SG Talk

Full Version: come 65 wld you extend cpfLife till 70 then start collecting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what do sgtalk cpf members think?
Every year increase by 7%.

Not bad.

Compounded for 5 years - - > + 40%
Of course don't extend. You don't know how long you will live. You only have now.

At 70, you may not be able to enjoy life much so more money also no use. Collect it asap, mai tu liao.
cannot stand this hippo
it is a lie that one can accumulate 1m in cpf by working

5354 plse work out the sum based on average income of 4000 for 45yrs
say start 20 ends 65

max subject to cpf is 6k
(29-09-2022, 10:08 AM)FartSunKing Wrote: [ -> ]37% CPF contribution for a $4K monthly salary for 13 months a year 

Compounded over 45 years at 2.5% annual interest rate

Will grow to $1,524,025
5354 is correct, average PMET salary those time was $6-$8k..if promoted to manager post salary can reach $10k eg SMM employee. Beside they will given 6 maths bonus for shipyard employees too!
Of course take out ASAP.
My kampong already got relative died before 60years old.

You are not God, you wont know when is the actual day for reporting. It may be tomorrow? Dont let this lousy team takes over God role.

I Ching taught me, you need to solve today problem more important than tomorrow problem it may not happen.
Money taken out if still healthy anyhow spend investment like bid coin very soon become no money....keep in bank only little int.

(29-09-2022, 11:13 AM)ysh02 Wrote: [ -> ]Money taken out if still healthy anyhow spend investment like bid coin very soon become no money....keep in bank only little int.

still, how will u choose?
(29-09-2022, 11:17 AM)menghuii Wrote: [ -> ]still, how will u choose?

Take out and spend one third leave one third buy blue chips earn dividend and rest keep in FD.
(29-09-2022, 08:36 AM)menghuii Wrote: [ -> ]what do sgtalk cpf members think?

Definitely do not extend.  The more you extend, the longer time you will need to "break even".  One needs to live to at least 85 years just to "break even".
See below extracted from a website

Well, we will need to look at the numbers to decide. Assuming you are now 55 and have the FRS of $186k in your CPF, the payout at 65 will be $1,500/month (Standard Plan). The payout at age 70 will be $2,000, quite a bit more! Now let's do some simple analysis. For $500 more a month, it is worthwhile to defer the payout for another 5 years? That's the total loss of $1,500*12months*5years = $90,000 immediately to start. With an additional $500, it will take 15 years to break even, meaning, you will need to live to age 85 just to breakeven. You decide if this is worth it.
For me, take out asap. The older I get the less the value of money to me....
Nice titties Big Grin
(29-09-2022, 12:25 PM)lylcnn Wrote: [ -> ]For me, take out asap. The older I get the less the value of money to me....

Yup, can take out just take out.

Partly anything link with Govt they can change or just " act blur " due to their agenda, policy behind.

No doubt there will be debates in Parliament vote to approve but here is SG , PAP this is the difference.

Unless more opposition been voted in than will be different story.
(29-09-2022, 10:40 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Of course take out ASAP.
My kampong already got relative died before 60years old.

You are not God, you wont know when is the actual day for reporting. It may be tomorrow? Dont let this lousy team takes over God role.

I Ching taught me, you need to solve today problem more important than tomorrow problem it may not happen.

Another will be to look at the lifespan (genes) of one's grandparents and parents.
Eg if a guy's dad and his 2 grandfathers didn't live beyond 75-80yo, then I think it will be very stupid to gamble to delay CPFLife draw down till 70yo.
Don't think so..Not garmen fault

(29-09-2022, 01:30 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, can take out just take out.

Partly anything link with Govt they can change or just " act blur " due to their agenda, policy behind.

No doubt there will be debates in Parliament vote to approve but here is SG , PAP this is the difference.

Unless more opposition been voted in than will be different story.
Don't take out than those money you hard earned go where ? Govt will take care of you don't worry if you donate it to them which mean all the while you are working FOC for them.
(29-09-2022, 01:52 PM)lylcnn Wrote: [ -> ]Don't think so..Not garmen fault

You have to see, As long ANY THING under Govt, means is They control, even come " the party own politics agenda "
No follow up discussion even thread starter presumed all taken out and spend or laughing to the banks
Take out and spend on yourself and your wifey. The rest are just vultures waiting by the sidelines for your demise Big Grin
(29-09-2022, 01:51 PM)sgxin Wrote: [ -> ]Another will be to look at the lifespan (genes) of one's grandparents and parents.
Eg if a guy's dad and his 2 grandfathers didn't live beyond 75-80yo, then I think it will be very stupid to gamble to delay CPFLife draw down till 70yo.

Makes sense.  Also lau kok kok at 70 cannot piak piak vietbu or atb anymore Big Grin
(29-09-2022, 06:37 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Makes sense.  Also lau kok kok at 70 cannot piak piak vietbu or atb anymore Big Grin

64 is the maximum limit for man lah. Big Grin
Woman is 7x7=49
Man 8x8=64
(29-09-2022, 06:44 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]64 is the maximum limit for man lah. Big Grin
Woman is 7x7=49
Man 8x8=64
Man

When I get there eventually I let you know Big Grin
(29-09-2022, 06:45 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]When I get there eventually I let you know Big Grin

If your male friend told you 65, he still can is bullshxt. Rotfl
(29-09-2022, 06:49 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]If your male friend told you 65, he still can is bullshxt. Rotfl

Rotfl
(29-09-2022, 12:14 PM)menghuii Wrote: [ -> ]sinkii life expectancy

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1088...singapore/

The statistics already tells you -------> Life expectancy is 83.5 for those BORN in 2021

You born in 2021 meh? KNN, use your brain a bit can or not and don't always let PAP ccbais bluff you, can or not?
Pages: 1 2