SG Talk

Full Version: Covid19 crisis show S'pore society unlikely to stick together during war ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been observing the entire crisis and behavior of people throughout:

1. People are more or less self centered and preserve their own interests.

2. Our society is a divided one. Along many lines local foreigner. Rich and poor. 

3. There is a trust deficit. Even over simplest thing like masks, hawker center,  which vaccine ...there is no consensus.

4. People feel so long as it's someone else suffering and not themselves ...its okay.

Seeing how things unfold. ...I wonder what happens when there is a deeper crisis. For example some instability in region that can result in  fighting.

It is unlikely people  will stay once there is risk to their lives.
During peace time everyone say they love the country so deeply...they love the food, the buildings and govt.

But things can quickly change once there is danger.
Is it realistic to expect people to stay and fight?...when they have the mobility to pluck up and leave. First thing for sure we will see foreigners just flying out once they sense trouble  ...we saw this when covid stuck, once they have no job to keep them here, they will just leave.

I find that we are not seeing the big elephant in the room and pretending it does not exists. People today don't even think twice to relocate just for better jobs elsewhere.
who want to die for the rich?
ask the rich to defence their own money
(05-11-2021, 10:07 AM)maddog Wrote: [ -> ]who want to die for the rich?
ask the rich to defence their own money

Singapore is an unequal society. 
If war occurs, the rich will stay to fight.
(05-11-2021, 10:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Singapore is an unequal society. 

I remember what LKY said: That those who own HDB flats, Condos and landed properties will be the ones who will stay back and fight, cos they have something to defend for... Laughing
This is a good analysis but remember, don’t judge the common man, judge the actions of the leaders. If they are divided or flee, the common man will react accordingly.
(05-11-2021, 10:29 AM)toothpick Wrote: [ -> ]This is a good analysis but remember, don’t judge the common man, judge the actions of the leaders. If they are divided or flee, the common man will react accordingly.

Those who has good houses will stay on to fight, cos they have something to look forward to see their home in times of a war break out....On the other hand if the citizen does not have a home here, then there is nothing for them to fight for and thence flee the country..... Big Grin
(05-11-2021, 10:03 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I have been observing the entire crisis and behavior of people throughout:

2. Our society is a divided one. Along many lines local foreigner. Rich and poor. 

3. There is a trust deficit. Even over simplest thing like masks, hawker center,  which vaccine ...there is no consensus.

4. People feel so long as it's someone else suffering and not themselves ...its okay.

Seeing how things unfold. ...I wonder what happens when there is a deeper crisis. For example some instability in region that can result in  fighting.

During peace time everyone say they love the country so deeply...they love the food, the buildings and govt.

Is it realistic to expect people to stay and fight?...when they have the mobility to pluck up and leave. First thing for sure we will see foreigners just flying out once they sense trouble  ...we saw this when covid stuck, once they have no job to keep them here, they will just leave.

I find that we are not seeing the big elephant in the room and pretending it does not exists. People today don't even think twice to relocate just for better jobs elsewhere.

Rubbish!!!!
Singaporean has never been so united in facing a world crisis..
Only you are the traitor, inducing nonsensical post... Laughing
(05-11-2021, 10:18 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]I remember what LKY said: That those who own HDB flats, Condos and landed properties will be the ones who will stay back and fight, cos they have something to defend for... Laughing

Fight who
(05-11-2021, 10:03 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I have been observing the entire crisis and behavior of people throughout:

your observations are confirmed correct when PAP asks people to live with COVID but PAP MPs refuse to live with COVID by suspending physical meet people session.
(05-11-2021, 10:55 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Those who has good houses will stay on to fight, cos they have something to look forward to see their home in times of a war break out....On the other hand if the citizen does not have a home here, then there is nothing for them to fight for and thence flee the country..... Big Grin

I think those with good houses also have plenty of money and the good life....they expect someone else to fight and die for them. When everything safe then they fly back from.Australia...to take a look to make sure their condo  not damaged.

It is likely those with 2 room flat or those living in rental flat are the ones fighting not that that's all they have but they cannot afford to leave country as they have no money to reallocate....they are too poor to get out.

absolutely true right to the dot.same like many youngsters complaining why shld i fight for spore when ft is treated better than my wasted 2 yrs ns
(05-11-2021, 10:18 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]I remember what LKY said: That those who own HDB flats, Condos and landed properties will be the ones who will stay back and fight, cos they have something to defend for... this is valid during that time now no pa ka beos spore has deviate too much frm then
I finished watching a documentary about China's warring states. It said, the Qi army looked good outside, with the soldiers donning good armour and are well-equipped, but when war came, all dispersed and gave up without a fight.

Will this happen to Singapore?
(05-11-2021, 10:55 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Those who has good houses will stay on to fight, cos they have something to look forward to see their home in times of a war break out....On the other hand if the citizen does not have a home here, then there is nothing for them to fight for and thence flee the country..... Big Grin

wrong that hv gd hses are doing much better hv more than extra to flee,life is more important than material
Simply because PAP rejected the idea of Singapore Identity 15 years ago.

Without an Identity, there is no common values and no common purpose.

Why does Google pay their People & Culture Director, APAC $30k/ mth? Even the ultra useless Grace Foo who was Culture Minister also failed miserably in her job although she was paid millions.

Cannot blame me for voting a Taxi- driver rather than PAP Interns every GE.
War come must know who to shoot first!
If that day comes, the poor should form mobs to block all airports, harbors, causeways so that no one can escape from the island.. Want to die, all die together, be it you are rich, poor or powerful..

The good thing is the poor are mostly trained in the art of war (NS). Want to convert to mobs, very easy..
(05-11-2021, 10:29 AM)toothpick Wrote: [ -> ]This is a good analysis but remember, don’t judge the common man, judge the actions of the leaders. If they are divided or flee, the common man will react accordingly.

Give you 1 pt for dis truism. Chinese say the base of human nature is good. We ony turn cynical and jaded with time. If there is someone who is decent and courageous that leads by example, people will be moved to follow. Charismatic people with great oratorical skills like LTK will be able to stir the masses to fight for their rights. No such person exists in the PAPaya party unfortunately. The leader will have to emerge from somewhere else. He may not even exist. Or he may even be non-Singaporean born [few gutsy locals exist].
(05-11-2021, 11:37 AM)ArielCasper Wrote: [ -> ]If that day comes, the poor should form mobs to block all airports, harbors, causeways so that no one can escape from the island.. Want to die, all die together, be it you are rich, poor or powerful..

The good thing is the poor are mostly trained in the art of war (NS). Want to convert to mobs, very easy..

Not practical lah. History has taught us that the rich will run road first to their homes in other countries. Their houses here will be taken over by the invaders, b4 that happens we must quickly loot their homes [dat would be the smart thing to do]. Dun take those traceable things [eg. artwork] but perishables and cars, use oredy abandon by the roadside. Dat way no one will get into trouble for war time misdemeanors.  Laughing
(05-11-2021, 12:35 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]Give you 1 pt for dis truism. Chinese say the base of human nature is good. We ony turn cynical and jaded with time. If there is someone who is decent and courageous that leads by example, people will be moved to follow. Charismatic people with great oratorical skills like LTK will be able to stir the masses to fight for their rights. No such person exists in the PAPaya party unfortunately. The leader will have to emerge from somewhere else. He may not even exist. Or he may even be non-Singaporean born [few gutsy locals exists].

Very soon we may have new citizens become ministers and MPs......this is what they call leaders turnaround, leaders renewal, change of blood. Rolleyes
(05-11-2021, 10:18 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]I remember what LKY said: That those who own HDB flats, Condos and landed properties will be the ones who will stay back and fight, cos they have something to defend for... Laughing

Ts has nothing ..he will be hiding when war come.
(05-11-2021, 10:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Singapore is an unequal society. 

only possible to be equally poor. how to be equally rich?
(05-11-2021, 12:52 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]only possible to be equally poor. how to be equally rich?

If you own a condo or private landed property you will be equally rich...... Laughing
(05-11-2021, 11:25 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I think those with good houses also have plenty of money and the good life....they expect someone else to fight and die for them. When everything safe then they fly back from.Australia...to take a look to make sure their condo  not damaged.

It is likely those with 2 room flat or those living in rental flat are the ones fighting not that that's all they have but they cannot afford to leave country as they have no money to reallocate....they are too poor to get out.

COVID is our enemy.

Did PAP fight with COVID or live with COVID ?

PAP can live with COVID means PAP can also live with the enemy.

During war, PAP just needs to open up Singapore and live with the enemy !

If PAP is ready to sacrifice 2000 people yearly for COVID, PAP should also prepare to sacrifice 2000 prisoner of war yearly for the enemy.

Same problem in developed countries whereby many people are highly educated

The rich can only fight with money. They don't have the skills and experience
(05-11-2021, 01:20 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]what about during WW2? did people unite as one fight against Japs? thought Chinese got slaughtered at Changi beach while non Chinese had worked for the new ruler and were treated differently.

In Singapore during the 2nd world war, the Japanese slaughter many young Chinese men, cos they believe that these Chinese men are supporting China in the war effort... Thus they were gathered in lorries and transported to Changi beach to be gunned down by machine guns,this is called the Sook Ching massacre .... crying
Current PAP created their own problem.

Now, SG is filled with half foreigners.

PAP even use Parliament to defend CECA and FTs.

What does it tell us? Just let Singapore sink.

With or without us, makes no difference.
(05-11-2021, 01:15 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]If you own a condo or private landed property you will be equally rich...... Laughing

so many bills and taxes to pay and pay, how to be rich?
(05-11-2021, 01:20 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]what about during WW2? did people unite as one fight against Japs? thought Chinese got slaughtered at Changi beach while non Chinese had worked for the new ruler and were treated differently.

[Image: Screenshot-20211105-141323-Chrome.jpg]

one of the few. but nobody knows them already.
Pages: 1 2 3