SG Talk

Full Version: Srettha's remarks on Taylor Swift not meant to be criticism of Singapore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Srettha's remarks on Taylor Swift not meant to be criticism of Singapore:Thai government spokesman 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/tay...al-4173036
"In a statement on Tuesday, spokesperson for the Thailand's Prime Minister's Office Chai Watcharong said Mr Srettha had raised the topic to "admire and compliment Singapore"

So it is actually a compliment from Thai PM...🤣🤣🤣

The Philippines lawmaker got it wrong. Stupid fellow.. 🤣🤣🤣
(06-03-2024, 06:56 AM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]"In a statement on Tuesday, spokesperson for the Thailand's Prime Minister's Office Chai Watcharong said Mr Srettha had raised the topic to "admire and compliment Singapore"

So it is actually a compliment from Thai PM...🤣🤣🤣

The Philippines lawmaker got it wrong. Stupid fellow.. 🤣🤣🤣

This is call suaning...Suan
cannon behind horse.
Probably PM Lee hauled the Thai PM and said. Hey you chao bapok. Clarify your statement or else I ask all my sinkie men not to patronise your ladyboys and Thai ger shows anymore! Laughing
Nothing wrong with being fasterer and smarterer than your competitors.

Those neighbours who belly ache and complain are simply slowerer losers Smile
All these are a part of diverting attention.
(06-03-2024, 07:57 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]This is call suaning...Suan

Scan or not, it is a official statement from Thailand PM office. The context is for everyone to see.. 🤣
(06-03-2024, 08:01 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Probably PM Lee hauled the Thai PM and said.  Hey you chao bapok.  Clarify your statement or else I ask all my sinkie men not to patronise your ladyboys and Thai ger shows anymore! Laughing

I think it is the Swift's team kanna lawyer letter for disclosure of contract. 
They in return pressured Thai PM for clarification. For breaking trust in business dealing. 
Bad reputation for Thai Government..
(06-03-2024, 08:14 AM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]Scan or not, it is a official statement from Thailand PM office. The context is for everyone to see.. 🤣

Yes but it is a double meaning ( hidden msg ) also.

Like I Suan you then stated that I am praising you
Now, let's see what Phillipine's law maker going to say. 
Remember the song Cold Play wrote? 
The traffic in Manila is terrible. 
Who wants to go there?
Why Thai PM spokesman did not clarify in the first instance till now? Anyway it had been clarified & The Philippines stirring emotion.
(06-03-2024, 08:23 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but it is a double meaning ( hidden msg ) also.

Bingo! Anyway, as in the past, Swift's performance will continue in the coming years.

Chai Wacharonke, a government spokesman, said on Tuesday that when Mr Srettha mentioned Swift's concert deal in Singapore without performances in other Asean countries, he was bringing this up to praise...

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/gen...swift-deal
(06-03-2024, 08:23 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but it is a double meaning ( hidden msg ) also.

In politics or foreign affairs, it is different from personal bickering conversation. 

Official Complimentary will be taken as a agreement gesture context between countries. Anyway, it is a silly "initial statement" from Thai PM, over such a small commercial private deal.😄
Those countries that commented should reflect if Singapore did not bring TS concert here, it may bypass the Southeast Asia stop altogether for the fans in this region.
Political play in Thailand is fierce, even fiercer than in Malaysia. Unlike other countries, the military is in power. The PM elected by the people usually does not have the power and can be outed anytime if the military leaders are not happy. Srettha, a businessman, must be elected to become the PM with the blessing of the military. Don't think the military is "singing along" with Sretha's business ideas. He must have been very frustrated and used Singapore's Taylor Swift sponsor just to voice his frustration. As a businessman, he should know how businesses work
He should arrange military shows such as weaponry exibition or military air shows, sure get a lot of cabinet supports but who wants to go ?