I went to eat kway chap ...and this is what happened...

After isolating myself for months I decided to go downstairs to eat  Favorite kway chap stall still open same price $4. 

Yes same price but shape of ingredients plate changed from oval to round...at least 30% smaller. After eat kway chap I still need to eat a char siew pow to satify my hunger 

Sadly, in the few months I stay at home and cook my own food once I step out the world is no longer same price anymore.

[Image: vOV26Av.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(26-03-2022, 01:48 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  After isolating myself for months I decided to go downstairs to eat  Favorite kway chap stall still open same price $4. 

Yes same price but shape of ingredients plate changed from oval to round...at least 30% smaller. After eat kway chap I still need to eat a char siew pow to satify my hunger 

Sadly, in the few months I stay at home and cook my own food once I step out the world is no longer same price anymore.

[Image: vOV26Av.jpg]

This is $2.50 portion

eat at hong lim

good big portion

i ate for lunch and pack back bal for dinner

noh peh (200)mile lah.........having made killings in stocks.

(26-03-2022, 01:48 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  After isolating myself for months I decided to go downstairs to eat  Favorite kway chap stall still open same price $4. 

Not PAP's fault. Blame US for causing this with its sanctions........ Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Inflation  folk , no more cheap stuff..

People are funny, pay stock com no complain, but 50c more KPKB..

(26-03-2022, 01:51 PM)dynamite Wrote:  This is $2.50 portion

These days nay impossible to get $2.50 for a decent meal. 
Unless your residential area has an altruistic hawker who is prepared to earn less.

(26-03-2022, 03:20 PM)hansamu Wrote:  These days nay impossible to get $2.50 for a decent meal. 
Unless your residential area has an altruistic hawker who is prepared to earn less.
Cook at home is best way to save money.

Raw chicken is $7...I use my sous vide cook into mechellin standard I can eat for 5 meals....pulse veggies and fruits around $2.25 per meal.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

got money to pay got probem.

Later $4 also cannot make it.

Next time ask the hawker to give everything more but keep it at the same price. Some guilty conscious, understandable or kind hearted hawkers will do so without asking you to pay more.

Very simple, just open mouth and talk only. If they Don give more, at least it is worth a try

reading this i think its not abt the kway chap.
i happened to eat kway chap too at amk ave 10 near mums place which cost me 4.50 just pig skin few fish cake and pork.
instead, its your few mths living as a hermit like you'd said which intrigues me.
why? and the logic. can share?

(26-03-2022, 07:02 PM)menghuii Wrote:  reading this i think its not abt the kway chap.
i happened to eat kway chap too at amk ave 10 near mums place which cost me 4.50 just pig skin few fish cake and pork.
instead, its your few mths living as a hermit like you'd said which intrigues me.
why? and the logic. can share?

It's to reduce risk of contracting covid.

(26-03-2022, 07:17 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It's to reduce risk of contracting covid.

thats it?
dont do this.
of course your life is not mine to decide
but avoidance if still persists from here
is not living but existing only unless you prefer the latter..