which brand of aircon mitsubishi or daikin in reliability ?

daikin is more expensive system 3 cost >4.5k
mitsubishi ard 4k

So far both of good brand

Mitsu starmex system 3 with piping. $3500. Really good.

Daikin aircon is cooler but will have water drainage choking issue due to growing of “jelly” inside the drainage tray/pipe. Mainly due to split unit aircons nowaday are designed to close the fan coil cover after switching off.

My Current split unit Aircon is Mitsubishi heavy industry. I didnt know it has heater function when I purchased it. The price was no much different compared to normal split unit aircons. It shd be called 空调机 not 冷气机。I can actually do sauna at home.

Within the first year, one of the fan coil motors started to have rubbing sound. Luckily it was still under warranty at that time. Can replace the part for free. After that it never gives me any more problem till now after using for 7 years.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(27-05-2022, 08:35 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Mitsu starmex system 3 with piping. $3500. Really good.

My old Mitsu starmex gave me problem…
Noisy compressor fan and Thermostat uplorry.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

any bad experience buying aircon gain city which claims to be the largest air con retailer in spore

(27-05-2022, 08:47 PM)talky Wrote:  any bad experience buying aircon gain city which claims to be the largest air con retailer in spore

The salesman is very good at brainwashing you. So far I dont have bad experience buying aircon at gaincity. I just closed my ear.

(27-05-2022, 08:40 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  My old Mitsu starmex gave me problem…
Noisy compressor fan and Thermostat uplorry.

Yah lah, got lifespan. Must get new

(27-05-2022, 08:50 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Yah lah, got lifespan. Must get new

Less than 3 years already given me problem.

what is the difference between yhe new gas R32 N OLD GAS 410 
SYSTEM RUNS ON R32 GAS COST MORE.

[Image: Midea-system-2.jpg]

(28-05-2022, 12:40 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  [Image: Midea-system-2.jpg]
midea is made in china?

(28-05-2022, 12:52 PM)talky Wrote:  midea is made in china?

Yes this is made in China. My neighbour initially installed this but 2 weeks ago changed to Mitsubitshi.

tomorrow will be a better day

mitshubishi la....Buy liao you can watch Youtube how to clean yourself dont have to feed those JiuHukia airCon man

(28-05-2022, 12:52 PM)talky Wrote:  midea is made in china?

ALL the aircon brands here are made in China!  Tongue

(28-05-2022, 01:28 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  ALL the aircon brands here are made in China!  Tongue

but some are made in thailand

(27-05-2022, 07:44 PM)talky Wrote:  daikin is more expensive system 3 cost >4.5k
mitsubishi ard 4k

Mine is Samsung leh!

You need to do quarterly maintenance in order to make your air con lasts longer. I regularly service my aircon, after 7 years still working like new.

(28-05-2022, 02:28 PM)Tml7788 Wrote:  You need to do quarterly maintenance in order to make your air con lasts longer. I regularly service my aircon, after 7 years still working like new.

Just take out filter to wash and use a damn rag to wipe away dirt can liao! Make sure water flows freely from pipe into toilet sewage pipe lah!

(28-05-2022, 02:32 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Just take out filter to wash and use a damn rag to wipe away dirt can liao! Make sure water flows freely from pipe into toilet sewage pipe lah!

mitsubishi is eay to clean,can stretch yr hand right inside,whereas daikin model ar not possible,so save on cleaning service to be paid to air con man

why is harvey norman gain city has no stock of mitsubishi n daikin aircon hv to wait till aug sept ard 3-4 mths
but best denki has stocks can install next wk but at least >300more.
another  well know aircon distributors has stocks of mitsubishi but no daikin.n is cheaper by ard 400
installation is a mth time

(28-05-2022, 02:32 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Just take out filter to wash and use a damn rag to wipe away dirt can liao! Make sure water flows freely from pipe into toilet sewage pipe lah!

This type of basic cleaning still not enough.

Every month, clean the air con filter.

Every 6 months, clean the fan coils and compressor coil.

Cleaning of Fan coil.
First switch off the aircon power, remove the fan coil cover, use paint brush to wipe off the layer of dust first on the fan coil itself. Then buy this kind of air con spray at DIY shop.Wait for 30 mins for each fan coil. Then pour
water into the fan coil using a small jar until you see the fan coil is thoroughly clean.
Finally, remove the bracket which cover the water drainage pipe. Disconnect the pipe if you dont have air blower which can suck up water to remove the white jelly or water inside the water drainage pipe. Use a hand pump and pump water into the water drainage pipe to flush out the jelly. You need to tape one end which connected to the water drainage pipe. Remember to place some rags on the floor.

Cleaning of compressor fan coil
First, switch off aircon power.
Use a paint brush to clean the compressor fan coil.
It is best to do it during rainy day. You can spray water into the compressor fan coil.

Pictures as attached.
Hand pump and aircon cleaner.
[Image: 0667013-A-6836-4856-A1-EC-E13-ECFCC8137.jpg]

[Image: 03-D78-B7-E-226-A-4562-AE3-C-B935-D4-E6-F2-F4.jpg]

(29-05-2022, 07:19 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  This type of basic cleaning still not enough.

Every month, clean the air con filter.

Every 6 months, clean the fan coils and compressor coil.

Cleaning of Fan coil.
First switch off the aircon power, remove the fan coil cover, use paint brush to wipe off the layer of dust first on the fan coil itself. Then buy this kind of air con spray at DIY shop.Wait for 30 mins for each fan coil. Then pour
water into the fan coil using a small jar until you see the fan coil is thoroughly clean.
Finally, remove the bracket which cover the water drainage pipe. Disconnect the pipe if you dont have air blower which can suck up water to remove the white jelly or water inside the water drainage pipe. Use a hand pump and pump water into the water drainage pipe to flush out the jelly. You need to tape one end which connected to the water drainage pipe. Remember to place some rags on the floor.

Cleaning of compressor fan coil
First, switch off aircon power.
Use a paint brush to clean the compressor fan coil.
It is best to do it during rainy day. You can spray water into the compressor fan coil.

Pictures as attached.
Hand pump and aircon cleaner.
[Image: 0667013-A-6836-4856-A1-EC-E13-ECFCC8137.jpg]

[Image: 03-D78-B7-E-226-A-4562-AE3-C-B935-D4-E6-F2-F4.jpg]

HOW CA U CLEAN THE COMPRESSOR COIL SPRAYING JETS OF WATER,IT IS INSTALL OUTSIDE THE WINDOW AT 20TH FLOOR.COMPLAINTS FR NEIGHBOURS  N PEDESTRAINS

Sounds so arduous really to have to clean the  air cons, not mentioning the high prices and electrical charges. 

Would be nice to have a new invention....a portable powerful aircon without the need to drain water and least maintenance. And one that does not consume high electricity. 

Current portable models cannot make it.

Hopefully it materialises very soon....don't mind to pay a slightly higher price for a new novelty.

its all abt luck
not all product even with same specs are equal
and not all quality checks are the same
if the product has a thousand parts n components
you can imgaine the luck you need to hv all of them passing the same quality examinations!
in other words a reliable manufacturer allowed goods to be sold if the products meet a certain range of quality level. but these are my experience with electrical devices.

i got a hitachi fridge ($2200)almost 30yrs ago had a breakdown after a few yrs but after replacing the chipboard it is still good till today. so i take that as the only the chipboard was poor in quality.

so is my aircon. i am still using my old carrier system 4 aircon ($2100) since i bot it almost 20yrs ago. condenser and fan were changed in btwn the yrs and 1 big capacitor. and it's still good and cold too. i know its not an inverter but i dont feel its consuming too much $$ so i m keeping it. so its condenser, a fan and 1 capacitor.

the other one is a portable aircon fujitec ($1100) after abt 4 yrs just b4 warranty expired it broke down and a capacitor was changed. its now in its 9th year and i must say i made my moneys worth n those many SG hazy days were helped by it.

so i count myself lucky.

My 13 years old split Sanyo Aircon still gg cold.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(29-05-2022, 09:19 AM)talky Wrote:  HOW CA U CLEAN THE COMPRESSOR COIL SPRAYING JETS OF WATER,IT IS INSTALL OUTSIDE THE WINDOW AT 20TH FLOOR.COMPLAINTS FR NEIGHBOURS  N PEDESTRAINS

I believe he is referring to wall mount fan coil portion, external condenser side need professional. 
Household not many do that cleaning, only commercial more common.

Mitsubishi maybe easier to maintain but parts more expensive and obsolete fast.
Dailkin part support is much longer.