they tracked any irregularities going on in their accounts.  But, as there is a disclaimer clause, banks can always deny responsibilities.

(10-01-2022, 12:45 PM)RichDad Wrote:  It is not at the click of a button lah. You need to key in your id and password n otp.

Clicking to view the website is harmless.

One click to a fictitious website that look alike to the original will lead the unwary customer to proceed further to key in their id and password n otp.  It amazing that Trish lost her savings to OCBC phising scam.

(11-01-2022, 10:42 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  One click to a fictitious website that look alike to the original will lead the unwary customer to proceed further to key in their id and password n otp.  It amazing that Trish lost her savings to OCBC phising scam.

Use OCBC QR code to sign in. DBS uses your phone 2FA. 
Many companies uses SingPass QR code scanning. I stop using ID/PW sign in liow.

(11-01-2022, 10:47 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Use OCBC QR code to sign in. DBS uses your phone 2FA. 
Many companies uses SingPass QR code scanning. I stop using ID/PW sign in liow.

I stop using Internet banking liow ever since receiving notificationfrom DBS that they hv deactivated my Internet banking account due to several suspicious attempts to access my accounts. Now I only do my transaction at banks Atm.

(11-01-2022, 10:58 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  I stop using Internet banking liow ever since receiving notificationfrom DBS that they hv deactivated my Internet banking account due to several suspicious attempts to access my accounts. Now I only do my transaction at banks Atm.

I prefer digital as it gives lots of convenience and I am comfortable with the added security requirements/needs as I being doing that in office. So its nothing new for me.

(11-01-2022, 10:58 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  I stop using Internet banking liow ever since receiving notificationfrom DBS that they hv deactivated my Internet banking account due to several suspicious attempts to access my accounts. Now I only do my transaction at banks Atm.

Digital banking is very convenient for payment of bills, online shopping and many other conveniences. Should not stop using completely. What you can do is do your own security by opening just one account with a bank for digital banking purposes. Then the rest of your money you can deposit into other banks. Just keep a small amount in your internet banking account for monthly expenses say $20K. Even if scammed you dun suffer heart breaking losses. Must keep up with technology...... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

OCBC SHOULD PAY HER BACK AT LEAST HALF
the bank security was flawed

"Why then the bank cannot stop suspicious transfer and why is the bank not liable for the losses??"  

To this point above only, do you know of other cases, for example, of mother who was told of her son was caught and held at a place and asked her to go to the bank to withdraw money. The mother went to the bank with an accomplice. She withdrew money and passed to the accomplice in the bank.  

There are just too many ways. Not all the time the fault of the bank.