SG Talk

Full Version: Lawrence Wong said that the ban on e-cigarettes in 2018 was
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
🚬 Lawrence Wong said that the ban on e-cigarettes in 2018 was implemented in the interest of public health, not due to the potential loss in tobacco tax revenue.

➡️ https://bit.ly/48Lq4FU

Follow us on @mothershipsg
knn,,, if really concern of our health , should ban smoking and ban sale of cigarette.

is that so difficult,
Cigarettes even worst lor. Why no ban?
(12-01-2024, 03:03 AM)sogo Wrote: [ -> ]Cigarettes even worst lor. Why no ban?

LW talk cock only, or at least ban public smoking so we can breath freely everywhere, always smell of cigarette smoke everyhere.
(12-01-2024, 03:38 AM)victortan Wrote: [ -> ]LW talk cock only, or at least ban public smoking so we can breath freely everywhere, always smell of cigarette smoke everyhere.

In japan 30% of the smoker are using heated tobacco which does not smell or have smoke. Why pap dun consider this option if tax is a priority? Heated tobacco are taxed like cigarettes. Sinkapore politicians are brain dead and not innovative. This will solve alot of 2nd hand smoke issues outdoors or in hdb
Not interested in history only cares about now and future. Tell us when can we stop seeing vape in SG?

But looking at the way they are managing things, it’s a matter of time it will get legalize. Look at IPPT! Look at N level can enter poly! Look at SAF long 4 vs smart 4!
Weak man produce hard time is real.
Ban or no ban..i still smoke both till today..f care law la..
(12-01-2024, 07:30 AM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]Ban or no ban..i still smoke both till today..f care law la..

Dont get caught in the company. They can fire you due to breaking the Sg law.

I went to Japan holiday., many ppl were vaping, I seldom saw them smoking with cigarette.

[Image: IMG-3445.jpg]
(12-01-2024, 03:03 AM)sogo Wrote: [ -> ]Cigarettes even worst lor. Why no ban?

Cannot collect tax.
I think the reason why cigarette cannot be banned because of its additive powers and smokers are not prepared to give up smoking even for a few days. So banning cigarettes will kill the tourist industry as smoking tourists will give Singapore a complete miss in their itenary. So no matter what, a space must be provided for the addicts to take their dose smoke.    Big Grin
(12-01-2024, 02:28 AM)victortan Wrote: [ -> ]knn,,, if really concern of our health , should ban smoking and ban sale of cigarette.

is that so difficult,

He quacked!
(12-01-2024, 09:04 AM)Fit Wrote: [ -> ]He quacked!

Lawrence Wong must ban the use of substandard English

[Image: Erection.jpg]
(11-01-2024, 05:56 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]🚬 Lawrence Wong said that the ban on e-cigarettes in 2018 was implemented in the interest of public health, not due to the potential loss in tobacco tax revenue.

➡️ https://bit.ly/48Lq4FU

Follow us on @mothershipsg

The above is an e-C?  Damnn freaking stupid looking object.

Whenever I saw very well-dressed men and women standing around a damned smelly dustbin, I really face palm.  They looked damned low classed standing around a smelly dustbin puffing away like the man below.

[Image: 9-ZDMu-Aj-Oi-Mm-Is-Ij-Oi-Qn-Is-Iy-Yw1-Tb...k-F2-Y.jpg]
(12-01-2024, 08:16 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]I think the reason why cigarette cannot be banned because of its additive powers and smokers are not prepared to give up smoking even for a few days. So banning cigarettes will kill the tourist industry as smoking tourists will give Singapore a complete miss in their itenary. So no matter what, a space must be provided for the addicts to take their dose smoke.    Big Grin

Good point.  Oyk gib you a  Thumbsup
(12-01-2024, 07:30 AM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]Ban or no ban..i still smoke both till today..f care law la..

I am not a smoker, and I hate people smoking around me.  Can't stand the smell of smoke coming out from their mouth, which is a mixture of second smoke and their bad breath.  If they drink beer, it smells even worse!

But if I were a smoker, and had written what you wrote "smoke both", all bets are on, someone(s) will report me to the authorities right away.  Why?  because they are all waiting for a chance to pwn Oyk, a PAP lackie whom the Admin could not even scratch with his crones like KILLchoy, Opserber, starfugstk.   Big Grin

Quit now Angry
(12-01-2024, 09:54 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]I am not a smoker, I am a motherfucker and I love my granddaughter

[Image: aTPspvX.gif]
Its all about tax revenue lah. what health concern.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/singapo...creased-15

SG tobacco tax is not the highest yet. so will continue to strive to top ten of the list...

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/coun...ettes.html
(12-01-2024, 09:44 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]The above is an e-C?  Damnn freaking stupid looking object.

Whenever I saw very well-dressed men and women standing around a damned smelly dustbin, I really face palm.  They looked damned low classed standing around a smelly dustbin puffing away like the man below.

[Image: pSvzmTW.gif]
(12-01-2024, 09:44 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]The above is an e-C?  Damnn freaking stupid looking object. Whenever I saw very well-dressed men and women standing around a damned smelly dustbin, I really face palm.  They looked damned low classed standing around a smelly dustbin puffing away like the man below.

I find it disgusting seeing nurses smoke behind hospital buildings or at the main gates to these facilities. Don't they know that patients and members of the public can see them indulging in this unhealthy habit? 
(12-01-2024, 08:16 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]I think the reason why cigarette cannot be banned because of its additive powers and smokers are not prepared to give up smoking even for a few days. So banning cigarettes will kill the tourist industry as smoking tourists will give Singapore a complete miss in their itenary. So no matter what, a space must be provided for the addicts to take their dose smoke.    Big Grin

Now many countries switching to smokeless tobacco. 30% of japanese tobacco usage is heated tobacco. So those tourists come here must smoke cigarettes? They rather not come.
(12-01-2024, 07:42 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Dont get caught in the company. They can fire you due to breaking the Sg law.

I went to Japan holiday., many ppl were vaping, I seldom saw them smoking with cigarette.

[Image: IMG-3445.jpg]

U Salah liao lah. Japanese are using heated tobacco. Still selling in the  same pattern like cigarettes and it is taxable. No smell or smoke.
(11-01-2024, 05:56 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]🚬 Lawrence Wong said that the ban on e-cigarettes in 2018 was implemented in the interest of public health, not due to the potential loss in tobacco tax revenue.

Of course lah. If it is due to tax income, just tax e-cig and you will still get the tax revenue. Still need to explain this type of thing meh?
(12-01-2024, 08:09 PM)sogo Wrote: [ -> ]U Salah liao lah. Japanese are using heated tobacco. Still selling in the  same pattern like cigarettes and it is taxable. No smell or smoke.

Same lah. All are called 电子烟。
[Image: IMG-3463.jpg]
(12-01-2024, 10:16 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Same lah. All are called 电子烟。

It is not lah. That one is tobacco. Heated but not burn.
(12-01-2024, 10:37 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ][Image: IMG-3463.jpg]

Heated tobacco are different from those that kids are using. One pack also $15. Also restrictions in sales to minor. Like that will solve all those hdb smoking issues ppl are complaining about. Why pap always never think deeper that some issues they can solve but lazy to do it.
(12-01-2024, 10:19 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]https://cn.nikkei.com/industry/tradingre...17-58.html#

[Image: IMG-3464.jpg]

This is old news. 2023 hit 30% Liao. Might be 50% in a few years.
The primary goal is to prevent e-cigarettes from causing harm to people, especially the youth. This approach aligns with global efforts to address the health risks associated with vaping and nicotine addiction. It's essential to acknowledge that policies like these are driven by a deep concern for the welfare of citizens.You can also check out Crystal Pro Max. They offer insights into this particular product. However, it's vital to be well-informed about the legal and health-related aspects of using e-cigarettes and similar devices, especially given the focus on public health in Singapore.
Pages: 1 2