SG Talk

Full Version: Wearing Hats in Singapore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So hot here. Yet saw people wearing hats in summer last year.
I also wearing mah , cannot?
Can.

But why? Your head not perspire and wet?
(06-02-2022, 01:12 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Can.

Wear a hat which has a round rim around the hat, to shield the sun from getting to the face, and to be badly tanned on the face.......
(06-02-2022, 12:09 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]So hot here. Yet saw people wearing hats in summer last year.

You never saw those "parking" aunties in the past? 

http://www.boringsingapore.com/2009/08/s...aunty.html
(06-02-2022, 01:36 PM)sgxin Wrote: [ -> ]You never saw those "parking" aunties in the past? 

http://www.boringsingapore.com/2009/08/s...aunty.html
It is now a sunset occupation as most HDB car Parks are digitally controlled......
Now no more parking aunty.

But I wonder, SG so hot and wearing hats may trigger heat stroke. No?

Unless the hats have 3 holes for ventilation.
In our very own backyard we can c many wear hats but doesn't seem to fit in everyone of them... not sure y... bcuz head not big but ngeh ngeh wear  Thinking
(06-02-2022, 01:12 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Can.

LOL oh hat , nope i wear is Cap.
(06-02-2022, 12:09 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]So hot here. Yet saw people wearing hats in summer last year.

hot then have to wear.

most people don't wear because it is not hot enough.
Wear hat under sun to shield the head from sun shinning directly.
(06-02-2022, 05:24 PM)guffaw Wrote: [ -> ]Wear hat under sun to shield the head from sun shinning directly.

Perfect answer. Wearing sun glasses alone is not enough when walking under the sun. With a hat adding shadow over the upper face; the eyes are well protected from glares and UV............. Rolleyes

In Sg every day is summer!  Tongue

Summer??? Big Grin
(06-02-2022, 05:33 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Perfect answer. Wearing sun glasses alone is not enough when walking under the sun. With a hat adding shadow over the upper face; the eyes are well protected from glares and UV............. Rolleyes

oo h h hh  . . .

OK. So, must wear sunglasses, wear hat, open umbrella and use UV cream to go out in "Summer".

Crying
(06-02-2022, 02:36 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]LOL oh hat , nope i wear is Cap.

Wearing cap is only good to protect from the sun in the front of the face, the other parts of the face is not protected.  Also the nape of the neck is exposed and when out in the sun for a long time, will make a mark on the neck.......
(06-02-2022, 08:03 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Wearing cap is only good to protect from the sun in the front of the face, the other parts of the face is not protected.  Also the nape of the neck is exposed and when out in the sun for a long time, will make a mark on the neck.......

FA wears a French cap to protect his little brother?  Thinking
Base on online shopping websites, Japanese have better designed summer hats with ventilation.

[Image: Japan-hats-ventilation.png]

[Image: Japan-hats-ventilation-2.png]
(06-02-2022, 08:03 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Wearing cap is only good to protect from the sun in the front of the face, the other parts of the face is not protected.  Also the nape of the neck is exposed and when out in the sun for a long time, will make a mark on the neck.......

Don't you know there are "fishing" hats for those who loiter long under the sun? Laughing
Sure, it's super hot, but the hat can provide some much-needed shade for your face. It's like carrying your own personal little umbrella around, but way more stylish! You know, it's funny, but I also used to think that wearing a hat in such weather was just asking for a heatstroke. However, after experiencing it myself, I've realized that it helps a ton in keeping the sun off your face and neck. The trick is to go for hats with good ventilation to let that heat escape. And speaking of hats, this reminds me of the Mato & Hash collection. I recently ordered a few trucker hats from there.