write as u like...fall on deaf ears...too busy counting $$$

_From LTC ® Gerard Ong_

I hope our dear PM focuses on more important issues affecting Singaporeans rather than giving us a rundown of the achievements of his govt. We are all too familiar with how well the govt handled the pandemic, the war in Ukraine and its effect on  global supply chains.

Most of us are fully aware of the superpower rivalry in the Asia Pac and what will happen if war breaks out over the Taiwan issue or a sudden mishap in the South China Sea.

Please do not tell us about dark clouds ahead because many are already under a cloud of despair.  Not a great idea to tell us to work harder and be more productive as many are already holding two or more jobs to pay off mortgages, loans, curtailing spending and doing their best to survive.

Telling us to spend less and save like what he did some years back will cut no ice with many as the word saving is not in their vocabulary in view of spiralling costs of living in one of the world’s most expensive cities.

It would be great if he announces the deferment of the impending GST increase, more financial help for the middle and lower classes and the implementation of a living wage for all Singaporeans. That’s the kind of news which I am sure many of us will want to hear.

It looks like most countries on this planet have announced a reduction of GST, VAT and fuel taxes to help their citizens with inflation. We on the other hand are seeing a coming increase in GST.

This may bring little discomfort to the millionaires who are already here or those who will soon move here but I’ll be darned if the majority of Singaporeans will share the same sentiments.

The PAP govt has a track record of not backing down once a decision has been made. Their credo has always been to stay on course even if their decisions are unpopular come what may.

To this I say – times have changed, the world is no longer the way it used to be and we really do not know what tomorrow brings. My wish is for our PM to throw away the usual PAP script and do a course correction by removing the coming GST as a first step.
[+] 4 users Like Talent's post

Half colonels are the most bitter. Because their cep donch allow them to continue on as full colonels Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(22-08-2022, 04:32 PM)Talent Wrote:  _From LTC ® Gerard Ong_

I hope our dear PM focuses on more important issues affecting Singaporeans rather than giving us a rundown of the achievements of his govt. We are all too familiar with how well the govt handled the pandemic, the war in Ukraine and its effect on  global supply chains.

Most of us are fully aware of the superpower rivalry in the Asia Pac and what will happen if war breaks out over the Taiwan issue or a sudden mishap in the South China Sea.

Please do not tell us about dark clouds ahead because many are already under a cloud of despair.  Not a great idea to tell us to work harder and be more productive as many are already holding two or more jobs to pay off mortgages, loans, curtailing spending and doing their best to survive.

Telling us to spend less and save like what he did some years back will cut no ice with many as the word saving is not in their vocabulary in view of spiralling costs of living in one of the world’s most expensive cities.

It would be great if he announces the deferment of the impending GST increase, more financial help for the middle and lower classes and the implementation of a living wage for all Singaporeans. That’s the kind of news which I am sure many of us will want to hear.

It looks like most countries on this planet have announced a reduction of GST, VAT and fuel taxes to help their citizens with inflation. We on the other hand are seeing a coming increase in GST.

This may bring little discomfort to the millionaires who are already here or those who will soon move here but I’ll be darned if the majority of Singaporeans will share the same sentiments.

The PAP govt has a track record of not backing down once a decision has been made. Their credo has always been to stay on course even if their decisions are unpopular come what may.

To this I say – times have changed, the world is no longer the way it used to be and we really do not know what tomorrow brings. My wish is for our PM to throw away the usual PAP script and do a course correction by removing the coming GST as a first step.
Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up

Look here!

Parliament was never to address our concern.
It is used to whack Opposition.

Half- bake Manpower policies was never to address our Livelihood.
It is used to reach 6.9 M population.

PAP Ministers are never hired to help us.
It is to serve themselves.

PAP Mayors are overpaid not to retain them for junior job.
It is to be expensive Office Administrators.

Army Generals have reserved jobs not because they are the Best Fit.
It is to keep their FamiLee big.

[Image: Ministers-sleeping-2.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

He is giving G4 leaders chance to give out chicken wings mah!  Laughing

Aiyah Don't worry too much... Let China and Taiwan fight it out.. Singapore will benefit from it immensely

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

(23-08-2022, 01:13 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  Aiyah Don't worry too much... Let China and Taiwan fight it out.. Singapore will benefit from it immensely

Your abject stupigity is so alarmingly, it will take a head transplant to get the whole load of sheet off your head
[+] 2 users Like Sentinel's post

(23-08-2022, 01:31 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Your abject stupigity is so alarmingly, it will take a head transplant to get the whole load of sheet off your head

You Senile old fool, go and F...k ur daughter lah Rotfl

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

[+] 1 user Likes ROFLMAO's post

(23-08-2022, 02:37 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  You Senile old fool, go and F...k ur daughter lah Rotfl

For an old fark like you calling me senile, either you're FULL RETARD or NO BRAIN

Give me your daughter, I can make you a grandfather, you freaking MORON!
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(22-08-2022, 04:32 PM)Talent Wrote:  _From LTC ® Gerard Ong_

Well written lah!

(23-08-2022, 02:49 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  For an old fark like you calling me senile, either you're FULL RETARD or NO BRAIN

Give me your daughter, I can make you a grandfather, you freaking MORON!

LOL.. you got called out as a senile by many forumers here.. YOu F...k your daughter and you forgotten

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

(23-08-2022, 06:29 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  LOL.. you got called out as a senile by many forumers here.. YOu F...k your daughter and you forgotten
Your mother must hv dropped you multiple times when young

It seems you lacking the frontal lobe
since

Only an abject moron will believe that IAM senile

Tell me who say that and I will let your daughter fark my dog...ROFLMAO!!!

(23-08-2022, 06:35 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  I just fcuk my mother and daughter...!!!

Good job! Rotfl

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

(23-08-2022, 11:23 PM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  Good job! Rotfl
moron, changing quote, fabrication, 蠕虫小技

Does not change the fact my dog fark your daughter, your mother standby

YAWN!!

(24-08-2022, 12:08 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  moron, changing quote, fabrication, 蠕虫小技

Does not change the fact my dog fark my daughter, my mother standby

YAWN!!

Rotfl