SG Talk

Full Version: Singapore semicon stocks continue their march up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Frenken, UMS, ISDN

[Image: bGespHf.jpg]
(30-07-2021, 09:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Frenken, UMS, ISDN

Result out in a week, got interest to break 80c
March up continues

[Image: vohqtfS.jpg]
Frenken zoom to $2.20 for more than 100% gain.in 1yr ...not that you should buy now buy congrats if you own it...the earnings because of current semi con demand seems to be able to trend up well into next Yr.

[Image: zAJGIZu.jpg]
(06-08-2021, 09:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Frenken zoom to $2.20 for more than 100% gain.in 1yr ...not that you should buy now buy congrats if you own it...the earnings because of current semi con demand seems to be able to trend up well into next Yr.

U have any target for ISDN?
(06-08-2021, 11:15 AM)Zannn Wrote: [ -> ]U have any target for ISDN?

No...I don't set targets or stop loss
(30-07-2021, 09:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Frenken, UMS, ISDN

Result out no dividend, market will be disappointed.
(12-08-2021, 07:48 PM)Zannn Wrote: [ -> ]Result out no dividend, market will be disappointed.

I am not so concerned....thought it looks okay

[b]ISDN Holdings reports record sales and record profits for 1H2021[/b]

• New revenue record with 1H2021 up +30% YoY to S$217.2 million. New profit record with 1H2021 profit after tax up +51% YoY to S$19.4 million.

• ISDN&rsquo s  strategic buildout of its industrial automation business continues to yield benefits as demand continues to grow  across the Group&rsquo s regional and vertical markets.

• Strategic initiatives also continue to yield productivity gains, with revenue (+30% YoY) and gross profit (+41% YoY) growing faster than operating expenses (+24% YoY).

• ISDN&rsquo s diversification across suppliers, customers,  industries and regions continues to stabilise growth despite uncertainties from COVID-19, global chip shortages, and persistent trade tensions.

(12-08-2021, 07:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I am not so concerned....thought it looks okay

• New revenue record with 1H2021 up +30% YoY to S$217.2 million. New profit record with 1H2021 profit after tax up +51% YoY to S$19.4 million.

• ISDN&rsquo s  strategic buildout of its industrial automation business continues to yield benefits as demand continues to grow  across the Group&rsquo s regional and vertical markets.

• Strategic initiatives also continue to yield productivity gains, with revenue (+30% YoY) and gross profit (+41% YoY) growing faster than operating expenses (+24% YoY).

• ISDN&rsquo s diversification across suppliers, customers,  industries and regions continues to stabilise growth despite uncertainties from COVID-19, global chip shortages, and persistent trade tensions.

Ok but price overrun so it’s correction
(13-08-2021, 08:35 AM)Zannn Wrote: [ -> ]Ok but price overrun so it’s correction

Nowadays market always sell on news. It’s good chance to buy good stocks after the result. Market nowadays different play
(12-08-2021, 07:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I am not so concerned....thought it looks okay

If ok, it will not drop 7% after result out dude. Market is correct.
(13-08-2021, 09:28 AM)Zannn Wrote: [ -> ]If ok, it will not drop 7% after result out dude. Market is correct.

Main problem is not the stock but short term speculators who want quickie  results many cheong in before results hoping to make quick gains now they all want to get out.

The result and industry I don't see much issue.
(03-08-2021, 02:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]March up continues

[Image: vohqtfS.jpg]
Bro, what happened to ISDN? Down so much this morning?
(13-08-2021, 09:33 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Main problem is not the stock but short term speculators who want quickie  results many cheong in before results hoping to make quick gains now they all want to get out.

The result and industry I don't see much issue.
Probably, investors are disappointed becos no dividends. That’s why they want to sell off.
(13-08-2021, 10:19 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]Probably, investors are disappointed becos no dividends. That’s why they want to sell off.

Yes short term traders all out. No catalyst to hold on short term
(13-08-2021, 03:04 PM)Zannn Wrote: [ -> ]Yes short term traders all out. No catalyst to hold on short term
When I look thru this company profile, it looks like it is a promising company that deliver high growth technology business dealing in semi-conductor, medical equipments, etc. It shd be a good bet for a medium and long term investments.
(13-08-2021, 10:19 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]Probably, investors are disappointed becos no dividends. That’s why they want to sell off.

I can't be bothered with such short term responses to quarterly reports.

If a company does not pay its cash in dividends and keep in the bank what is the issue.

Even if the company did not do so well in a particular quarter so what?

I remember iFast investors dump the stock at $3+ all the way down to $2+ because it failed to secure the Singapore digital banking license. Look at the stock now.

I cannot control traders and other investors who react to all sorts of things...and some even react to the reaction 
..causing further price falls.

I only look at what matters in longer time horizon.
Everyday I track the activities of many trading groups.....like this one under Joey Choy ....self declared trend following guru with thousands of followers. He told them to sell the stock down to 72 cents .....so many of these jokers follow his message to sell what happens..stock will drop and people will scoop it up at temporary low price. Very often before "target" others will start buying and his follower all left out In the cold.

[Image: 19KVdx0.jpg]
(13-08-2021, 03:04 PM)Zannn Wrote: [ -> ]Yes short term traders all out. No catalyst to hold on short term

(13-08-2021, 04:48 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]When I look thru this company profile, it looks like it is a promising company that deliver high growth technology business dealing in semi-conductor, medical equipments, etc. It shd be a good bet for a medium and long term investments.
Bro, actually, I meant it is this Frencken stock. Sori for my confusion.
(13-08-2021, 05:50 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I can't be bothered with such short term responses to quarterly reports.

If a company does not pay its cash in dividends and keep in the bank what is the issue.

Even if the company did not do so well in a particular quarter so what?

I remember iFast investors dump the stock at $3+ all the way down to $2+ because it failed to secure the Singapore digital banking license. Look at the stock now.

I cannot control traders and other investors who react to all sorts of things...and some even react to the reaction 
..causing further price falls.

I only look at what matters in longer time horizon.
I missed the boat on this. Remembered I asked you whether stock cud falls below $3, you said is very unlikely. It was doing at 3.15 that moment I asked yr opinion.
(13-08-2021, 06:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Everyday I track the activities of many trading groups.....like this one under Joey Choy ....self declared trend following guru with thousands of followers. He told them to sell the stock down to 72 cents .....so many of these jokers follow his message to sell what happens..stock will drop and people will scoop it up at temporary low price. Very often before "target" others will start buying and his follower all left out In the cold.

[Image: 19KVdx0.jpg]

What platform are they on? Pls share share
ISDN update...long stretch of correcting down...now  back up.

[Image: mEABVDR.jpg]
The long dreadful saga of cyclical semi con industry ....too ISDN from 84 to 30cts then in recent months doubled.

For long term investors what do these wild gyration may look massive buy a blip in the larger scheme of things.

[Image: ekJG0Si.jpg]
(06-08-2021, 09:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Frenken zoom to $2.20 for more than 100% gain.in 1yr ...not that you should buy now buy congrats if you own it...the earnings because of current semi con demand seems to be able to trend up well into next Yr.

The semi con slump took Frencken down by more than 50%.

At $2.20, I felt I missed the boat and never expected a semi con slump yo come in 2022 yo throw me an opportunity to start buying Frencken.

I would expect a slow up cycle as the US is entering slowdown or recession. But semi con actually looks bright long term ..the long term demand  keeps growing while Intel and TSMC add more fabs for the future growth...many other segments of the industry is under invested and will bring numerous opportunities to investors. High growth and returns will come from smaller players like isdn and Frencken.

Patience is absolutely needed.
Analysts recommended selling Frencken on Nov 2022 at the bottom of the semiconductor cycle.

One from maybqnk and the other from CIMB after Frencken results.

The downgrade turned out yo be the best tune to buy.
[Image: G7fqx4X.jpg]

[Image: 20jlqMY.jpg]
Ums marching to 1.50
Bursa Semi a lot of play...sg too small