SG Talk

Full Version: May your preferred candidate win...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am on my way to Comex now....

Just want to wish Singapore and Singaporeans all the best.
Who ever wins the elections there should be no hard feelings as we all had our chance to vote the person we want as President ....and there were 3 options for you covering all sorts of priorities and concerns on your.minds.

The winner would have secured the most votes and gets to the office with the highest support of the people.

We should all respect each others choice no matter who wins. That's the democratic process.
Years ago, I go to the polling station and spoil my vote

Then I realized that I just forfeited my right

Ever since, I will vote, even though I dislike any of the party

There is always a constructive way other than throwing my vote away as a protest
Vote for TKL will never be wrong.
(01-09-2023, 11:05 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I am on my way to Comex now....

Just want to wish Singapore and Singaporeans all the best.
Who ever wins the elections there should be no hard feelings as we all had our chance to vote the person we want as President ....and there were 3 options for you covering all sorts of priorities and concerns on your.minds.

The winner would have secured the most votes and gets to the office with the highest support of the people.

We should all respect each others choice no matter who wins. That's the democratic process.

God bless spore. Hope LKY spirit bless spore he build. 

Pray his son n party make spore great again.
(01-09-2023, 01:07 PM)FartSunKing Wrote: [ -> ]Stop being a hypocrite

Up till yesterday

You were trying to influence others

To vote for tkl

When it is clear you will be a loser voting for a loser

For once in your life, you could be a winner

Yet you stubbornly choose to be a loser

Why?

You are free to advocate for any candidate you choose nobody stops you. Others too are free to express their opinion.

But conce the votes are counted the people's collective decision is made and we should accept the outcome and move on.

The fact that I express my opinions on some candidates is consistent with democratic values which i consistently uphold.
(01-09-2023, 01:53 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]You are free to advocate for any candidate you choose nobody stops you. Others too are free to express their opinion.

But conce the votes are counted the people's collective decision is made and we should accept the outcome and move on.

The fact that I express my opinions on some candidates is consistent with democratic values which i consistently uphold.

Ok I vote for u. But u pay 50$ penalty for me first. How???  Big Grin
(01-09-2023, 01:53 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]You are free to advocate for any candidate you choose nobody stops you. Others too are free to express their opinion.

Btw. My friend said now can short HSI again. Wat u think???
(01-09-2023, 03:54 PM)victortan Wrote: [ -> ]Btw. My friend said now can short HSI again. Wat u think???

Short if you are sure it's going down
(01-09-2023, 03:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Short if you are sure it's going down

Aiya. I no expert trading. I wait to buy byd baba n Tencent lah. 
Hope u all short it down for me to HSI 14k plus then I can start to dca
(01-09-2023, 03:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Short if you are sure it's going down
Many here waiting for your reverse indicator confirmation.  Laughing
(01-09-2023, 04:24 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Many here waiting for your reverse indicator confirmation.  Laughing

Like I said I am waiting for HSI attempt to 20K then short.
If that never happens I am contented to let it rot.
Singaporeans have spoken.
Tharman has won by a landslide despite his ties with the ruling party.

The other 2 candidates polled less than 30% of the votes. While TKL has certain negative characteristics - poor verbal skills, strange mannerisms etc NKS was a presentable and viable candidate. I am surprised NKS got only 15%.

The level of protest votes and anti establishment vote is very low which points to an uphill battle for the opposition at the next GE.

The election also tells us the quality of the candidate rather than his affiliation is the main consideration for voters.

The low level of protest votes also tells us the previous hot button issues like GST, high housing costs, cost of living, scandals etc have faded and failed to push voters away from the establishment candidate.
(02-09-2023, 04:40 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Singaporeans have spoken.
Tharman has won by a landslide despite his ties with the ruling party.

The other 2 candidates polled less than 30% of the votes. While TKL has certain negative  characteristics - poor verbal skills, strange mannerisms etc NKS was a presentable and viable candidate. I am surprised NKS got only 15%.

The level of protest votes and anti establishment vote is very low which points to an uphill battle for the opposition  at the next GE.

The election also tells us the quality of the candidate rather than his affiliation is the main consideration for voters.

The low level of protest votes also tells us the previous hot button issues like GST, high housing costs, cost of living, scandals etc have faded and failed to push voters away from the establishment candidate.

"The low level of protest votes also tells us the previous hot button issues like GST, high housing costs, cost of living, scandals etc have faded and failed to push voters away from the establishment candidate."

Opposition must wake up by now.
Such overuse gimmicks are no longer effective on Singaporean. Whom are well educated, with good Geopolitical knowledge. 

70% of Singaporean knows what they  wanted and who is selling gimmicks. Cannot be fool or threatened easily. Especially in social media.

Hopefully in coming GE, we can see better strategies from Opposition.
Money politics works all the time.

Expect more monies to be dished out to get more support Big Grin