SG Talk

Full Version: REASONS why many hawkers/shokeepers not accepting cdc vouchers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
do they hv to pay for the scanner which is used just for this purpose n it may not be worth the well to invest in it
(22-12-2021, 09:53 AM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]do they hv to pay for the scanner which is used just for this purpose n it may not be worth the well to invest in it

I thought they use mobile phones to scan? At least those in my neighbourhood do.
(22-12-2021, 10:08 AM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]I thought they use mobile phones to scan? At least those in my neighbourhood do.

i hv tried to use on 3 hawkers  n 2 shopkeepers to see how the scanning works  but these 5 not accepting so no chance to see  the ease of scanning
(22-12-2021, 10:12 AM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]i hv tried to use on 3 hawkers  n 2 shopkeepers to see how the scanning works  but these 5 not accepting so no chance to see  the ease of scanning

Scanning is like normal scanning of QR codes. But more inconvenient. All the old folks I met prefer vouchers.
REPEAT FAILURE OF $100/** REDISCOVERY VOUCHERS.!!

RESIDENTS/STALL HOLDERS  OUGHT TO BE GIVEN A CHOICE USING PAPERS OR DIGITAL VOUCHERS. THOSE OLD HAWKERS /SHOP KEEPERS ARE AT A DISADVANTAGE.
(22-12-2021, 10:41 AM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]REPEAT FAILURE OF $100/** REDISCOVERY VOUCHERS.!!

RESIDENTS/STALL HOLDERS  OUGHT TO BE GIVEN A CHOICE USING PAPERS OR DIGITAL VOUCHERS. THOSE OLD HAWKERS /SHOP KEEPERS ARE AT A DISADVANTAGE.

They have a choice. But they have to use QR code paper vouchers instead of just the normal voucher. People can go to their CC to claim the paper QR vouchers instead of using the digital vouchers. Most, if not all, of my elderly neighbours had done that. 

They is however a disadvantage with the paper QR code vouchers. If they get wrinkled or creased, they cannot be scanned and the voucher will be deemed unusable. Most probably, they will have to be downloaded as digital vouchers to be used instead which makes it inconvenient or impossible for my elderly neighbours.

I think that this digital voucher idea is stupid.
(22-12-2021, 10:12 AM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]i hv tried to use on 3 hawkers  n 2 shopkeepers to see how the scanning works  but these 5 not accepting so no chance to see  the ease of scanning

What for go around trying? Those that accept will display a sign with "CDC Vouchers Accept". They just use phone to scan, no need expensive equipment. I have change my vouchers into $100 cash from a shop I buy often. He told me best are those who did not cut the vouchers into small pieces because the big A4 size paper with many vouchers easier to scan... Rolleyes
Their income will be tracked, who so stupid want to use them.  Rotfl Must Chu a bit pattern…
(22-12-2021, 10:58 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]What for go around trying? Those that accept will display a sign with "CDC Vouchers Accept". They just use phone to scan, no need expensive equipment. I have change my vouchers into $100 cash from a shop I buy often. He told me best are those who did not cut the vouchers into small pieces because the big A4 size paper with many vouchers easier to scan... Rolleyes

i know that those who accept are selling more expensive ,no Q CUSTOMERS  OR FOOD NOT AS NICE. THE STALL SELLS $3.50/** WNATOON MEE  WILL ACCEPT HIS NEIGHBOUR SELLING $3/** NOT ACCEPTING.
LONG Q WILL NOT ACCEPT COMMENTING NO TIME BUSY SERVING N COOKING.
I have shopkeeper telling me their CDC approved, spend my CDC voucher with them after start date le
(22-12-2021, 09:53 AM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]i know that those who accept are selling more expensive ,no Q CUSTOMERS  OR FOOD NOT AS NICE. THE STALL SELLS $3.50/** WNATOON MEE  WILL ACCEPT HIS NEIGHBOUR SELLING $3/** NOT ACCEPTING.
LONG Q WILL NOT ACCEPT COMMENTING NO TIME BUSY SERVING N COOKING.

You want cheap, green, ho-chiak and tua liap nee then bo-pian lah. Use them to by fresh meat and fish from wet market or change into cash like me.... Rolleyes
Sometimes the laziness of our small time business owners amazes me as well. My sister in law just set up her shop to accept digital vouchers. All it really takes is go online and register with basic information like shop address, entity name, whole registration is 3 - 5 minutes.

Then they will send a staff down to your stall to help you setup the app which is a straightforward process with basic information like UEN, PayNow account etc. Again whole setup about 10 minutes.

I can understand a very small minority of IT illiterate senior citizen hawkers or stall owners might face some challenges, but for the rest who are too lazy to even invest 15 minutes of your time to setup something that can boost business instantly I really have nothing to say. I was asking whether the cake shop I patronize accept the vouchers, the owner lady about 40+ years old went into a tirade about how stupid and troublesome digitalization is and defended her decision not to accept.

I asked her does she even know what the process is, turns out she didn't even bother to find out. Most comical thing is she even admitted to me CDC staff visited her shop previously to help her setup on the spot, but she claims she's busy and had no time for them. I could have bought $10 worth of stuff if she had accepted the vouchers, but I ended up only buying a $1.50 bread. Idiocy beyond redemption.
(22-12-2021, 11:17 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]You want cheap, green, ho-chiak and tua liap nee then bo-pian lah. Use them to by fresh meat and fish from wet market or change into cash like me.... Rolleyes

u are either brilliant to change to cash OR LUCKY to hv this shopkeeper. !!
(22-12-2021, 11:58 AM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]u are either brilliant to change to cash OR LUCKY to hv this shopkeeper. !!

That is why whoever come up with this stoopid idea of using e.voucher. Make it so difficult for the people to use and also difficult for the stallholders.
(22-12-2021, 12:09 PM)Stoki Wrote: [ -> ]That is why whoever come up with this stoopid idea of using e.voucher. Make it so difficult for the people to use and also difficult for the stallholders.

this whoever is a BOOKWORM SCHOLAR NEVER GO TO MARKET ,WET MARKET ONLY SHOP AT MALLS DINE IN RESTUARANTS
(22-12-2021, 11:58 AM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]u are either brilliant to change to cash OR LUCKY to hv this shopkeeper. !!

Actually I have two hawkers willing to change - a fruit seller and a flower seller............ Big Grin
Some hawkers just wanna collect hard cold cash during a transaction.
(22-12-2021, 12:47 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I have two hawkers willing to change - a fruit seller and a flower seller............ Big Grin
Quite unbelievable that they are prepared to give you solid $100 cash. Lucky you!

There must be a catch? Do they receive $110 from the authorities??
(22-12-2021, 01:15 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]Quite unbelievable that they are prepared to give you solid $100 cash. Lucky you!

There must be a catch? Do they receive $110 from the authorities??
These two no catch because long time buying from them. I think if with catch like all vouchers change for $90, there must be quite a lot of willing hawkers..... Big Grin
(22-12-2021, 12:47 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I have two hawkers willing to change - a fruit seller and a flower seller............ Big Grin

Why would they want to go that?? Maybe gahmen give them incentives to accept vouchers. So they buy from you and then just scan the vouchers to get more from gahmen.
(22-12-2021, 01:21 PM)RichDad Wrote: [ -> ]Why would they want to go that?? Maybe gahmen give them incentives to accept vouchers.  So they buy from you and then just scan the vouchers to get more from gahmen.

Dun think got incentive from govt. If got incentive, many hawkers will offer customers for change liao. These two are just helping me ..... Big Grin
Call it stupid?
Who?
Need to keep up with the times.
Its definitely inconvenience at the beginning. 
But once you learn and do it a few times, it's ok.
My mee pok stall already telling me to spend my vouchers with her.
$100 Chiak pah pah.
(22-12-2021, 01:29 PM)Migrant Wrote: [ -> ]Call it stupid?
Who?
$100 Chiak pah pah.

i believe those who say not ready to accept will not accept in the future as no need to spend on  new scanner investmt just use their hp to scan.
when others alredy can accept why say not ready?

bullshit reason. 
(22-12-2021, 10:41 AM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]REPEAT FAILURE OF $100/** REDISCOVERY VOUCHERS.!!

cock-up good what.................if PAP don't cock-up then i worry..............

hope many many people will be tulan with them.............
(22-12-2021, 10:58 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]What for go around trying? Those that accept will display a sign with "CDC Vouchers Accept". They just use phone to scan, no need expensive equipment. I have change my vouchers into $100 cash from a shop I buy often. He told me best are those who did not cut the vouchers into small pieces because the big A4 size paper with many vouchers easier to scan... Rolleyes

I just used my CDC vouchers yesterday, the hawker just use her handphone and scan the vouchers, they are cut into $2, $5, and $10 pieces....no problem to scan....quite easy to use....... Clapping Laughing
Isit most shops or stalls allow us to exchange the paper vouchers for cash $$ ?
(22-12-2021, 08:11 PM)Hotrock Wrote: [ -> ]Isit most shops or stalls allow us to exchange the paper vouchers for cash $$ ?

dont try otherwise get scolded for nothing unless u r their A1 customers know u well as gd friend.
i asked the carrot cake hawker can use vouchers she ignored me then commented NO TIME V BUSY where got free!
(23-12-2021, 10:40 AM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]dont try otherwise get scolded for nothing unless u r their A1 customers know u well as gd friend.
i asked the carrot cake hawker can use vouchers she ignored me then commented NO TIME V BUSY where got free!

Your vouchers are digitally downloaded into your phone or hard copy from CC? .... Thinking
(22-12-2021, 01:29 PM)Migrant Wrote: [ -> ]Call it stupid?
Who?
$100 Chiak pah pah.

A lot of the elderly in my neighbourhood don't even have smartphones (not because they don't want to keep up with the times but because they need to be frugal with their savings). So they have to queue at the CC to get the paper versions.

One guy quite unlucky. His paper voucher got wrinkled and so cannot be scanned. I dunno what happened next. Maybe can get updated once I meet him again.
Pages: 1 2