Alibaba Group Holding Ltd 88.60 HKD

Alibaba Group Holding Ltd

88.60 HKD

Investors have to prepare for potential downside as China consumers show weakness.

Those not prepared to hold out should sell as path ahead will be a challenge.

This is not to say the stock is heading down but will be volatile.

The upside depends very much govt actions to stimulate the economy and state of the economy.

Expect numbers to be poor
and potential housing market and banking problems.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Target price HK$ 19

(18-08-2022, 05:08 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  What I am saying is this - if Alibaba's unreported investment losses at the present moment were to be divided and spread over the next 8 quarters

The net income would be reduced by 2/3 assuming Alibaba's net income will be around US$3B a quarter

That means net income a quarter after absorbing present investment losses divided over the next 8 quarters will be about US$1B a quarter

Assuming no change to present PE ratio, the fair value of Alibaba's shares is around 1/3 what it trading at now

Get is sgbuffett?

Alibaba to a lesser extent than Tencent has investment holdings in many companies. The value of these have fallen with the market and discounted in Alibaba stock price. Tencent adjust for such losses this quarter and last quarter but investors already know that these have fallen and are more concerned about its operating income. 
Ant group valuation fell from 270B to 70B after restructuring.

Alibaba stock price weakness is linked to the fall in consumer confidence. The Chinese economy is getting weaker and will see challenges in coming months.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

all these moronic comie dogs here & their brainless supporters here!
so alibaba at 89, sibei strong?
down from 300 to 89, blue chips? my foot!
same as tencent, down from 800 to 302, great company?
dont talk about evergrande & ll the property developers shares!
all these dogs here, as long as china, smlj also great!! all rotten instead!! LOL LOL!
also all their pea brain supporters, do the right, rational & wise thing, no racist, no anything!!
all these dogs here lies 7/24 because of their supporters stupidity!!

(18-08-2022, 05:25 PM)kokee Wrote:  all these moronic comie dogs here & their brainless supporters here!
so alibaba at 89, sibei strong?
down from 300 to 89, blue chips? my foot!
same as tencent, down from 800 to 302, great company?
dont talk about evergrande & ll the property developers shares!
all these dogs here, as long as china, smlj also great!! all rotten instead!! LOL LOL!
also all their pea brain supporters, do the right, rational & wise thing, no racist, no anything!!
all these dogs here lies 7/24 because of their supporters stupidity!!

these comie dogs here are so desperate & panic, why!! LOL LOL!

(18-08-2022, 05:29 PM)kokee Wrote:  these comie dogs here are so desperate & panic, why!! LOL LOL!

Bankrupt loser kokee howling jealous 
Kokee the scumbags 

Who let the slave kokee out woof woof woof woof woof woof 

https://media.tenor.com/LcFYG_b5UEwAAAAM...ne-dog.gif https://media.tenor.com/C5-TQBIY714AAAAM...tamins.gif 
Kokee go take medication 

National scum Shameless bankrupt Pitiful jealous kokee howling scare panic

I think better let this wave of political instability blow over first. The selling seems to be lead by Softbank. Alibaba has a lot of subsidiaries which includes https://www.alibaba.com/. The physical size is big though the valuation loses to Amazon. Trading from Singapore, I don't believe in long term. Difficult to fight with big fishes.

(18-08-2022, 05:40 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Do you just follow some self proclaimed guru or master or Buffett's 98 years old side kick Charlie Munger who bought Alibaba like a senile old fcuk?

Or perhaps see fortune teller and depend on luck like sgbuffett

Munger is an outstanding intellect plse do not insult this good man over one stock investment.

Whether alibaba goes up or Sinks to zero, great investors have both winning and losing investments. 

The richest investor in the world Warren Buffet made many mistakes and has many losses and many multi baggers that initially go down 30: or 70%. Yet he is the richest man in the world.

I think not Alibaba but many more going down.

These decoupling, de-dollarization and increase in interest rates will bring down some companies.

(18-08-2022, 06:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Munger is an outstanding intellect plse do not insult this good man over one stock investment.

Whether alibaba goes up or Sinks to zero, great investors have both winning and losing investments. 

The richest investor in the world Warren Buffet made many mistakes and has many losses and many multi baggers that initially go down 30: or 70%. Yet he is the richest man in the world.

He benefited on None halal $$$$ la .. Ang mo kept printing… of coz he will Huaaaaat big tio bo ?!!! Don’t believe Ang mo stop printing and seee his company able Huaaaaat bo ?!!! 

Frustrated