SG Talk

Full Version: S'pore man : problematic current situation for working S'poreans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(21-01-2024, 09:59 PM)FartSunKing Wrote: [ -> ]dey thambi.

stop spreading lies and misinformation

For most Singaporeans like you and me

Food cost - $300 a month or less

Public transport cost - $150 a month or less 

Rental - $0 a month

Mortgage - $0 a month for most Singaporean households buying BTO flat direct from HDB

BTO is FREE LIFETIME PUBLIC HOUSING + NET PROFITS, thanks to PAP, HDB & CPF, see proof below

Zero mortgage that's a good one.
For me 1200 only
In my humble opinion, if Sinkies are willing to stay in a HDB flat and not own a car, our wages are enough to live comfortably if we are a PME. The problem is that we all have some level of aspirations like upgrading to a condo and owning a car. In my time, my wife and I achieved both by the time we were 30 years of age. We will be 52 this year. It isn't so easy for the white collar workers of today in S'pore to upgrade so quickly after graduating from university.
This guy's expenses are very high. Very strange figures for someone who is complaining. I would expect someone who is complaining about expenses to have lower expenses.

Food expenses can be halved at $15 a day and that includes fruits, milk etc.

Transportation is unlikely to be $10 even if he stayed at one end of Singapore and worked at the other end of Singapore assuming he took mass transport.

The mortage/rental is again too high for someone complaining. One can rent a 4-room HDB flat in a good location (in terms of being near CBD) below $3,000.

Can't comment much on the miscellaneous. I think it is too high too for someone who is complaining.

I presume he's single since he did not comment on kids' expenses.
(22-01-2024, 08:44 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]In my humble opinion, if Sinkies are willing to stay in a HDB flat and not own a car, our wages are enough to live comfortably if we are a PME.  The problem is that we all have some level of aspirations like upgrading to a condo and owning a car.  In my time, my wife and I achieved both by the time we were 30 years of age.  We will be 52 this year.  It isn't so easy for the white collar workers of today in S'pore to upgrade so quickly after graduating from university.

Do you know that only 30% have uni education and 70% don't.
30% go to ITE. and the last 40% secondary school and poly.

Sometimes people talk ..is talk about their own circumstances like everyone is in the same qualification group.
(22-01-2024, 09:16 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know that only 30% have uni education and 70% don't. 30% go to ITE. and the last 40% secondary school and poly. Sometimes people talk ..is talk about their own circumstances like everyone is in the same qualification group.

Unfortunately, you have missed my point entirely.  I mentioned that the white collar workers of today - not all PMEs are degree holders - won't be able to upgrade as quickly as those from 20 years ago like me and my spouse. This is because the prices of private housing and cars have skyrocketed, but not the salaries of PMEs (degree, diploma or those holding A and O level certificates).  Get it now?    
(21-01-2024, 09:44 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 4uiQ4QZ.jpg]

https://www.tiktok.com/@eddylimproperty/...7796273416?

Out of his $5,700 per month, the bulk majority is in a supposed mortgage / rental of S$3,500 per month. That's equivalent to a principal amount of $800,000 to $900,000 for 25 - 30 years meaning he factored a house of $1 - $1.1 million in his calculations. 

There are certainly legitimate concerns for cost of living in Singapore, but grossly misrepresenting the situation by throwing bombastic assumptions simply dilutes the case and does no justice to low income earners who are really having a difficult time.
My Food $17/day
My Transport $5/day
Why is his transport $300/ day?

He lives in JB but work in SG?
(22-01-2024, 08:44 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]In my humble opinion, if Sinkies are willing to stay in a HDB flat and not own a car, our wages are enough to live comfortably if we are a PME.  The problem is that we all have some level of aspirations like upgrading to a condo and owning a car.  In my time, my wife and I achieved both by the time we were 30 years of age.  We will be 52 this year.  It isn't so easy for the white collar workers of today in S'pore to upgrade so quickly after graduating from university.

Yes agree last time easier. Wife and I skipped hdb altogether, first home was condo already in our 20s. At 34 bought landed with $900k loan. We are in our 40s, can clear the loan easily plus have condo for capital gains and rental income.

All about his own standard. Funny guy. Should say earning 3k is a struggle even w/o car condo.
The guy is just sharing js expenses and amount needed to survive.

Some people are very funny to comment transport too high this and that. However, it is HIS budget maybe he need to send his kid to mothers place before he go to work then go and pick up maybe he counted his wife transport etc there are many possible reason why he needs the amount.

His amount does not include entertainment holidays, medical or much of any excess
(23-01-2024, 07:44 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]The guy is just sharing js expenses and amount needed to survive.

Some people are very funny to comment transport too high this and that. However, it is HIS budget maybe he need to send his kid to mothers place before he go to work then go and pick up maybe he counted his wife transport etc there are many possible reason why he needs the amount.

His amount does not include entertainment holidays, medical or much of any excess
Please lah, amount needed to survive? U are insulting those who really really need to survive..

To survive, u dun need $3500 monthly rental or payment, not transport of $10 a day

Boo Sheet.

Cai png/ mee pok/ laksa/ chicken rice lunch and dinner won't add up to $30 a day

MRT to and fro work also don't add up to $10

Rental $3500?  Another BS

And what the F is MISC which add up to $33 a day? Rokok and beer???
(22-01-2024, 10:09 PM)"Oyk Wrote:[Image: CulaOyM.png]
(23-01-2024, 08:03 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ][Image: zZgFJSZ.jpg]
(23-01-2024, 07:44 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]The guy is just sharing js expenses and amount needed to survive.

He is legally entitled to complain about his lack of money, but when he frames the whole thing as an observation that the country is too expensive to stay in, people are entitled to call him out that the only reason why his cost of living is so high is due to his excessive lifestyle.

It is ridiculous to complain about a country's high cost of living and at the same time factor in a >$1million accommodation lifestyle.
(23-01-2024, 07:22 AM)debster Wrote: [ -> ]Yes agree last time easier. Wife and I skipped hdb altogether, first home was condo already in our 20s. At 34 bought landed with $900k loan. We are in our 40s, can clear the loan easily plus have condo for capital gains and rental income.

The younger white collar workers of today have, sadly, missed the boat in terms of upgrading to a private residence and having a car in their 30s.  In fact, most of them will never get to upgrade out of the HDB heartlands.
I can easily survive on 50% of his budget.
(23-01-2024, 08:03 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]sgtalk.net/User-Oyk said LHL is an idiot

Are average Singaporean workers earning S$60,000 or more a year?

Is earning S$100,000 - S$120,000 a year considered as norm?