SG Talk

Full Version: Defense chief rebukes China, says no country has condemned the Philippines over SCS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"And no country in the world, none, to this type has condemned the Philippines in what it's doing. That is the best proof of what I said," Teodoro added.

Marcos was in Tokyo last week to attend the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)-Japan friendship and cooperation, where Southeast Asian and Japanese leaders agreed to strengthen dialogue and cooperation in implementing maritime order in the face of China’s growing assertiveness. — Cristina Chi with reports from Gaea Katreena Cabico

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2023/...s-over-scs

The key is whether Philippines has proof of historical evidence of owning those islands?

The answer is "No". 

Yet, China is willing to share the economic benefits despite having historical evidence of ownership. 

Only a few assmarrycunt's lapdogs support the pinoy...
Pinoys are good in claiming islands that does not hv pinoy origin. Just like what they lay claims on Sabah.
(21-12-2023, 09:05 AM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]"And no country in the world, none, to this type has condemned the Philippines in what it's doing. That is the best proof of what I said," Teodoro added.

Marcos was in Tokyo last week to attend the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)-Japan friendship and cooperation, where Southeast Asian and Japanese leaders agreed to strengthen dialogue and cooperation in implementing maritime order in the face of China’s growing assertiveness. — Cristina Chi with reports from Gaea Katreena Cabico

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2023/...s-over-scs

The pinoys are in for a rough time. As I previously mentioned in the lead up to the Xi-Biden summit, various signs all point to the Philippines being "sold off" by the US to China as part of the package during the summit.

At that time, I shared that China will likely escalate their firm actions against the Pinoys after the summit as the US has likely committed to staying at the sidelines, notwithstanding a few perfunctory rhetoric.

So far the developments have followed this trajectory, i.e. more intense water gun blasting of Philippines ships, Chinese fishery militia moving in to secure the reefs surrounding Thomas shoal, accelerating island reclamation works around the area etc.

We can see the Marcos administration is getting really desperate and hurtling down the Zelenskyy playbook - endless proclamations lamenting being bullied, trying to drag whatever country big or small into the show, blatant appeal to the US for help under the Mutual Defense Treaty etc.

The reality is US has not and likely will not move beyond talking / photo ops exercises as they have already "sold off" Philippines to China, ASEAN everyone is ether acting blur or aggressively strengthening ties with China. The EU and Japan is a joke that has no power projection ability beyond their shores.

Philippines is screwed. Yesterday Wang Yi issued what can be construed as an ultimatum, I suspect Chinese closing net actions will accelerate should Marcos not change course.