SG Talk

Full Version: Tourism minister should be fired for naming bak kut teh as a Malaysia heritage dish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Fxxking anti Chinese country
UMNO is right what, Malaysia is a Muslim country. One should b careful naming the food as heritage.
I think the Chinese in Malaysia should be absolutely respectful of other's Muslim belief. Remember you are not the origins in the country.
(01-03-2024, 11:53 AM)*天哥* Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Chinese in Malaysia should be absolutely respectful of other's Muslim belief. Remember you are not the origins in the country.

Since when White man respect native in America, Australia and NZ before
The Muslim Malays in Malaysia are already very generous to accept your Chinese as part of their population, dun keep having the disillusion that u are the origins. You are NOT...full stop.
(01-03-2024, 11:55 AM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]Since when White man respect native in America, Australia and NZ before

That is different, it was an invasion.
Dun believe me, see one fine day what will happen.
(01-03-2024, 11:55 AM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]Since when White man respect native in America, Australia and NZ before

That is called an Invasion, the Chinese in Malaysia migrated from China. Get it now ? YOU ARE NEVER THE NATIVE. The Malays are KIND and generous enough to accept u...stop making troubles.
The Malays in Malaysia even created a village for the Chinese to hide from Japanese during WW2. I think the Chinese there now are very arrogant, from my Malaysia news readngs.
(01-03-2024, 12:01 PM)*天哥* Wrote: [ -> ]That is called an Invasion, the Chinese in Malaysia migrated from China. Get it now ? YOU ARE NEVER THE NATIVE. The Malays are KIND and generous enough to accept u...stop making troubles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Malaysia
(01-03-2024, 12:04 PM)*天哥* Wrote: [ -> ]The Malays in Malaysia even created a village for the Chinese to hide from Japanese during WW2. I think the Chinese there now are very arrogant, from my Malaysia news readngs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimina...ndonesians
BAK kut teh got barbi pork lah,,,how can
(01-03-2024, 12:04 PM)*天哥* Wrote: [ -> ]The Malays in Malaysia even created a village for the Chinese to hide from Japanese during WW2. I think the Chinese there now are very arrogant, from my Malaysia news readngs.

You can ask all Chinese in Asean go back to China 🤣
(01-03-2024, 01:30 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote: [ -> ]BAK kut teh got barbi pork lah,,,how can

Exactly, it is very disrespectful.
(01-03-2024, 01:30 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote: [ -> ]BAK kut teh got barbi pork lah,,,how can

They can ask all Chinese there go back to China cause Chinese eat pork 😆
(01-03-2024, 01:33 PM)*天哥* Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly, it is very disrespectful.

Or force all Chinese there convert to Islam 🤣
My wife is Indonesian, I can tell u, we know there is a big difference between Malays and Indonesian. Malays are not racist against Chinese, but I cannot say for certain the Indonesian after staying in both countries long enough.
(01-03-2024, 01:34 PM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]They can ask all Chinese there go back to China cause Chinese eat pork 😆

That why I say they never do such things, we should appreciate their goodwill.
(01-03-2024, 01:36 PM)*天哥* Wrote: [ -> ]My wife is Indonesian, I can tell u, we know there is a big difference between Malays and Indonesian. Malays are not racist against Chinese, but I cannot say for certain the Indonesian after staying in both countries long enough.

🤣

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketuanan_Melayu
(01-03-2024, 01:36 PM)*天哥* Wrote: [ -> ]My wife is Indonesian, I can tell u, we know there is a big difference between Malays and Indonesian. Malays are not racist against Chinese, but I cannot say for certain the Indonesian after staying in both countries long enough.

Ask your wife why she married you to convert you to Indonesian citizenship or Islam...

Then we will know how "different" is between M'sian bumi and Indo pribumi. ..both words oddly don't originate from Islam...Big Grin
(01-03-2024, 01:34 PM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]They can ask all Chinese there go back to China cause Chinese eat pork 😆

The Fun Fact is ethnic Chinese are okay with halal delicacies regardless of their nationality....

And all 3 countries 🇨🇳  🇲🇾  🇸🇬 are officially Secular..

Which means it is ok to call BKT a national "heritage" dish like Satay and Nasi lemak - both can be prepared in halal or none-halal ways.

So why get worked up over FOOD over god and spirit ? Big Grin
Singapore bak ku teh is totally different from Malaysia version. Although having same name.

Different taste, ingredients and cookery culture. So Malaysia's concern has nothing to do with Singapore. 
That's their internal affairs.
(01-03-2024, 01:54 PM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]Singapore bak ku teh is totally different from Malaysia version. Although having same name.
Different taste, ingredients and cookery culture. So Malaysia's concern has nothing to do with Singapore. 
That's their internal affairs.

But then hor, SG already kenna drag into the Bolehland argument based on the OP's info...which cites a CNA documentary on Bah Ku Teh's origin and rise of Food "Nationalism"... Big Grin

The debate occurred after Tebrau MP Jimmy Puah had urged the government to consider recognising it as a national heritage food. Puah’s motion in favour of bak kut teh was because he wanted to “protect and empower” the dish after a documentary suggested that it could have originated in Singapore.

BKT is "soooo Singaporean..."
https://youtu.be/Dc1RPhzA248
(01-03-2024, 02:01 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]But then hor, SG already kenna drag into the Bolehland argument based on the OP's info...which cites a CNA documentary on Bah Ku Teh's origin and rise of Food "Nationalism"... Big Grin

The debate occurred after Tebrau MP Jimmy Puah had urged the government to consider recognising it as a national heritage food. Puah’s motion in favour of bak kut teh was because he wanted to “protect and empower” the dish after a documentary suggested that it could have originated in Singapore.

https://youtu.be/O4k1y5-3AwA

Originate from China la..
We are all immigrants from China. Our ancestors brought over the Chinese food culture, taste and ingredients.
Different dialects clan, Different taste bud.

Only the kiasu Malaysian Chinese keep on harping it is their pattern rights over Chinese hawker foods...haiz...

What is delicious to them might not be nice to others taste bud. Simple logic they also cannot understand. Omg!!🤣

Example, Pizza, Spaghetti, Hotdogs, all are foods culture from the West. Cook with different flavours in Asia. Different taste, ingredients and styles.
Who can pattern its originality?
(01-03-2024, 02:06 PM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]Originate from China la..
We are all immigrants from China. Our ancestors brought over the Chinese food culture, taste and ingredients.
Different dialects clan, Different taste bud.
Only the kiasu Malaysian Chinese keep on harping it is their pattern rights over Chinese hawker foods...haiz...
What is delicious to them might not be nice to others taste bud. Simple logic they also cannot understand. Omg!!🤣
Example, Pizza, Spaghetti, Hotdogs, all are foods culture from the West. Cook with different flavours in Asia. Different taste, ingredients and styles.
Who can pattern its originality?

According to Baidu, BKT is uniquely oversea Chinese creation that started by Chinese coolies working in Malaya colony

https://baike.baidu.com/item/%E8%82%89%E...B6/2536247
(01-03-2024, 12:01 PM)*天哥* Wrote: [ -> ]That is called an Invasion, the Chinese in Malaysia migrated from China. Get it now ? YOU ARE NEVER THE NATIVE. The Malays are KIND and generous enough to accept u...stop making troubles.

The economy in Malaysia would collapse if not for the Chinese. The New Economic Policy and Affirmative Action are official testament that the Malays are unable to compete on a level-playing field with the other races.   
(01-03-2024, 02:14 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]According to Baidu, BKT is uniquely oversea Chinese creation that started by Chinese coolies working in Malaya colony

https://baike.baidu.com/item/%E8%82%89%E...B6/2536247

Bak kut teh, or  pork ribs soup, is a popular Chinese dish in Singapore.

The dish consists of pork ribs stewed with a mixture of fragrant herbs and spices such as garlic, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, fennel seeds and coriander.

Referring to the main ingredient in the dish, bak kut teh (Hokkien) and rou gu cha (Mandarin) translate literally to “meat bone tea”.

Origin

Bak kut teh is believed to have originated from China’s Fujian province. 

The introduction of the dish to Singapore and Malaysia is attributed to Hokkien immigrants who moved to this region in the 19th century. 

The dish is said to have been popular with the Chinese coolies as a hearty breakfast before embarking on their backbreaking tasks of the day.

In September 2009, however, the tourism minister of Malaysia, Ng Yen Yen, disputed the Chinese origin of the dish, claiming that bak kut teh was a Malaysian dish created by a Chinese physician in Klang during the 1930s. This claim has not yet been proven...

Description

There are three traditional variants of bak kut teh in Singapore: Hokkien, Teochew and Cantonese. As the Hokkien people prefer soups that are robust, their strand of bak kut teh is a strongly scented, thick and cloudy soup that has been boiled with rock sugar and a wide variety of herbs.

The dark brown colour of the soup is due to the addition of copious amounts of dark soy sauce, as the Hokkiens often like their food to be saltier compared with their counterparts.

The Cantonese, with their fondness for herbal soups, add more medicinal herbs to the dish. Theirs is a less salty version of the Hokkien-style bak kut teh but with a strong herbal taste. Additional ingredients used include button mushrooms, Chinese cabbage and dried tofu.

Teochew soups are typically clear in appearance and light in taste. As such, the Teochew variant of bak kut teh is seasoned only with garlic, soy sauce and pepper, with the soup simmered and skimmed. The result is a fine, light brown consommé that is garlicky and peppery.
(01-03-2024, 11:32 AM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]Fxxking anti Chinese country

Malay politicians are one-trick ponies who only know how to play the race card to unite their people.
(01-03-2024, 02:22 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]
Malay politicians are one-trick ponies who only know how to play the race card to unite their people.

We need to be specific here - it is a UMNO politician who stir a tourism-food-debate in religious narrative..

What's new from Bolehland ? Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4