SG Talk

Full Version: Dr M: M'sian Indians are not 'completely loyal' to the country
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Malaysian Indians are not completely loyal to the country as they still identify with their country of origin, claimed former premier Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

"Malaysian Indians do not speak Malay as their home language, they speak Tamil (instead)," he said when the host...

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/693043
He’s tired of living is he?
he is an indian as well.
Mahathir's mother, Wan Tempawan Wan Hanapi, was a Malay of Kedah. His father, Mohamad Iskandar, was from Penang of Malay and Indian descent. Mahathir's paternal grandfather had come from Kerala, British India and married a Malay woman.[5] Unlike the other prime ministers that preceded or succeeded him, he was not born into the aristocracy or a prominent religious or political family.[6][note 4]

Mohamad Iskandar was the principal of an English-medium secondary school, whose lower-middle-class status meant his daughters were unable to enrol in a secondary school. Wan Tempawan had only distant relations to members of Kedah's royalty.

Both had been married previously. Mahathir was born with six half-siblings and two full-siblings.[7] His childhood home, with a single shared bedroom and no electricity supply, was later converted to a tourist attraction and opened to the public.[9][10]

Discipline imposed by his father motivated him to study, and he showed little interest in sports.

Despite his prominence in UMNO, Mahathir was not a candidate in the 1959 election, ruling himself out following a disagreement with then Prime Minister Tunku Abdul Rahman. Their relationship had been strained since Mahathir had criticised Tunku's agreement to retain British and Commonwealth forces in Malaya after independence.

Academics R. S. Milne and Diane K. Mauzy argue that Mahathir's relentless attacks were the principal cause of Tunku Abdul Rahman's downfall and subsequent resignation as prime minister in 1970.[28]

Tunku's successor Tun Abdul Razak encouraged Mahathir to return to UMNO and appointed him Senator for Kedah in 1973.[29]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahathir_M...ay%20woman.
Why must be loyal? My opinion is that as long as one is not doing something detrimental to the country he is considered a good citizen/denizen. What is considered loyal anyway? Take up arms and fight for the country? Sorry, I won't even do that, knowing that I'm defending people who don't even care about my welfare.
What has Malaysia done to make Indians or Chinese there loyal?
DrM is loyal? If not for the millions he and his son gained?
Only singlion is loyal to Singapore not even the gov.
How else I crossed into Malaysia to test the system
Gate opened but when I returned they gave me hell.
before muslim or islam set foot in south east asia

the india was here before them
Bali is hindu/buddhism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of...heast_Asia

so what is loyal or not loyal
(14-01-2024, 10:35 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]he is an indian as well.

He is malayalam dialect ancestry group not tamil.
being minority of minority he choose to speak national language of the nation.
The way this ahneh from Kerala talks about Indians remind me of a Han in this forum claiming he is not Chinese because he got chased away when he queued at a Chinese airport for immigration meant for the locals there.     Big Grin
Non-bumis are treated as second class citizens in Msia. Why should they be loyal to a country that treats them like that?
(14-01-2024, 01:17 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]What has Malaysia done to make Indians or Chinese there loyal?

By discriminating them!
(14-01-2024, 04:44 PM)Fit Wrote: [ -> ]By discriminating them!

For a start Msian Indian and Chinese should serve Msia army like Spore mandatory NS. Like that when argue on discrimination got chips for bargain. Now some bumis inside feel the Msian minority not doing enough on the national defence department. Got conflict the bumis sons die first e.g Lahad Datu incident few years ago
loyalty is not a 1 way street

if they are bullied  not treated fairly the only to protest is to leave n not supporting the silly govt
he ownself is half indian...
He wanted all Malaysian to have a Malay name la...
Speak malayu only...
If you don circumcise you are never loyal to msia!