SG Talk

Full Version: 'I might as well work at McDonald's': Taxi drivers complain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don’t be surprise wait a minister come out say like that do can help save millions of dollars.
Pap as usual, is helping the poor to be poorer.
1800 + extra coming to 4k including cpf. comfort make drivers sound like a fool.

without comfort control hardworking driver most likely around there. why add a level of control?
earning invisible so just contribute lower cpf. and income tax

taxi driver paid high level of tax if including the tax paid on petrol.
They will next announce that the new scheme is a winner and drivers love it. And with this as evidence, they then dictate that all drivers are to be on CPF lah.

The end objective is for more money to go into the CPF system... Lol
McDknald's I don't think taxi drivers can survive doing fast food work.
How much MD pay their counter staff? I heard quite good nowadays.      Rolleyes
TAXI driver loves freedom la..
Cannot work for company. Under Management control.

That's why they rather drive taxi for long hours.
(14-01-2024, 08:48 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]How much MD pay their counter staff? I heard quite good nowadays.      Rolleyes

McDonald digitalize a lot, not so easy. Pay maybe better these days
(14-01-2024, 11:42 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote: [ -> ]McDonald digitalize a lot, not so easy. Pay maybe better these days

Yes, nowadays you go mac donald find a seat, place order from your mc app and they will bring your food over. Gone were the days where the staff take your orders and return your change!
Taxi Drivers got attitude problem....
(14-01-2024, 08:48 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]How much MD pay their counter staff? I heard quite good nowadays.      Rolleyes

The McD poster said Minimum $2100 for full time staff
(14-01-2024, 11:56 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]The McD poster said Minimum $2100 for full time staff
Fast food I do  before...it  is continuous non stop. Taxi drive can take break anytime ....
(14-01-2024, 12:20 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Fast food I do  before...it  is continuous non stop. Taxi drive can take break anytime ....

But now no need to take orders, no need to clear trays
(14-01-2024, 08:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]McDknald's I don't think taxi drivers can survive doing fast food work.

Cabbies are able to enjoy the view on the road 

[Image: Bike-3.jpg]
(14-01-2024, 11:51 AM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]Taxi Drivers got attitude problem....

absolutely true
sometimes they behave like king