SG Talk

Full Version: Singapore’s prime minister underestimated India’s achievements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Singapore’s prime minister underestimated India’s achievements under Narendra Modi
Readers react to the Singaporean leader’s comments on the state of Indian democracy, and point to a flaw in the West’s characterisation of the country

Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong would do well to keep his focus on his own country. India is a strong and vibrant democracy, unlike Singapore which has been led by virtually one party since 1959 with a very small opposition.
While I appreciate the Post reporting the Singaporean prime minister’s comments, I did not appreciate the report’s assertion that “hating Nehru and everything he stood for is a [ Bharatiya Janata Party] hobby”. Nobody, except the Congress party elite, cares where India’s first prime minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, was educated.

https://www.scmp.com/comment/letters/art...ents-under
Modi did million times better than LHL

He exported his people out to work earning $66k/ mth like Ramesh

And can export tens of millions out to USA, Australia . . . .which PAP failed
(27-02-2022, 08:33 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Modi did million times better than LHL

but pinky is much better in TCSS and fixing the oppo.

who can do better, betterer, betterest?

Laughing
Why this pinky eat full full nothing to do go and ruffled up Modi's beautiful white beard?........ Big Grin
(27-02-2022, 08:33 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Modi did million times better than LHL

He exported his people out to work earning $66k/ mth like Ramesh

And can export tens of millions out to USA, Australia . . . .which PAP failed

Half of Indian MPs have court cases pending against them?
(27-02-2022, 09:15 AM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]Half of Indian MPs have court cases pending against them?

This is a fact which Modi's kahkias did not deny but they are not happy that Ah Loong mentioned it openly.
(27-02-2022, 09:18 AM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]This is a fact which Modi's kahkias did not deny but they are not happy that Ah Loong mentioned it openly.

Our PM is not wrong to say it. Just that they don't want to face it. Rape and murder.
Strong vibrant democracy so the female folks get raped openly? Farmers facing all sorts of financial problems end up committing suicide? Caste system still practised widely? Murderers/lynching mobs get away scootfree?

Name me one reason such hypocrite form of democracy is desirable.
Worst PM in Sg history crying
Still don’t want to step down…
Let OYK take over and do what is really good for Sg not CECA.
I think the Indians Parliamentary Act is different and more liberal than our Parliamentary Act. They accept crooks and liars with police records as MPs to sit and debate. Ours is very regimental and MPs personal records are scrutinize and not even a speck of dust is accepted. But basic respect must be accorded to other countries way of business...... Rolleyes
(27-02-2022, 09:15 AM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]Half of Indian MPs have court cases pending against them?

If we are really Democratic like India

I am sure many of us will also sue PA P Ministers

Maybe more than half of PAP Ministers have court cases, too

From Shoot Blank Queen JoTeo, useless Gan Bo Yong,

To . . . .