SG Talk

Full Version: S’pore retailers feel the pinch as more people are spending overseas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
S’pore retailers feel the pinch as more people are spending overseas on cheaper buys https://www.straitstimes.com/business/mo...ail-sector
E commerce la..
Buying over Internet with cheap overseas delivery service is unbeatable. 
World wide selections under the finger.
In Japan, same food like Tonkatsu is only half the price and the service is so good. You want to waste $$$ eating in Sg.
I am going to Europe next year.
Going to eat authentic Italian pizza.
(18-05-2024, 10:02 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]S’pore retailers feel the pinch as more people are spending overseas on cheaper buys https://www.straitstimes.com/business/mo...ail-sector

Owing to the Govt's policy of inviting foreigners into S'pore to live, work, buy up freehold land and be fast tracked to PR and citizenship, everything is expensive in this overcrowded and land scarce island. S'poreans cannot be faulted for wanting more bang for our buck through overseas or online shopping.
These retailers why not import in for the spending incountry in the first place without overpricing? When the signs started ... Now then kpkb?!
(18-05-2024, 10:32 AM)red3 Wrote: [ -> ]These retailers why not import in for the spending incountry in the first place without overpricing? When the signs started ... Now then kpkb?!

Owing to the Govt's policy of inviting the ultra-wealthy to set up family offices in SG and buying up freehold land, rents have gone through the roof, so retailers operating brick and mortar stores have no choice, but to jack up their prices.
(18-05-2024, 10:18 AM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]E commerce la..
Buying over Internet with cheap overseas delivery service is unbeatable. 
World wide selections under the finger.

And then no need to pay for 8% GST also
(18-05-2024, 10:25 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]In Japan,  same food like Tonkatsu is only half the price and the service is so good. You want to waste $$$ eating in Sg.

Well, how much is your air tix?
(18-05-2024, 10:41 AM)Gstalk Wrote: [ -> ]And then no need to pay for 8% GST also

Buy over internet also got GST lah
(18-05-2024, 10:53 AM)ArielCasper Wrote: [ -> ]Well, how much is your air tix?

That time I went was $1100 for 2 ways economy flight.
Landed at Osaka, flown back from Tokyo.

I also went to eat Angus beef buffet. $60 SGD for 2 hours. Eat until siao.
(18-05-2024, 10:41 AM)Gstalk Wrote: [ -> ]And then no need to pay for 8% GST also

Every minutes and seconds, there will have some people buying from E commerce in Singapore. 
Not necessarily must buy in JB too, for low cost items
(18-05-2024, 10:59 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]That time I went was $1100 for 2 ways economy flight.
Landed at Osaka, flown back from Tokyo.

I also went to eat Angus beef buffet. $60 SGD for 2 hours. Eat until siao.

Then is what you eat still half of sinkie land? No need travel cost is it?
Possibly not true, we still see high rentals for retail space.
(18-05-2024, 11:01 AM)ArielCasper Wrote: [ -> ]Then is what you eat still half of sinkie land? No need travel cost is it?

Still cheaper than Sg. I went for 15 days. 3 meals all Jap food.
Thank God we don't have widespread looting in SG like in the US, or the prices of retail goods would shoot up even more. In time, retailers in North America will only sell goods online

[Image: 928239c7f00b5161915638bfe40145a9]
(18-05-2024, 12:22 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Thank God we don't have widespread looting in SG like in the US, or the prices of retail goods would shoot up even more. In time, retailers in North America will only sell goods online

[Image: 928239c7f00b5161915638bfe40145a9]

Next time loot their warehouses
(18-05-2024, 12:53 PM)Clyde Wrote: [ -> ]Next time loot their warehouses

The problem is that store staff and security are afraid to confront looters who are likely to resort to violence when challenged. If these thieves get hurt in any way while being detained by security guards, they can successfully sue the store employees trying to prevent the shoplifting. The US has gone soft on criminals, and this is the result. 
Just cross over to JB and enjoy shopping.
Pap praying for more terrorist attacks in JB.
(18-05-2024, 01:36 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote: [ -> ]Just cross over to JB and enjoy shopping.

Gov is making going to JB so easy no passport just face scanning will do.....FX rate 3.5 times over there why shop here ?....
(18-05-2024, 01:41 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote: [ -> ]Pap praying for more terrorist attacks in JB.

If the extremists fail to deter S'poreans from crossing over to JB for cheap food and shopping, the SG Govt may introduce the "3/4 tank and full stomach" rule so that Sinkies don't fill up too much petrol and eat too much food across the Causeway.
Every time I go to JB, I come back with a carload of daily necessities.
Every time I go Batam, I come back with bag full of underwear and socks
Every time I go BKK, I come back with luggage full of T-shirts and shorts
(18-05-2024, 02:06 PM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]Every time I go to JB, I come back with a carload of daily necessities.
Every time I go Batam, I come back with bag full of underwear and socks
Every time I go BKK, I come back with luggage full of T-shirts and shorts

Singapore shopping cannot offer variety, cheaper price nor SHIOK experience

It's expensive so that the RICH can shop, not us

Orchard is built for the 10%, not for the 50% of the population
(18-05-2024, 04:11 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Singapore shopping cannot offer variety, cheaper price nor SHIOK experience  It's expensive so that the RICH can shop, not us Orchard is built for the 10%, not for the 50% of the population

If you wish to upgrade yourself, learn from the Top 10% instead of resenting or envying them. 
So retail bubble bursting soon?

What will PM do different from SM..
Smile I feel the MOST Dumb buyers are those go buy stuffs from those FB seller. They just get supply from China, Taiwan , Vietnam suppliers than mark up the price thus of course profit. Depend how greedy , some mark up a lot.

In fact you can straight buy from the supplier. If you do homework these suppliers also sell to individual if you go their website.
Just like Tao Bao , Ali express , people get supply from there and flip high to earn.

in marketing terms call " Drop shipping "
(18-05-2024, 11:15 AM)Bw2023 Wrote: [ -> ]Buy even cheaper frm shopee.my & have it delivered & stored at a jb address for you to pick up the nxt time you go in. If you dont hv one, there's a co in Ulu Tiram that can do it for you for a nominal fee.

Shopee is full of counterfeit goods sold using photos of the genuine product. 
(18-05-2024, 05:40 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Shopee is full of counterfeit goods sold using photos of the genuine product. 

Wanna buy branded luxury goods STILL Better go Their Official website buy or just go their retail store buy.

I know some FB seller go oversea Luxury shops on the spot do live selling , price cheaper than in SG but you can wait? Or else is AAA grade fake luxury goods . Even is real so?

To play safe STILL better visit those Luxury brands official website buy if you want to buy online or just go Orchard road visit their store. One thing even you buy online their delivery is fast beside you are safe confirm these are real ones. Since get it from SG.

SG Govt is very strict on fake luxury goods for sure Orchard road Luxury retail store and their online website are selling REAL stuffs.

Buying from individuals are just " flipper " like that handbag Loo lor.
(18-05-2024, 04:58 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]If you wish to upgrade yourself, learn from the Top 10% instead of resenting or envying them. 

Learn from the Top 10% where half already have rich parents?

Not resenting nor envious but the Govt has bad planning

so that we have to shop in Japan, UK and even Spain
Pages: 1 2