SG Talk

Full Version: With your help, this is the first time we can beat a PAP President
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With your help, this is the first time we can beat a PAP President.
Tan ku ku
Help you to destroy Singapore har.. Laughing
"You can fool all people some of the time and some people all the time. But you can never fool all people all the time. '"
I listened to the online broadcast of all three candidates. Each of them was given ten minutes.

Ng Kok Song is fluent and proficient in English. He can easily rival Tharman. His English is very good and he speaks in a familiar Singaporean accent which all of us can identify with. I said "accent", our Singaporean accent. I did not say he speaks with lah/man/what/meh/leh at the end of each sentence. Somehow, I did not like seeing an ah pek with hair all white, and I think he ought to have it dyed black. I know it's wrong to judge him by the colour of his hair, but that's me...

Tharman's English is also good but more on the elite side. It's common for Indians to speak English better than most Han Singaporeans right. Anyway, he had been an elite all his life being the son of an Emeritus Professor. Will race come into play to his advantage/disadvantage remains to be seen. Or are Singaporeans voting purely based on merit?

Tan Kin Lian's English....well, he had his grammar and syntax all correct but his pronunciation makes me wonder how he became Income boss huh? He really speaks like an Ah Beng! I believe he is not a bad guy, and I know I should not prejudge him because of the way he speaks.

As there is a Council of Presidential Advisors comprising peepur of wide sexperience and high education, the President himself does not really need to be a scholar. They will do the reading, digesting, analysing, thinking, and advise the President: can sign or cannot sign.

So for me, the most important thing for a president to have is image. He is the "FACE" of Singapore. Of course, he has to be at least sociable enough to mix around with foreign VVIPS and not be socially awkward, and have a reasonable breadth and depth of general knowledge, integrity, the usual nine yards.
(25-08-2023, 09:44 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]"You can fool all people some of the time and some people all the time. But you can never fool all people all the time. '"

Correct. 
This one obviously cannot fool Singaporean votes. 🙄 
Send in a better one next time. OK.
(25-08-2023, 09:38 AM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]Help you to destroy Singapore har.. Laughing

TKL was PAP branch secretary in Marine Parade.  Was with PAP for 30 years.  Left after a disagreement with their "values' whatever those were.

Ever since, he had been speaking out against them, and no one should doubt that he does not like PAP.  If there had been even one hint of any remaining love for PAP, I don't think Lim Tean would even want to associate with him.

My biggest worry is that if he becomes President, he will seek revenge by making life difficult for the ministers.  The 39% want him to do that, but will he actually go in and do that?  It will destroy Singapore if you give him six years to do that.
(25-08-2023, 09:38 AM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]Help you to destroy Singapore har.. Laughing

Singapore have a lot of capable leaders in Parliament

This is not an Atomic Bomb lah
(25-08-2023, 09:49 AM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]Correct. 

I always support the underdog
(25-08-2023, 09:55 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]TKL was PAP branch secretary in Marine Parade.  Was with PAP for 30 years.  Left after a disagreement with their "values' whatever those were.

Ever since, he had been speaking out against them, and no one should doubt that he does not like PAP.  If there had been even one hint of any remaining love for PAP, I don't think Lim Tean would even want to associate with him.

My biggest worry is that if he becomes President, he will seek revenge by making life difficult for the ministers.  The 39% want him to do that, but will he actually go in and do that?  It will destroy Singapore if you give him six years to do that.

He will use the 2nd key to bargain for power..happily.
Veto appointments whom he doesn't like. The scholarship type.. Laughing
(25-08-2023, 10:10 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]I always support the underdog

Too bad. You cannot vote. Just have wet dream lo..
(25-08-2023, 10:02 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Singapore have a lot of capable leaders in Parliament

This is not an Atomic Bomb lah

Not bomb but the King of Singapore. With 1 million votes, highest in government.
(25-08-2023, 10:11 AM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]He will use the 2nd key to bargain for power..happily.
Veto appointments whom he doesn't like. The scholarship type.. Laughing

He is so eager to grab the sec key 
He said lots of money in our reserve includes  billions 
Seems he is only interested what lies inside the vault 
Reduce ns n housing isn’t an
easy task as rest of ministers have to agree.
(25-08-2023, 09:55 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]TKL was PAP branch secretary in Marine Parade.  Was with PAP for 30 years.  Left after a disagreement with their "values' whatever those were.

No way he can destroy SG even if elected. There are so many safety mechanisms in place to block, veto, indict him if he plays punk.

If elected, he might be a constant thorn on the pap body, a pain in the ass maybe but nothing more.

If he can slap pap to wake them up, why not?

But seriously, I dont think he can win. So you dont need to worry lah... Haha
Adversely, we are destroying ourselves. Our future generations livelihoods are at stake. I wouldn’t want to se our future generations suffers while we are enjoying goodies at the present moment. All these goodies does not belong to any party. It belongs to every Singaporeans and our Nation.
(25-08-2023, 10:17 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]He is so eager to grab the sec key 
He said lots of money in our reserve includes  billions 
Seems he is only interested what lies inside the vault 
Reduce ns n housing isn’t an
easy task as rest of ministers have to agree.

He naively thinking the 2nd key, let will hold the Government to ransom, in compromising with his suggestion. 
Delay GST increase, Lower hdb bto price, NS 1 year, Early CPF withdrawa, all of the populist agendas. Then he will become the heroic King of Singapore.  Clapping

What a genius! Don't need political party, fighting in GE. Short cut to the highest office in Government.
(25-08-2023, 10:24 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]Adversely, we are destroying ourselves. Our future generations livelihoods are at stake. I wouldn’t want to se our future generations suffers while we are enjoying goodies at the present moment. All these goodies does not belong to any party. It belongs to every Singaporeans.

Yep.
That's why we need a President to safe guarding our Reserve. 
Not setting-up Government policy.

Don't destroy the Westminster Parliamentary system with PM as the head of government. 

Even the Queen of England does not involve in government policies making.
(25-08-2023, 10:31 AM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]Yep.
That's why we need a President to safe guarding our Reserve. 
Not setting-up Government policy.

Don't destroy the Westminster Parliamentary system with PM as the head of government. 

Even the Queen of England does not involve in government policies making.
To control the 2nd key is utmost importance. As TKL said, all government investments hv to be prudent and scrupulous. These hv to be kept in-check.  This includes CPF reserves too.
(25-08-2023, 10:36 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]To control the 2nd key is utmost importance. As TKL said, all government investments hv to be prudent and scrupulous. These hv to be kept in-check.  This includes CPF reserves too.

And the approval or veto of most Ministry Top Post.
He already spell out his own preference of candidate's qualifications and criteria. 

His speech hinting he can use whatever powers in hand to block and negotiate for compromise. 
That may hinder the efficiency of planning through his own discretion.
(25-08-2023, 10:27 AM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]He naively thinking the 2nd key, let will hold the Government to ransom, in compromising with his suggestion. 
Delay GST increase, Lower hdb bto price, NS 1 year, Early CPF withdrawa, all of the populist agendas. Then he will become the heroic King of Singapore.  Clapping

What a genius! Don't need political party, fighting in GE. Short cut to the highest office in Government.
I would rather choose nks to guide the reserves why need a weird tkl?
(25-08-2023, 10:49 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather choose nks to guide the reserves why need a weird tkl?

Yes me too.
At least his approach is more professional.

Unlike TKL, so naively scheming. Haiz, create more troubles than solution.
(25-08-2023, 10:56 AM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]Yes me too.
At least his approach is more professional.

Unlike TKL, so naively scheming. Haiz, create more troubles than solution.

So which of the 3 are you intending to cast your vote?lol
(25-08-2023, 10:23 AM)RichDad Wrote: [ -> ]No way he can destroy SG even if elected. There are so many safety mechanisms in place to block, veto, indict him if he plays punk.

If elected, he might be a constant thorn on the pap body, a pain in the ass maybe but nothing more.

If he can slap pap to wake them up, why not?

But seriously, I dont think he can win. So you dont need to worry lah... Haha

The voters today are different from those who made him lose his deposit 12 years ago.. ten year old girls who couldn't vote at that time are voting now. I don't think I am able to read their minds but I do know they grew up in affluence with a good life.

There are also many new citizens, which increased at the rate of 25K per annum, voting.

Meanwhile many Pioneers and Merdekas had died.
(25-08-2023, 09:18 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]With your help, this is the first time we can beat a PAP President.

Are u coming back to vote ??? Threatening
(25-08-2023, 11:27 AM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]Are u coming back to vote ???  Threatening

u jhk no right to ask others about voting in Sgp Laughing
(25-08-2023, 10:12 AM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]Too bad. You cannot vote. Just have wet dream lo..

Parliament so boring

Must have some fun
(25-08-2023, 11:27 AM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]Are u coming back to vote ???  Threatening

Already paid $780 Mel/sin/mel
(25-08-2023, 09:49 AM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]Correct. 

It's time to change

Already voted PAP over 50 years...it's enough
(25-08-2023, 11:30 AM)pervertosan Wrote: [ -> ]u jhk no right to ask others about voting in Sgp Laughing

I am voting. U are Msia traitor. I know Mahathir is yr idol Angry
(25-08-2023, 10:24 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]Adversely, we are destroying ourselves. Our future generations livelihoods are at stake. I wouldn’t want to se our future generations suffers while we are enjoying goodies at the present moment. All these goodies does not belong to any party. It belongs to every Singaporeans and our Nation.

What a lofty speech.  Big Grin
Pages: 1 2