SG Talk

Full Version: Uk stops vaccination for under 18 but SG..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...keep pushing it.

Different experts have different opinions. So how?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/wor...9-15250890
MTF advised tat above sixty run risks of severe symptoms n need I c u ... but so far for young population data only mild symptoms n none need hospitalization... n ish they unlucky after jabbed need lor likewise for adults la... so belly  Huh
So ish children jabbed they protect others... grandparents parents etc... but if these grps r jabbed they ish protect the ppl around them mah... so if aim is protection... then approve non mrna lor... moi say like tat confusing bo Undecided
Should allow Sinovac for the under 18 and Sputnik-V too once WHO approves it.

Hungary EURO Matches Had Nearly 100% Occupancy Rate! Serbia Was More Daring!
(20-07-2021, 11:43 AM)sgxin Wrote: [ -> ]Should allow Sinovac for the under 18 and Sputnik-V too once WHO approves it.

Hungary EURO Matches Had Nearly 100% Occupancy Rate! Serbia Was More Daring!

I don't think Sinovax is very effective against Delta but at least it protects against severe illness. Guangzhou managed to contain it by lockdown and social distancing, not by vacc alone.
(20-07-2021, 12:07 PM)RichDad Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-07-2021, 11:43 AM)sgxin Wrote: [ -> ]Should allow Sinovac for the under 18 and Sputnik-V too once WHO approves it.

I don't think Sinovax is very effective against Delta but at least it protects against severe illness. Guangzhou managed to contain it by lockdown and social distancing, not by vacc alone.

Though the antibody level will be lower, I tend to agree with the view that full inactivated virus should produce a wider protection against variants.  
If one desires a higher antibody level, can always go for a 3rd dose of Sinovac where antibody is reported to increase 10-25 times.

And don't agree with the social distancing part as the peak-hour subway is as jam packed as Tokyo.

Sinovac shot seen highly effective in real world Chile
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202107/1228213.shtml
Quote:A Beijing-based immunologist told the Global Times on Thursday on condition of anonymity that in theory, inactivated vaccines carry all antigens of the virus, so they are able to neutralize a wider coverage of variants. Its efficacy against mutations should be better than the mRNA vaccines, but this requires further evaluation.