SG Talk

Full Version: Competition Fierce! 180 Billion Spore-Msia High Speed Rail, Japan, China or Korea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16-08-2023, 02:43 PM)Rubitin Wrote: [ -> ]At $64B don want too expensive? now x 3folds.

Spore shall only pay 5% as we only have one station
(16-08-2023, 02:45 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Spore shall only pay 5% as we only have one station

This time round Malaysia wanted the HSR line to be built using the PPP model - that is private company will build, operate and own the line for a certain number of years, with minimal cost to the government (like building extensions to its sea ports and the ECRL). And I don't think a private company can afford $180B, even if it is in Ringgit. 

A good price reference will be the proposed Cambodian 382km 160km/h line costing US$4bln (I believe single track).
So a double track line with a higher speed of 220-250km/h (1.5 from JB to KL) should be less than US$12bln, which will be more viable for a private consortium running the line for eg 50 years (similar to Thailand EEC HSR line).

Cambodia plans over US$4bil high-speed rail linking capital with Thai border
https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/ase...hai-border
Quote:"The preliminary results showed that the 382-km rail line requires an investment capital of more than $4 billion, including electric locomotives and carriages, and the construction will take about four years to complete," the news release said.

This high-speed rail will have a width of 1.43m, with the speed of 160 km per hour, it said, adding that there will be a total of 33 stations and more than 300 overpasses along the route.
The high-speed rail will be mainly focused on passenger and freight services between Cambodia and Thailand as well as other countries in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean), the news release said.

If a stop is built at forest city, what will happen?