SG Talk

Full Version: East Coast Plan: Decommissioned Buses As Hotel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SINGAPORE - Twenty decommissioned public buses will be getting a new lease of life as rooms for a new resort to be built in Changi Village by 2023.

Tentatively called The Bus Resort, the project by travel agency WTS Travel will be located next to the popular Changi Village Hawker Centre and span some 8,600 sq m, or an area slightly larger than a football field.

A groundbreaking ceremony for the resort on Sunday (Aug 28) was attended by Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Maliki Osman, who is also an MP for East Coast GRC.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...-old-buses
At least berthed decommissioned ships off Tekong Island as hotels is more exciting and innovative! Buses!!!???
Surprisinly WTS travel was not made Bankrupt by China Covid Period...must be strong backing behind..
The Bus Hotel so unimaginative!

Should re-named as El-Cheapo Hotel
Hotel nearby maybe affected....hotel room price can be competitive; bus resorts room price at $400 ; so hotel room can adjust to $200 ?
intermission
Glorious food with Hannah
https://youtu.be/Xb44I2Hi8aU?list=PL1yqR...GN6us8OvRZ
gd idea if old buses are used for the homeless.
or modified as public toilets aka ShitExchange
WHAT EAST COAST PLAN??
the ideas is not fr pap mps ministers
but fr pte sector!!!!!!!
Per night cost is 300 to 400. Not cheap wor. I foresee the resort will decommission soon.
(29-08-2022, 10:54 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Per night cost is 300 to 400. Not cheap wor. I foresee the resort will decommission soon.

i rather in the nearby far east  hotel paying this rate
(29-08-2022, 09:14 AM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]Surprisinly WTS travel was not made Bankrupt by China Covid Period...must be strong backing behind..

1million died in USA. U never celebrate??
(29-08-2022, 12:07 PM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]1million died in USA. U never celebrate??

got la went kTV celebrate....

soon celebrating China karma...
Siao. For $300-400/day, can stay in MBS or Orchard road 5-star hotels.
Buses are so small, it will be like caravan park alike
[Image: 0891-A979-6-B71-4649-99-DE-590-F4245574-E.jpg]

[Image: F084-CBB5-FF0-A-4-CAD-ABFC-FB87-D4-ED757-A.jpg]
[Image: 363-F85-EE-725-D-4208-9-F57-65-C06-ECBF760.jpg]

[Image: 4391-A89-E-360-D-4156-B463-CF15-DC9-AF965.jpg]

[Image: F72-E44-F9-E5-EC-4214-AE31-47-C54-E64-D194.jpg]

[Image: 9-ACDB9-DA-CB13-4-EAF-964-A-127-D8-E207-DB5.jpg]

[Image: CE71-ED72-DA2-A-4-E0-C-9477-AAA88-E006878.jpg]

[Image: 1134-BB30-96-EF-417-E-9-CCE-37896-FF4-D5-D7.jpg]
(29-08-2022, 10:05 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]or modified as public toilets aka ShitExchange
Good one!  Laughing
Running out of ideas ... wonder what's next!
They claim " confident " future SG will get lots of tourists.

The core still what SG can offer. Is not just the usual MBS , chinatown , etc. I check the events also nothing specials.

If you put yourself as tourists point of view, come visit SG what you can do?

last time I was at TPY central saw tour guide bring tourists shop , walk around the neighbourhood which is a good idea but later it seem no more. I not sure is it response is poor or what. Actually this idea is good. People surely go MBS, Sentosa, China Town , Little India etc as all these are like tourist spots. Just that sometimes tourists visit a country is not mainly for the main tourist spot. is How much fun, unique experience for them.
(29-08-2022, 12:48 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]They claim " confident " future SG will get lots of tourists.

The core still what SG can offer. Is not just the usual MBS , chinatown , etc. I check the events also nothing specials.

If you put yourself as tourists point of view, come visit SG what you can do?

last time I was at TPY central saw tour guide bring tourists shop , walk around the neighbourhood which is a good idea but later it seem no more. I not sure is it response is poor or what. Actually this idea is good. People surely go MBS, Sentosa, China Town , Little India etc as all these are like tourist spots. Just that sometimes tourists visit a country is not mainly for the main tourist spot. is How much fun, unique experience for them.

usually where do you bring yr am and auntie clients to?
(29-08-2022, 12:39 PM)sporeguy Wrote: [ -> ]Running out of ideas ... wonder what's next!

Should park an old commercial plane on the East Coast beach as a sea view hotel.
(29-08-2022, 08:44 AM)sporeguy Wrote: [ -> ]SINGAPORE - Twenty decommissioned public buses will be getting a new lease of life as rooms for a new resort to be built in Changi Village by 2023.

Tentatively called The Bus Resort, the project by travel agency WTS Travel will be located next to the popular Changi Village Hawker Centre and span some 8,600 sq m, or an area slightly larger than a football field.

A groundbreaking ceremony for the resort on Sunday (Aug 28) was attended by Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Maliki Osman, who is also an MP for East Coast GRC.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...-old-buses

Only Sporeans will be interested not the tourists.
(29-08-2022, 01:15 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Should park an old commercial plane on the East Coast beach as a sea view hotel.
Your idea more creative than those hired for the job!
Clapping
(29-08-2022, 12:54 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]usually where do you bring yr am and auntie clients to?

can go where discuss contract? Hotels , cafe , pub , disco
(29-08-2022, 10:54 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Per night cost is 300 to 400. Not cheap wor. I foresee the resort will decommission soon.

(29-08-2022, 01:16 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Only Sporeans will be interested not the tourists.

Any tourists from the region must be mad to pay such a high price for a location that don't even have a sea view (other than a big longkang). For the one night cost, they can probably rent a sea-view resort apartment for one full month in their home country.

Eg RMB 1.5K per month sea-side room in Hainan:
Don't forget that time lockdown many Singaporeans/PRs paid exorbitant prices to dine in SIA planes on the tarmac.

IvIrsSTI may be right ... Singaporeans will be the first to chiong to stay inside the bus for instagram moments!
(29-08-2022, 09:21 AM)sporeguy Wrote: [ -> ]The Bus Hotel so unimaginative!

Should re-named as El-Cheapo Hotel

They need to house alot of the Tent People

from EAst Coast Park to Far -East Land
We will see decommissioned plane, train and plane turn to hotels soon
repealing Section 377A

start at the stronghold in changi village

[Image: dublin-bus-creates-staff-handbook-on-tra...lusion.jpg]