SG Talk

Full Version: Shopper caught on video opening boxes to 'test' kiwi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Confront or ignore? Shopper caught on video opening boxes to 'test' kiwi at Choa Chu Kang supermarket

Inconsiderate supermarket shoppers come in all shapes and forms. There are those who don't return supermarket trolleys and those who consume products before returning them to the shelf.

Last Sunday (Dec 5), Facebook user Evelyn Ng posted a 12-second video of one such shopper. She caught a man at an NTUC FairPrice outlet in Choa Chu Kang Lot 1 shopping mall opening multiple boxes of kiwi fruits.

More from AsiaOne

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/confro...upermarket
Sum middle class do that?
(10-12-2021, 08:24 PM)Gstalk Wrote: [ -> ]Confront or ignore? Shopper caught on video opening boxes to 'test' kiwi at Choa Chu Kang supermarket

Inconsiderate supermarket shoppers come in all shapes and forms. There are those who don't return supermarket trolleys and those who consume products before returning them to the shelf.

Last Sunday (Dec 5), Facebook user Evelyn Ng posted a 12-second video of one such shopper. She caught a man at an NTUC FairPrice outlet in Choa Chu Kang Lot 1 shopping mall opening multiple boxes of kiwi fruits.

More from AsiaOne

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/confro...upermarket

They should be caught and prosecuted, for doing such an act.... Angry
(10-12-2021, 08:28 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]They should be caught and prosecuted, for doing such an act.... Angry

Those supermarket should ensure that their packed fruits are good. Nobody would pay for rotten fruits. Especially if the fruits are expensive. If u do shopping at supermarkets especially NTUC u will know that they mix overripe kiwis together with those good ones very frequently.
(10-12-2021, 09:14 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Those supermarket should ensure that their packed fruits are good. Nobody would pay for rotten fruits. Especially if the fruits are expensive. If u do shopping at supermarkets especially NTUC u will know that they mix overripe kiwis together with those good ones very frequently.
I agrees with you on this point too.  I hv mentioned this before, NTUC fruits are not cheap and it is not fair we are buying rotten fruits.  Moreover, some NTUC outlets got lazy staffs who don't check their quality of fruits.  At times, I hv to show them those rotten fruits like strawberries and they disposed it. One good point about NTUC is that you can returned them those spoiled ones if you hv the receipt.
(10-12-2021, 09:14 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Those supermarket should ensure that their packed fruits are good. Nobody would pay for rotten fruits. Especially if the fruits are expensive. If u do shopping at supermarkets especially NTUC u will know that they mix overripe kiwis together with those good ones very frequently.

Agree. In a box of 4, they will mix with one, or even two less fresh ones!

It applies to veggies too. 

Once I bought a pack of "sweet leaves" puchok manis, on opening, found some withered ones were packed in the middle of the pack. Very unethical!

Agree. In a box of 4, they would mix with one , or even two less fresh ones.

It applies to veggies as well.

Once I bought a pack of "sweet leaves", puchok manis from a supermarket, when I opened it, I found some withered branches hidden in the middle of the pack! Very unethical!
(11-12-2021, 11:19 AM)Fit Wrote: [ -> ]Agree. In a box of 4, they would mix with one , or even two less fresh ones.

It applies to veggies as well.

Once I bought a pack of "sweet leaves", puchok manis from a supermarket, when I opened it, I found some withered branches hidden in the middle of the pack! Very unethical!

It all depends on the NTUC packer, whether they are ethical or not.....but every person is different from each other...... Laughing
I had bought rotten fish in styrofoam packaging too. Cannot smell from outside but when open, stink. Nowadays food are so expensive. You can't blame them being careful with how they spend their money. Ever returned a whole pack of grapes. The packaging make it difficult to see that they are rotten inside. I think the time and transport cost more than the grapes.
(10-12-2021, 10:05 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]I agrees with you on this point too.  I hv mentioned this before, NTUC fruits are not cheap and it is not fair we are buying rotten fruits.  Moreover, some NTUC outlets got lazy staffs who don't check their quality of fruits.  At times, I hv to show them those rotten fruits like strawberries and they disposed it. One good point about NTUC is that you can returned them those spoiled ones if you hv the receipt.

I find oranges sold by NTUC don't last long. Some will start rotting after less than a week after purchase. Even some with no visible rotting has a rotten after taste.
This does not happen in the past, so I suspect either NTUC are buying oranges that had been kept in their cold storage for too long or their freezers are contaminated with some potent fungus, mold or bacteria. I have now switched to buying oranges from wet markets and they last much long and fresher.
(11-12-2021, 11:41 AM)sgxin Wrote: [ -> ]I find oranges sold by NTUC don't last long. Some will start rotting after less than a week after purchase. Even some with no visible rotting has a rotten after taste.
This does not happen in the past, so I suspect either NTUC are buying oranges that had been kept in their cold storage for too long or their freezers are contaminated with some potent fungus, mold or bacteria. I have now switched to buying oranges from wet markets and they last much long and fresher.
It is good that you are alert. You shd bring up these issues to their supervisor. Get a refund and return those oranges to them. Remember to keep all receipts as proof.
Ever bought a packet of sliced fish. They put a few pieces of cheaper fish below the more expensive ones. Brought back to NTUC but the staff claimed they did not sell those cheaper fish there. I demanded a refund.

The staff are helping ntuc to make more money.
(11-12-2021, 11:54 AM)Clyde Wrote: [ -> ]Ever bought a packet of sliced fish. They put a few pieces of cheaper fish below the more expensive ones. Brought back to NTUC but the staff claimed they did not sell those cheaper fish there. I demanded a refund.

Why like that it makes NTUC gets a bad name...... Angry
The shopper might have bad experience before.
I ever asked NTUC for refund more than once.
If you buy any fruits from market or shop , do you pick n choose satisfactory to your likings? Any difference with the supermarket?😊
(11-12-2021, 12:55 PM)Oasis Wrote: [ -> ]The shopper might have bad experience before.
I ever asked NTUC for refund more than once.

I ever exchange then the cashier aunt next time pick n choose . You want to pay for rotten fruits ?🙄
(10-12-2021, 10:05 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]I agrees with you on this point too.  I hv mentioned this before, NTUC fruits are not cheap and it is not fair we are buying rotten fruits.  Moreover, some NTUC outlets got lazy staffs who don't check their quality of fruits.  At times, I hv to show them those rotten fruits like strawberries and they disposed it. One good point about NTUC is that you can returned them those spoiled ones if you hv the receipt.

THE RESPONSIBLE STAFF ARE FOUND IN NTUC FAIRPRICE AT BLK 134 J EAST ALONG GATEWAY RD,OPP JE MRT.
MY WIFE SAYS THEY CHECK THE VEG N FRUITS RTN TO SUPPLIER IF QLTY NOT MET/
(11-12-2021, 11:54 AM)Clyde Wrote: [ -> ]Ever bought a packet of sliced fish. They put a few pieces of cheaper fish below the more expensive ones. Brought back to NTUC but the staff claimed they did not sell those cheaper fish there. I demanded a refund.

CARRY WRONGLY DO THESE EMPLOYEES GET MORE BONUS ?
U MUST BE  FIRM POILTE N INSISTING THEY WONT BULLY U.
GENERALLY NTUC STAFF ARE POLITE N WELL TRAINED.