SG Talk

Full Version: Why should I quit my job?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you know you should quit your job?

I think my boss biased. He don't seem to think I can do my job. Keep harping on what I did not do when I have done most of the things he wanted. 

He keep saying, why u cant do this. If you can't then at least tell me why. Then he went on to say, it can be done. No reason why you are not able to do it.
(15-11-2023, 11:26 AM)Showmethemoney Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know you should quit your job?

I think my boss biased. He don't seem to think I can do my job. Keep harping on what I did not do when I have done most of the things he wanted. 

He keep saying, why u cant do this. If you can't then at least tell me why. Then he went on to say, it can be done. No reason why you are not able to do it.

You want to quit better secure the next job already then throw letter. Some young ppl throw letter without securing the next job then can spend months jobless looking for next job.
(15-11-2023, 01:35 PM)Blin Wrote: [ -> ]My friend son 6 yrs changed 3 jobs.

6 years 3 jobs ok. I read other news 6 years change 3 wife becuz in their country divorce much easier compared to Spore with their stupid WC !
(15-11-2023, 01:35 PM)Blin Wrote: [ -> ]My friend son 6 yrs changed 3 jobs.

Smile I know those in public sectors, stat boards hardly changed jobs. Literally most of the civil servants work for 20 years or more inside....still counting.
my brother in law every 3 thm will get fired
(15-11-2023, 02:41 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote: [ -> ]my brother in law every 3 thm will get fired

Get fired got give any retrenchment benefits?
[[ForeverAlone]] dateline='[url=tel:1700030021' Wrote: [ -> ]1700030021[/url]']

Smile I know those in public sectors, stat boards hardly changed jobs.  Literally most of the civil servants work for 20 years or more inside....still counting.

I worked for 40 years in the same company because I know nobody can question my professionalism. I love my job before I quit the rat race. As long as you are happy and knows your job no one can touch or question you.
(15-11-2023, 11:56 AM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]You want to quit better secure the next job already then throw letter. Some young ppl throw letter without securing the next job then can spend months jobless looking for next job.

That is excellent advice because if we throw in our resignation without first securing another job, we are literally jumping from the frying pan into the fire. We lose our bargaining power in our next job while we put unnecessary stress on ourselves searching for work while our savings start to deplete fast in the most expensive city in the world.
(15-11-2023, 02:33 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Smile I know those in public sectors, stat boards hardly changed jobs.  Literally most of the civil servants work for 20 years or more inside....still counting.

Yah, many of them dun quit because they know they can't find a job outside. At least one that is as cushy.
(15-11-2023, 11:26 AM)Showmethemoney Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know you should quit your job?

When you know can quit you would have already quitted.

When you need to ask means - no, you are not ready to quite your job.
Deciding whether to quit your job can be a tough call, and it sounds like you're dealing with some challenges with your boss. If you're feeling undervalued or misunderstood at work, it's essential to evaluate your situation.
Before making any decisions, consider having an open conversation with your boss. Communicate your concerns and seek clarity on their expectations. It's possible that a constructive dialogue could lead to a better working relationship.
If, after addressing your concerns, you still feel that your current job isn't the right fit for you, platforms like https://huntly.ai/employers/ can be helpful in exploring new opportunities and finding a job that aligns better with your career goals and values.
It is a hard ball to play.
There's only one thing on the bosses mind, that is to keep squeezing those below. How they squeeze is by finding fault lor. No matter what one do they always find things to say. No point burning yourself out for such ungrateful boss. Since the boss so perfect, he/she should do it himself/herself.
(15-11-2023, 07:41 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Yah, many of them dun quit because they know they can't find a job outside. At least one that is as cushy.

That is the problem with most civil servants.  They have been in their comfort zone for so long that they are ill-equipped to take on the challenges of the cut throat private sector.  Complacency sets in, which leaves them with very little marketable skills when the day comes that their iron rice bowl proves to not be as sturdy as they imagined it to be.  
(15-12-2023, 02:22 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]There's only one thing on the bosses mind, that is to keep squeezing those below. How they squeeze is by finding fault lor. No matter what one do they always find things to say. No point burning yourself out for such ungrateful boss. Since the boss so perfect, he/she should do it himself/herself.

Most bosses have a clear idea which of their cronies they intend to give sterling appraisals to and promote. The rest may perform extremely well, but still be continuously bypassed for promotion.
(15-12-2023, 02:00 AM)matildashapes Wrote: [ -> ]Deciding whether to quit your job can be a tough call, and it sounds like you're dealing with some challenges with your boss. If you're feeling undervalued or misunderstood at work, it's essential to evaluate your situation.

Continue your search for another job while putting up with the unreasonable boss. For all you know, you may outlast him in the company. Every dog will have its day.
(15-12-2023, 07:49 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Most bosses have a clear idea which of their cronies they intend to give sterling appraisals to and promote. The rest may perform extremely well, but still be continuously bypassed for promotion.
Then it's bias liao.
(15-12-2023, 07:54 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Then it's bias liao.

Cronyism is alive and well in most companies.  After all, S'pore is ranked 4th in the World Crony Capitalism Index by The Economist, IMF and Forbes. An extremely high % of our billionaires have close family and personal ties to our political leaders. 
(16-11-2023, 02:02 PM)maxsanic Wrote: [ -> ]When you know can quit you would have already quitted.
When you need to ask means - no, you are not ready to quite your job.

Insecure bosses will find fault with capable subordinates whom they fear will outshine and displace them.
I survived my job for years because I kept scolding my boss until he understand my professionalism.
(15-12-2023, 08:11 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Insecure bosses will find fault with capable subordinates whom they fear will outshine and displace them.

You either have the market standing to find a better/similar job easily or have enough financial security to quit the job without anything or else you suck thumb and just do your job.

Don't waste time speculating whether your boss is lousy, at fault, or scared of you because you are too fantastic. At best such thinking is simply mental masturbation to soothe the pain in office, at worse it exposes your weakness and makes you susceptible to other colleagues who might make use of your disposition.